T.I. Hasn't Spoken To That Coonish Lookin Gremlin Lil Wayne Since His Black Lives Matter Comments…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in The Reason
http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.43254/title.t-i-hasnt-spoken-to-lil-wayne-since-black-lives-matter-drama
T.I. Hasn't Spoken To Lil Wayne Since Black Lives Matter Drama

AUSTIN, TX – T.I. is not one to keep his thoughts to himself, and in the case of Lil Wayne’s controversial snub of the Black Lives Matter movement, the Grand Hustle boss had to let Tunechi and the people know that black lives do matter.

Tip spoke with Sway Calloway at a panel during SXSW in Austin, Texas last month and was asked by Baller Alert if he had spoken to Lil Wayne since publicly calling him out about the statements.

“I ain’t spoke to lil bro,” he shared. “That was probably one of the most difficult responses or one of the most difficult tasks I had been faced with.”

The Atlanta star said he was directing his comments just as much toward those who follow Lil Wayne and would think that his comments make it ok for them to dismiss Black Lives Matter.

“This ain’t cool,” he continued. “This ain’t how we rockin. And I don’t think that could have been done in private. That was something that had to be done publicly.”

In regards to how celebrities share their voices on social justice issues, T.I. says that not all stars have to be vocal and all statements should be authentic — not contrived. He has chosen to use social media and his music, including his Us or Else project, to raise awareness about socio-political issues such as police brutality.

“I think it’s important for them to do what they’re passionate about,” he explained. “Like if they have a true passion and they really sincerely care enough, then I think they should speak out on it. I don’t think they should keep themselves from speaking out on it just for their corporate sponsors’ comfort zones. But at the same time, I don’t think they should force themselves if they don’t really have an opinion. ‘No comment’ is still useful. If somebody asks you something, ‘No comment, I ain’t got a comment about that.’ I think that is the best answer when you ain’t really got an opinion.”

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    closed thread
    nobody dont care but you
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True ? TI talkin
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? both them ? wen that zoniique sex tape droppin
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was probably only a industry friendship anyways.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    the ghost wrote: »

Nah brah, TIP wife and Wayne BM Toya was Best friends and they had that show together...they daughters was in a Pop Group together and still best friends to this day...Zonnique & Nae got another tv shiw together coming out "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta "

Their familes is basically family, so I'm surprised they ain't chopped it up yet
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldnt talk to a nugga dat sound like a ? robot either
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do we really need TIP to be a rent an activist when there are many more conscious rappers who can rep the fight better than him? Good for tip for changing his lifestyle around but bruh trying act holier than thou now. All the comments Wayne made in the past and TI didn't say ? . Now he is on his high horse after recent comments? ? outta here. Remember this the same rapper who a few years ago carted Iggy around in a chariot.

Word, havin legends apologize to that clown just so he can cake off her success which didn't happen anyway and in every interview he always talkin bout he can't tell Iggy nothin she does what she wants and he haven't even talked to her in awhile.

Dude doesn't know how to handle his women, he should've checked Iggy for goin at Snoop and he should've checked his wife about hangin around Floyd instead steppin to Floyd swingin on him and lettin his bodyguards step in before Floyd could get off.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah brah, TIP wife and Wayne BM Toya was Best friends and they had that show together...they daughters was in a Pop Group together and still best friends to this day...Zonnique & Nae got another tv shiw together coming out "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta "

Their familes is basically family, so I'm surprised they ain't chopped it up yet

This ? keepin up wit female relationships got family hustle on dvr n ? you make the city look bad that's the truth ? ? I be in Atlanta more than U
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »

This ? keepin up wit female relationships got family hustle on dvr n ? you make the city look bad that's the truth ? ? I be in Atlanta more than U

@JonnyRoccIT this ? said pull up, he be in MidTown all the time.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    _? _ wrote: »

@JonnyRoccIT this ? said pull up, he be in MidTown all the time.

Brah be on the Buckhead strip hard talm bout "pull up w/ the stick let it hit"
  • miami cane
    miami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    Lmao ? riding with TIP phony ass. Wayne a clown but TIP phony ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do we really need TIP to be a rent an activist when there are many more conscious rappers who can rep the fight better than him? Good for tip for changing his lifestyle around but bruh trying act holier than thou now. All the comments Wayne made in the past and TI didn't say ? . Now he is on his high horse after recent comments? ? outta here. Remember this the same rapper who a few years ago carted Iggy around in a chariot.

Facts
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know he put out Iggy for a money grab but it was still a ? ? move. That ? is a disease to the culture
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, the thread title been buggin tha ? outta me. Shouldn't it be Gremlin-looking ? ?