The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    IT front running

Explain how when we were down 2 entering the 4th and he scored 11 points in the 4th?

You know if we lost all we would hear is "your best player can't be 5'9" or "26m's!" but when we win.........crickets

? I wasnt watching these weak ass games tonight. ? .

How's your x factor rondos thumb?
    My team is in the middle of a dynasty I could care less about the draft

tenor.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Horford only other player averaging 16+/9+/5+ while shooting 50%+ from the field besides Lebron in the playoffs, we def ? that up

Lol @ this stretch Armstrong reach ESPN stat, Al solid but he was signed to do nore than this and what he's done all season and u know this. Yes Al is a good 3rd option/glue guy and defensive anchor but he's paid superstar bucks and hasn't separated himself from the worth of Bradley or Crowder. That is y "26m's" keeps coming up. Stop making urself look a fool defending his ass
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad we took care of business in the 2nd half, gotta bring that same energy on Friday 1 more and it's Stevens 1st series win. Loved the balance with IT, horford, avery, KO and smart just need to close the deal

Shut your soft ass up, you know your team not making no noise worst 1 seed in history

Lol at soft So pulling for my team makes me soft?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Canaan and thomas were flexin on each other,I was rollin them ? were woofin all game.

They pretty much trapped him all game,especially when the bulls got the switch wit it on him but I wish jimmy was more aggressive in the 4th he deferred to wade too much.Bradley played good defense on him too

Wade has some bad habits that ? the bulls every game.I wish they could get rid of him after this season,they played better when he was injured.Rondo>>>>>Wade
  • time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Horford only other player averaging 16+/9+/5+ while shooting 50%+ from the field besides Lebron in the playoffs, we def ? that up

Lol @ this stretch Armstrong reach ESPN stat, Al solid but he was signed to do nore than this and what he's done all season and u know this. Yes Al is a good 3rd option/glue guy and defensive anchor but he's paid superstar bucks and hasn't separated himself from the worth of Bradley or Crowder. That is y "26m's" keeps coming up. Stop making urself look a fool defending his ass

For one if I'm relaying FACTS then how does that qualify as a reach? Explain that one to me, two if that post wasn't the dumbest post I've ever read on here it's the closest one, are you insinuating that the Celtics were duped and thought we were paying a completely different player than what we got? NO dog what the ? is wrong with you? We knew exactly what we were paying for and got the results we were looking for, it doesn't matter what YOU andvthese clowns think he should be averaging because of that contract, the going price for Horford was 26m, we were one of over 30% of the league that were in the sweepstakes for him and we won, we had to spend that money anyway and we got great results from it, when Horford plays great like he has been (dont downplay that stat line in the playoffs like he is supposed to do more) he gets zero credit but when he has a bad game then it's 26ms! Why don't you start calling Melo 24m's! Who missed the playoffs for the 4th straight year? The point is I shouldn't have to defend Al, I've pointed out how coaches around the league value him because you actually have to watch ball and not just read stats and play NBA 2k to understand Horford's value to a team, his contract is an afterthought here the money was well spent
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rondo getting all this respek , I had to check the forum!!

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    My team is in the middle of a dynasty I could care less about the draft

lmao my man said dynasty I'm dying

yall better thank the ball gods that rondo went out

VeNJV.gif

Wrong thread
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls about to get eliminated
    clips about to get eliminated
    Nate out the league
    Bledsoe on the horrible suns

:#
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Irony is on paper Boston might be the worst team left in the East B)
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls suck at home in the playoffs this probably ends friday.Niko and portis let me down this series

Celtics will win the series and

2d2i07c.png

put this next to the 2017 8 vs 1 east match up

ha ha...
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think both series end tonight. Although I wouldnt be surprised if Toronto ? around and let Milwaukee slow em down like game 3.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This series made people look at Rondo in a whole different light.

I remember during the regular season, Rondos complaint was that the Bulls were not letting him play how he wanted to play, instead the coach was trying to run his system which didnt have a need for a ball dominant gaurd (bulls fans correct me if im wrong)

The issue with Rondo is that Rondo does not like to be coached. Dude has such a high basbetball iq and is ? stubborn and wants run the offense his way. That was the issue in Dallas too. Carlisle called too many plays and Rondo waived them off.

My question to Bulls fans though (and ima @tommybillfiger and @ckfree cause yall the only ones I know), do yall think the Bulls would be effective if they kept Rondo as their pg and have him basically be a player coach and Hoiberg be a puppet. I mean if they keep pretty much this roster and maybe add some more shooters. Or do yall think this was just the team peeking at the right time and Rondo played hard as ? the 1st two games cause he had something to prove to the celtics and he'll go back to the player hes been the last 3 years even if hes allowed to run the offense how he wants.

I remember the Bulls actually playing good to start the season when they allowed Rondo to be more ball dominant too.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont forget "playoff rondo" is a thing
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls suck at home in the playoffs this probably ends friday.Niko and portis let me down this series

2d2i07c.png

I swear I hate Niko, he shoots waaaaaaaay to many jumpers
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to end this ? show in 6
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited April 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

I remember during the regular season, Rondos complaint was that the Bulls were not letting him play how he wanted to play, instead the coach was trying to run his system which didnt have a need for a ball dominant gaurd (bulls fans correct me if im wrong)

The issue with Rondo is that Rondo does not like to be coached. Dude has such a high basbetball iq and is ? stubborn and wants run the offense his way. That was the issue in Dallas too. Carlisle called too many plays and Rondo waived them off.

My question to Bulls fans though (and ima @tommybillfiger and @ckfree cause yall the only ones I know), do yall think the Bulls would be effective if they kept Rondo as their pg and have him basically be a player coach and Hoiberg be a puppet. I mean if they keep pretty much this roster and maybe add some more shooters. Or do yall think this was just the team peeking at the right time and Rondo played hard as ? the 1st two games cause he had something to prove to the celtics and he'll go back to the player hes been the last 3 years even if hes allowed to run the offense how he wants.

I remember the Bulls actually playing good to start the season when they allowed Rondo to be more ball dominant too.
    The bolded.Rondo knows the c's plays and he's the only pg on the bulls that can pass and run an offense and push the pace.So without him the drop off is huge.I said yesterday if the bulls had any capable back up pg this series would be over.There was a play in game 2 that boston tried to run for crowder and rondo intercepted the pass cuz he knew the play.

Rondo has value in this match up,if the bulls won and he faced wall he woulda got ate up cuz he can't defend.Bottom line is the bulls offense was 18th-20th when rondo ran it and he was a negative overall.Game 1 he had 5 fouls and was a negative on the floor and was benched the last 6 mins.I look at rondo in a different light than I did before he came to the bulls but he's still overrated.Also wade ruined the chemistry the bulls played with when he was out.

It was funny last night when the bulls in the timeout and rondo was coaching giving directions and fred was no where to be found.I have no idea what the bulls will do this off season but I'd keep rondo over wade.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

2d2i07c.png

I swear I hate Niko, he shoots waaaaaaaay to many jumpers

He's mad inconsistent that's my biggest gripe wit niko.Needed him this round and he no showed.

That's what they turned him into.A spot up shooter his rookie year he was posting cats up,taking them off the dribble,getting to the line,making plays.Now he just jacks 27 foot 3's

I personally think better coaching/system and niko will be solid he isn't being utilized correctly.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

The bolded.Rondo knows the c's plays and he's the only pg on the bulls that can pass and run an offense and push the pace.So without him the drop off is huge.I said yesterday if the bulls had any capable back up pg this series would be over.There was a play in game 2 that boston tried to run for crowder and rondo intercepted the pass cuz he knew the play.

Rondo has value in this match up,if the bulls won and he faced wall he woulda got ate up cuz he can't defend.Bottom line is the bulls offense was 18th-20th when rondo ran it and he was a negative overall.Game 1 he had 5 fouls and was a negative on the floor and was benched the last 6 mins.I look at rondo in a different light than I did before he came to the bulls but he's still overrated.Also wade ruined the chemistry the bulls played with when he was out.

It was funny last night when the bulls in the timeout and rondo was coaching giving directions and fred was no where to be found.I have no idea what the bulls will do this off season but I'd keep rondo over wade.

This is pretty much what I was thinking too. I always been a Rondo fan, but the last few days the media been pumping Rondo up like the bulls are missing a legit superstar.

I think in the right system, Rondo can be a better than average pg, if he has shooters and cutters around him, he will get the best shot in that possesion more often than not, but end of the day, hes not as good as the media been making him seem.

Plus dude doesnt play hard all the time. He only gets up for big games.

If im the Bulls, I keep Rondo over Wade too. Wade just didnt care last night. ? was disgusting and hes gonna be even worse next year.

Funniest thing about last night was when at one point the Celtics were shooting a freethrow and Rondo called Butler over and was telling him what to do and Butler was asking him questions and soaking it all up whole Hoiberg was like 5 feet away looking at them. ? was hilarious. I know Hoiberg hates Rondo.