The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm going to the fight on Saturday...this whole time I been thinking that Joshua gonna knock Klitschko out but now I'm having second thoughts on who to bet on...

Who you ? got?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

"A" this ? here really put the letter "A".

Crying laughing!

In regards to a fight between them Bradley washed up in my eyes but at the same time Broner ain't going to push the pace and fight a style that would wear Bradley down.

Damn shame I'm leaning towards a washed up Bradley over Broner.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

wasnt yall ? giving me ? for coming down hard on him years ago?

ah...now yall see why?

? got GOAT potential but cant leave thm streets alone

No he don't and that has been proven in the ring.

Broner got "I'm alright potential" and he has fulfilled that
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I was actually hyped for a heavyweight championship match. Hope saturday night is worth it. Boxing is the only reason I still even have a showtime subscription.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I'm going to the fight on Saturday...this whole time I been thinking that Joshua gonna knock Klitschko out but now I'm having second thoughts on who to bet on...

Who you ? got?
    Joshua is -240 (bet $240 to win $100)
    Klitschko is +190 (bet $100 to win $190).
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Who you ? got?

Yall bet online? What´s yall fav site to place bets on?
  • Mastery
    edited April 2017
    Options

Who you ? got?

Yall bet online? What´s yall fav site to place bets on?

I usually bet on Bovada.

Other sites I and others used are Betonline or 5dimes.

We normally just bet eachother in here and pay out via paypal lol
  • D. Morgan
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What yall think Andrade asked for?

Erislandy Lara Says Demetrius Andrade Priced Himself Out

According to WBA, IBO junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, 14 KOs), he was looking forward to facing Olympian Demetrius Andrade (24-0, 16 KOs), but claims the fight fell apart over money.

Andrade captured the WBA's "regular" version of the world title when he traveled to Germany last month to win a twelve round decision over Jack Culcay.

Lara hit the ring back in January and scored an easy knockout victory over Yuri Foreman.

Lara has two more dates that were promised to him in 2017. One of those fights is being positioned to take place in the month of June. The boxer recently spent some time in Miami and is now back in training. He wants at least of those fights to be a unification or against someone of value.

"? willing I will be back in the ring in late June. My manager Luis DeCubas Jr. and Al Haymon called me and told me to start training. I only came to Miami to solve some personal problems, but I'm already in camp," Lara told George Ebro.

Lara says his opponent of choice was Andrade, who is also a former WBO champion. He says Andrade overpriced himself. If Lara is unable to get in the ring with Andrade, then he wants to have a unification with newly crowned IBF champion Jarrett Hurd, who is also handled by Al Haymon.

"I'd like to face Demetrius Andrade, who talks too much. But to tell you the truth, at the moment he doesn't want to face me. He is asking for a lot of money, an amount of money that he does not deserve. If we finally don't reach any type of agreement with Andrade, then we will be looking at Jarrett Hurd, the International Boxing Federation champion.
    I still have two more fights left in 2017. One of them will be against someone important," Lara said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/erislandy-lara-says-demetrius-andrade-priced-himself-out--115972
  • Mastery
    Options
    Andrade did the same dumb ? a while ago when he was asking for too much to fight Jermall Charlo. Smh. His daddy giving him bad advice.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Someone create a D League for Broner

prolly wont happen. but I'd love to see Broner fight one of the Charlo brothers...
  • Mastery
    edited April 2017
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

prolly wont happen. but I'd love to see Broner fight one of the Charlo brothers...

? that's at least 2 weight classes apart for Jermall (he moving up to 160) and Jermell, Broner wouldhave to move up to 154 to make it happen. He'd get beat by both though so I'm not sure why you'd want to see that fight in the first place. Lol
  • marc123
    Options

? that's at least 2 weight classes apart for Jermall (he moving up to 160) and Jermell, Broner woulfbhave to move up to 154 to make it happen. He'd get beat by both though so I'm not sure why you'd want to see that fight in the first place. Lol

entertainment
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? that's at least 2 weight classes apart for Jermall (he moving up to 160) and Jermell, Broner woulfbhave to move up to 154 to make it happen. He'd get beat by both though so I'm not sure why you'd want to see that fight in the first place. Lol

Lol @mark123
    tryna see AB get knocked the ? out..
  • Mastery
    Options

entertainment
    illedout wrote: »

Lol @mark123
    tryna see AB get knocked the ? out..

Basically haha
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna c Broner die in the ring
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

((((((Triggered))))))
  • marc123
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Jesus!
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/loeffler-golovkin-wait-focus-on-canelo-chavez-winner--116014
    Loeffler: Golovkin Will Wait, Focus on Canelo-Chavez Winner

Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, who handle IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs), indicates that his boxer will not return until at least September, hopefully against the winner of Saturday's fight between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. takes place at the T-Mobile Arena on May 6th, on HBO Pay-Per-View, at a catch-weight of 164.5-pounds.

Golovkin went through a tough contest last month at New York's Madison Square Garden, when he was taken the full twelve round distance for the first time in his career, by Daniel Jacobs.

He was initially going to fight in June or July on Kazakhstan, possibly against WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders, but he wasn't ready to return to training camp so quickly and his body was still very sore from the Jacobs bouts.

"Gennady is not going fight in June," Loeffler told ABC News. "It was a quick turnaround after the Jacobs fight and we would have liked to have done a fight with Billy Joe Saunders but it was just too quick of a turnaround. So we'll see now when Gennady is ready to fight what the biggest opportunities are."

"Gennady would have had to be in training two weeks ago already but he went 12 hard rounds with Jacobs. There was also a question on the date. Saunders' promoter] Frank [Warren] wanted to move the date up a week. He wanted to go earlier in June. Bottom line is Gennady won't fight in June. They still are anxious to have him [in Kazakhstan]. They want him to be there and Gennady wanted to fight over there but it would have been too quick of a turnaround. It was 12 hard rounds (with Jacobs)."

Loeffler and Golovkin will hang back, wait for the outcome of Canelo-Chavez, and then begin negotiations to face the winner in the fall.

"We'll see what happens. If Chavez wins we'd love to have a Chavez fight also," Loeffler said. "If Canelo wins that would be the priority. I'm still in contact with Golden Boy. I speak to (Golden Boy president) Eric Gomez probably like twice a week. We'll see what happens on May 6 and see if we can make a deal."
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I didn't mean like dead dead. Just beat to ?
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Andrade did the same dumb ? a while ago when he was asking for too much to fight Jermall Charlo. Smh. His daddy giving him bad advice.

I remember the Charlo ? as well. IMO Andrade was dumb for not signing with Haymon when he had the chance and going back to the folks who felt wasn't getting the job done.

Somebody between Andrade and Lara is lying.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

entertainment

LLS why not just watch the Maidana vs Broner fight over again? I'm sure you haven't forgot about this yet
    broner2.gif?w=1000

• D. Morgan
    Options
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AJ/Klitschko press conference live right now.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the same Klitschko that lost to Tyson Fury turns up on Saturday Joshua will but him to sleep before the fifth.