• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    ? lebron and his long winded album review. Stick to floppin & basketball

Pacers fan?

Bulls fan.

We gonna pretend like he isnt the biggest actor/drama queen in the league now?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    “DAMN.,” King Kendrick!

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.43156/title.kendrick-lamars-damn-first-week-sales-set-monster-landmark-for-2017

Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. album pushed 610,000 equivalent album units to claim the top spot on the Billboard 200 in its first week. The LP pulled in more than 300 million streams, but 60 percent of the total number comes from pure album sales, boosted by the epic album signing he held in Compton. Kendrick beats out Drake for the highest-selling debut of 2017. More Life sold 505,000 units upon its release earlier this month. It spent three weeks at #1 before being dethroned. This is K.Dot’s third straight #1 album, following untitled unmastered. and To ? a Butterfly.

Damn.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Pacers fan?

Bulls fan.

No wonder you hate LeBron. He eliminated the Bulls from the playoffs what 5 years in a row? That's half a decade one man has ended ya'll seasons...and no biggest actor would go James Harden

Pacers fan?

Bulls fan.

No wonder you hate LeBron. He eliminated the Bulls from the playoffs what 5 years in a row? That's half a decade one man has ended ya'll seasons...
    Dukie.gif

Man @blackrain that was uncalled for
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pacers fan?

Bulls fan.

No wonder you hate LeBron. He eliminated the Bulls from the playoffs what 5 years in a row? That's half a decade one man has ended ya'll seasons...and no biggest actor would go James Harden

Is Mano still in the league...? antics were Oscar worthy
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    On some audio nerd ? , I knew somethin was up when the Bass was drowning out Kdots lyrics on "DNA" in the whip with some woofers. Dre didnt mix this album, shame.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    On some audio nerd ? , I knew somethin was up when the Bass was drowning out Kdots lyrics on "DNA" in the whip with some woofers. Dre didnt mix this album, shame.

Dre has had minimum production on all of Dot's major label releases. He co-mixed like 2 or 3 songs on GKMC (Ali mixed every track), he had a very brief appearance on TPAB (no mixing at all), and all he was involved in on DAMN. was being the album's executive producer (which is what he's been on every K. Dot album since signing). Stop tryna force this ? to overproduce Kendrick's ? !!!!
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options

Dre has had minimum production on all of Dot's major label releases. He co-mixed like 2 or 3 songs on GKMC (Ali mixed every track), he had a very brief appearance on TPAB (no mixing at all), and all he was involved in on DAMN. was being the album's executive producer (which is what he's been on every K. Dot album since signing). Stop tryna force this ? to overproduce Kendrick's ? !!!!

I didn't say ? about him producing ? tho. My only beef is that track, everything else sounds fine. None of Dres mixed tracks has that issue with heavy drums. It sounds fine with headphones.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't say ? about him producing ? tho.

Mixing is part of the production process, fam, no? And I was just putting you on game, soak it up.
  • Stew
    Options

I didn't say ? about him producing ? tho.

Mixing is part of the production process, fam, no? And I was just putting you on game, soak it up.

No, it has nothin to do with actually producing the track. The track has to be done first, then mixed. That's why theres 2 separate credits for it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is mixing? I always see it onalbum credits but I never looked it up. Im not trying to be funny or whatever. I honestly don't know
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pacers fan?

Bulls fan.

and no biggest actor would go James Harden
    5741126c1600002a00f94193.gif
    lebron-james-flopping-versus-mavericks.gif
    lebron-pacers-flop.gif
    12298329966_d8d1ce7c1f_o.gif
    lBjWsWypYjoti.gif
    nazr1.gif

gettyimages-541561658.jpg?w=625
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is mixing? I always see it onalbum credits but I never looked it up. Im not trying to be funny or whatever. I honestly don't know

Mixing of vocals and production. Volume levels, sound fx use (echo, reverb,) etc...

That's the best way I can explain it, maybe someone else who has a better grasp of it can tell you more...
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Mixing of vocals and production. Volume levels, sound fx use (echo, reverb,) etc...

That's the best way I can explain it, maybe someone else who has a better grasp of it can tell you more...

Yea and then mastering which is Basically like polishing a car after being cleaned. Some people do it really well, others not so much but it's hard to tell unless you're listening with good equipment or it's just flat out terrible. For example, go back and listen to 36 Chambers, sounds like ? lol but obviously thats the sound they wanted. I'm still confused as to why they remastered OB4CL and not that album.

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got it, basically it's the difference between everyone else's albums and blu's good to be home album where the quality is trash