If Dr Dre wrote his own lyrics would you consider him in your top 5-10?

Options
chompollet
chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in The Reason
Imagine Dre wrote all his stuff by his own.

If Dr Dre wrote his own lyrics would you consider him in your top 5-10? 29 votes

Yes
17%
chompolletwater ur seedsL3NUMasterJayN100KingLuciano 5 votes
No
82%
dwade206nawledge_godblack caesarpower_wisdomthe_focused_oneTHE_R_gman82okaayPanchoYoSanchoCapitalBCoolJoeMr.LVD.D.S.its....JOHN BShizlanskymosincredibleBuilt 4 cuban linxCashmoneyDuxTrillfateSoloman_The_Wise 24 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes
    dre is a billionaire.he doesnt give a ? being in anyone's top 5 or 10
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This can't be a serious discussion. Dre has classic verses to classic songs ghostwritten or not. Why even analyze it more than that. He's beyond petty arguments of "better rappers". He's an important music giant, period.

This by no means is a excuse to argue he's a great lyricist. He didn't write his own ? so he's not in the running. I'm just saying Dre shouldn't be mentioned.
  • chompollet
    Options
    Yes
    I voted Yes he would easy be the GOAT from The West atleast.
  • chompollet
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes
    grYmes wrote: »
    This can't be a serious discussion. Dre has classic verses to classic songs ghostwritten or not. Why even analyze it more than that. He's beyond petty arguments of "better rappers". He's an important music giant, period.

I am not takin anything from Dre. I am biggin him up with this thread. He got an amazing catalog. He only lacks on writin.

Imagine his catalogue and his verses written by himself.. Damn Yes according to me be would be in my top 6 or 7
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is that petty? Not putting him as a goat writer/rapper for not writing his raps sounds pretty legitimate to me.
  • grYmes
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »

I am not takin anything from Dre. I am biggin him up with this thread. He got an amazing catalog. He only lacks on writin.

Imagine his catalogue and his verses written by himself.. Damn Yes according to me be would be in my top 6 or 7

If he really did write his rhymes he'd be known for some hot songs & two classics. That along with NWA.. It would definitely add on to an already legendary career.

• grYmes
    edited May 2017
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »

How is that petty? Not putting him as a goat writer/rapper for not writing his raps sounds pretty legitimate to me.

I didn't mean it like that. Of course not having him as a goat writer is legit. I just mean it goes without saying. Dre shouldn't be in those discussions at all.
  • chompollet
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes
    chompollet wrote: »

If he really did write his rhymes he'd be known for some hot songs & two classics. That along with NWA.. It would definitely add on to an already legendary career.

Nah Dre dont get the props just because he didnt write his own ? .

Now he just the GOAT producer. He could be much more.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    He's known as the greatest producer in hip hop history. He's good.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and my 2 homeboys have a hip hop podcast and he proposed this exact question. I told him Dre would be the goat if he actually wrote all his stuff.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    ? don't even produce all his ? ...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    dre is a billionaire.he doesnt give a ? being in anyone's top 5 or 10

? can't read I see
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    im not really a fan of his verses on his songs..
    i dont care who wrote them..

maybe its cause im from LA and the streets talk..
    but i cant take that ? serious when i hear him. lmmfao

Quik >>> Dre
    as a producer and rapper..
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not really a fan of his verses on his songs..
    i dont care who wrote them..

maybe its cause im from LA and the streets talk..
    but i cant take that ? serious when i hear him. lmmfao

Quik >>> Dre
    as a producer and rapper..

Been saying this for years and ? always give me the crazy face.