Colin Kaepernick donates custom made suits to parolees looking for jobs

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None of his critics contributed with him to show solidarity and unity to help make things better but respect the flag though
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I just hope he dont end up dating a white girl

The IC would be heartbroken

Pretty sure he is engaged to/ dates nessa nitty
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None of his critics contributed with him to show solidarity and unity to help make things better but respect the flag though

That's because the majority of the critics don't think there is an issue or either they agree with a lot of the social injustice.

I didn't expect most to like his stance and the way he brought attention to this stance but I will say I'm a bit saddened more black athletes were silent while he was getting roasted by the media
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's because the majority of the critics don't think there is an issue or either they agree with a lot of the social injustice.

I didn't expect most to like his stance and the way he brought attention to this stance but I will say I'm a bit saddened more black athletes were silent while he was getting roasted by the media

I get the saddened feeling but its what I knew was going to happen so I just looked at it as par for the course
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's going to need one of them for himself soon.
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »
    Props to Mike and Jamelle for mentioning this,i guess every other show on ESPN to busy talking about Joe Mixon.

Kaep is out here donating suits, while Stephen A said he wouldn't have a problem with the league suspending and not paying Mixon for the whole season.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »
    Props to Mike and Jamelle for mentioning this,i guess every other show on ESPN to busy talking about Joe Mixon.

Kaep is out here donating suits, while Stephen A said he wouldn't have a problem with the league suspending and not paying Mixon for the whole season.

Did he explain why he said that?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    The Breakfast Club & Sway need to get the brother in for a interview.

Can't believe he hasn't been on either show yet

He may not want to...I mean he didn't even publicize his initial stance. It took a reporter noticing it and asking him why he was sitting.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Props to the brother Kaepernick for at least trying. But none of this matters according to some people because he didn't vote.

A few people have been on First Take , Charlamagne and Michael Eric Dyson did this last week, and told SAS how stupid he sounded saying anything Kaep does is irrelevant because he didn't vote.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude still has his self respect & drive to make things better. They can't take that from him. One of these ? ass QB's gonna get hurt soon & they'll come callin for him.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pretty dope thing to do

he gottem singin classic man on their way to their job interviews

tumblr_nrl725ev231qki2c1o1_500.gif
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This man made a decision that he knew would get him blackballed from the league. I don't think it's fair to expect other athletes to risk their future potential earnings, nor do I think Kaepernick even holds it against them.

Word let athletes do what they want to do
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe he doesn't want to
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Always nice to see people doing good things for others

There are a lot of local groups that accept gently used dress clothes to help others with dressing for interviews. Some even provide training

google Dress for Success in your area. They accept clothes , shoes, purses, jewelry , etc.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Maybe he doesn't want to

Could be the case...hence the silent protest amd lowkey philanthropy
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I just hope he dont end up dating a white girl

The IC would be heartbroken

Pretty sure he is engaged to/ dates nessa nitty

i think she's egyptian
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This man made a decision that he knew would get him blackballed from the league. I don't think it's fair to expect other athletes to risk their future potential earnings, nor do I think Kaepernick even holds it against them.

a few million an at what point do you stand up?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Always nice to see people doing good things for others

There are a lot of local groups that accept gently used dress clothes to help others with dressing for interviews. Some even provide training

google Dress for Success in your area. They accept clothes , shoes, purses, jewelry , etc.

The Chicago Dress for Success is in my office bldg... I stay donating
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options

Did he explain why he said that?

Just because of what happened, he still feels like Mixon deserves some type of punishment from the league. I used to like Molly but she became a self righteous ? during this ? , and Max is using the same tactics when they vilify black men.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic. Some of them claimed they would like to talk and fight injustice another way, but none of them setup up a time and place to contribute. Just a bunch of hypocrites and cowards hiding behind supposed "patriotism" for an inanimate object such as the flag.