Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Watched it last night. ? is overrated
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    I finally watched Get Out this weekend. Crazy, demented white folks aside, I found the male lead to be very naive to his clearly out of touch white girlfriend.

Great movie though.

His white girlfriend was the "woke" white person. She played that role to put him to "sleep".
    Was she? Her saying that she hadn't told her folks he was black was a major red flag to the fact that she was not woke.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Watched it last night. ? is overrated

nah not at all ? was multi layered on the surface if you not really understanding the premise i suppose but its alot of ? to unpack... and i ihate key and peele i never liked ? form them but he killed this
  • Stew
    Options
    Maybe I should try watching it sober next time.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    man I end up deep in the woods ? wit people I dont know all the time

still aint seen the movie btw

? ..you set up shop out in the sticks.

true but thats home....that didnt have anything to do with going to all her folks places

I've been assed out a few times way in east texas, no cell service, no clue where im at, etc

I didnt really think ? was gone happen but you wonder sometimes lol....this was early on too
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Get out just rehashed my thoughts on the "I voted for Obama!" white people

I know plenty of "woke" white people that either come off as apologist or "post-racial" types.

Some White abolitionist in the 1700's were against slavery but did not want to be your neighbor and still thought black people were inferior mentally.
    Known KKK members opened some of the first black schools in the south. They believed every child deserved a real education just not with my child.

Just be yourself!
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I finally watched Get Out this weekend. Crazy, demented white folks aside, I found the male lead to be very naive to his clearly out of touch white girlfriend.

Great movie though.

His white girlfriend was the "woke" white person. She played that role to put him to "sleep".
    Was she? Her saying that she hadn't told her folks he was black was a major red flag to the fact that she was not woke.

Her assurance to him they her father voted for Obama and would do it again was her "woke" provocation. Also her statement about loving him. The police stance was too. Even though I think .......................(spoiler)
    the police thing was to make sure the cop didnt get his info especially if he was on to it.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great movie though.

I watched it also gonna watch it again at some point soon.. ? had a lil bit more depth than that .. posted up in the GET OUT thread

I read an article about the movie awhile back about the metaphor the movie is intended to represent, but I was watching it like..dude, seriously? The ? clearly didn't get it, yet he drove out to the wilderness to spend a weekend with people he didn't even know. It was just unbelievable that she would put him in the position, and unbelievable that he would go along with it.

Its visiting/meeting her family..how is that weird?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion how's Montreal right now?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17190347_676627309194123_7675520773852250892_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=45ca66f751be4f0f478d020269df2858&oe=599580A9[/img]
  • Kat
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Great movie though.

I watched it also gonna watch it again at some point soon.. ? had a lil bit more depth than that .. posted up in the GET OUT thread

I read an article about the movie awhile back about the metaphor the movie is intended to represent, but I was watching it like..dude, seriously? The ? clearly didn't get it, yet he drove out to the wilderness to spend a weekend with people he didn't even know. It was just unbelievable that she would put him in the position, and unbelievable that he would go along with it.

Meeting the family for the first time should be a dinner at most, not a weekend stay out in the woods with white folks that don't even know you're black. ? that.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Great movie though.

Meeting the family for the first time should be a dinner at most, not a weekend stay out in the woods with white folks that don't even know you're black. ? that.

I agree about the dinner thing but Kat...it's white people lol

It's still the norm
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i think that today will be the day i finally listen to Schoolboy's Blankface LP.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taye Diggs needs a Buick Skylark dropped on his damn head.

? running around in drag

No need in wasting a good skylark.... just use a good ole anvil
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I guess you know you finally made it on the ic when you have somebody stalking all your post and flagging you all the time ..
  • HafBayked
    Options
    ima be a grown up today lol...
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

i think that today will be the day i finally listen to Schoolboy's Blankface LP.

Better late than never... dope ass album
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    @Trillfate since you from Cali, peep this

The Main Ingredient "California My Way"
    https://youtu.be/ZFE7G8i7C6U

Oh ? this must be the song TI n them sampled for that Cali song they did last year, sounds just like it... dope ?

@trillfate @king hassan

Maze "we are one"

https://youtu.be/Q2lS283bmKM

You ? are true connoisseurs, goat

how tf you didnt ....

never mind
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:joy: twitter was goin ham on her ass and she deleted it

d4cs45zies6w.png

I used to fucc this somali chic she said her people would call American blacc girls Sha Nay-Nays
  • HafBayked
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

make sure you got pre rolls

might wanna pick up some fresh chucks or hush puppies

sumn about Q always bring that real west coast feel

? almost went and got a jheri curl
  • Kat
    Options

Great movie though.

I agree about the dinner thing but Kat...it's white people lol

It's still the norm

Um, I'm white. No it's not, especially under special circumstances.

Even when my sister brought her man home from out of town, they got a room.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stew
    Options
    I guess you know you finally made it on the ic when you have somebody stalking all your post and flagging you all the time ..

Lmaooo