• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Real Madrid actually going to retain It? Geez

Hell nah!

I need them with one eye on "history" so that a) Barca can pip them for La liga and b) add to the ether of being so close and losing the final
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Aaron Lennon: Everton winger detained under Mental Health Act

Everton winger Aaron Lennon was detained under the Mental Health Act by police over concerns for his welfare.

The 30-year-old was taken to hospital "for assessment" after police were called to Salford on Sunday.

Lennon is now "receiving care and treatment for a stress-related illness", his club has said.

The England international, who joined Everton from Tottenham in 2015, has not played for the first team since February.

Greater Manchester Police said: "Police were called at around 4.35pm to reports of a concern for the welfare of a man on Eccles Old Road.

"Officers attended and a 30-year-old man was detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act and was taken to hospital for assessment."

News of Lennon's admission has led to an outpouring of support on social media from those involved in the game, as well as fans of his current and former clubs.

Lennon's representative, Base Soccer Agency, tweeted: "Everyone at Base Soccer sends their support to @AaronLennon12 - get well soon and stay strong."

Source: BBC
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everton winger Aaron Lennon was detained under the Mental Health Act by police over concerns for his welfare.

The 30-year-old was taken to hospital "for assessment" after police were called to Salford on Sunday.

Lennon is now "receiving care and treatment for a stress-related illness", his club has said.

The England international, who joined Everton from Tottenham in 2015, has not played for the first team since February.

Greater Manchester Police said: "Police were called at around 4.35pm to reports of a concern for the welfare of a man on Eccles Old Road.

"Officers attended and a 30-year-old man was detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act and was taken to hospital for assessment."

News of Lennon's admission has led to an outpouring of support on social media from those involved in the game, as well as fans of his current and former clubs.

Lennon's representative, Base Soccer Agency, tweeted: "Everyone at Base Soccer sends their support to @AaronLennon12 - get well soon and stay strong."

It sounds like severe anxiety. Had that. It was hell.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

It sounds like severe anxiety. Had that. It was hell.

Possibly...

I remember another Everton affiliated player suffering from it (albeit at Real Madrid)
    Drenthe hit by anxiety
    Juande Ramos has revealed that winger Royston Drenthe is suffering from anxiety.

By Richard Bailey
    Last Updated: 16/02/09 1:39pm

Real Madrid manager Juande Ramos has revealed that winger Royston Drenthe is suffering from anxiety.

The Dutch ace has been left out of Madrid's last three games against Numancia, Racing Santander and Sporting Gijon at his own request.

The 21-year-old has been suffering since he was booed by his own supporters during Real's 1-0 win at home to Deportivo La Coruna and has not featured since.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11827/4928429/drenthe-hit-by-anxiety

Plus there was a study 18 months ago that footballers suffered more anxiety than the general public

Fifpro study shows players suffer more mental issues than public

Current and former professional footballers suffer more from symptoms of depression and anxiety than the general public, according to a study.

Of the 826 who completed players' union Fifpro's questionnaire, 38% of current players and 35% of ex-professionals said they suffered with problems.

Half of those questioned played or play at the highest level in their country.

Fifpro's Vincent Gouttabarge said: "This awareness might allow the early treatment of such health conditions."

Chief medical officer Gouttabarge admitted "a lot of players are struggling" and that it would be "difficult to reach players in the upcoming months".

He added: "We are putting something together, a plan in order to implement measures in order to teach them how to cope. It's not feasible in weeks or months."

Gouttabarge said that academies should ensure young players are given a "proper education to life after football".

Another of the findings is that current players who have suffered three or more severe injuries are four times more likely to report mental health problems than other players.

Former New Zealand captain Chris Jackson spoke at the presentation of the Fifpro report, and in an interview with the union said he had been suffering from mental health issues for decades.

"It was quite humbling to know so many players at the top level have experienced this huge hidden issue," said the 45-year-old.

"Most are still trying to deal with it to this day, battling through everyday life. Knowing there were others in the same boat made me realise I was not doing this all by myself."

The findings were released on the day retired footballer Clarke Carlisle told the BBC that some sports are "failing to address" the issue of mental health.

The former Burnley and QPR player, 35, tried to take his own life in December 2014 while severely depressed.

'I tried to end it all, I tried to take my life'

Leon McKenzie
    Leon McKenzie, former professional footballer turned boxer: "I lost my sister aged 23 and didn't really understand the circumstances of depression. It was only when things changed in my life that I started to become shut off.

"I didn't turn to anyone. I am lucky to be here today. When I was playing at Charlton, I tried to end it all, I tried to take my life. I went in for training the next day and didn't say a word. Even the doctors that spoke to me after I came around just let me go. Things did get even worse after that.

"The Gary Speed incident happened, which was sad and a tragedy, but what alarmed me at the time was that it took someone high profile for people to open their eyes and start listening. There is such a big percentage of sportsmen and those around the world struggling, it shouldn't take that."

Darren Eadie also played for Leicester City
    Darren Eadie, former Norwich City player: "I always had injury problems. I had 26 operations on my knee, one on my neck and one on my cheekbone, but I always came back form those injuries. To then be awoken from an operation and be told your career is finished, you can never really prepare for it. It was a huge shock.

"These things build up over years. My mum had been diagnosed with breast cancer. It had all been building up inside, I'd never really talked to anyone about it and I just broke down. There are just triggers and it can happen to anyone at any time.

"It was never about the money, it was about not being able to play the game any more."

Vincent Pericard, former Portsmouth and Stoke striker: "In my case I would probably say I suffered the whole of my professional career, from the moment I arrived at Portsmouth in 2002 until when I retired 10 years later.

"It was unfortunate because as everyone knows I had a lot of potential but I was unable to fulfil it and in my case it was too late. Things have changed but unfortunately they haven't changed drastically enough.

"A lot of good work has been done around tackling the stigma surrounding mental health. Players feel a lot more confident and the great work done by the likes of Clarke Carlisle means it's easier for players to come out and say they have an issue. However, on the other hand, it's the pressure of performing on a Saturday and when the club puts more pressure on you to win games."

Hannover 96 goalkeeper Robert Enke took his own life in 2009
    Former Inter Milan youth player Martin Bengtsson tried to commit suicide 10 months after joining the Italian club's academy because of his depression.

He said he is "very frustrated" that the issue of raising awareness around mental health in football is "on a loop".

He added: "I'm not surprised that these numbers have come up, it raises the question of what kind of responsibility football clubs should take over a player and how long that should last after their careers.

"What was interesting is the connection to injuries, I had one five or six months before my suicide attempt. I think the depression increased during this period because for me it was the first time I couldn't play football

"When you can't do it you lose your worth, your self-confidence, you value yourself only by what you can do on the football pitch.

"It's strange that teams on high levels miss a therapist out. Some of them have people working on the mental side, but it's then about visualising how to perform better. I'm talking about working with other questions that are more existential, those that will be appropriate when you leave this arena of applause and of fame."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34452139
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Juventus my last hope lol
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

Juventus our last hope lol

Fixed.

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    FIFA and Chill With Kate Abdo

https://youtu.be/nBkpZEEAfTk

Poet: "I'm an Arsenal fan"
    Kate: "How's life?"
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

How's life? Somewhat similar to other clubs above us. Think.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Arsene Wenger We want you to stay.............
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Chelsea and Real Madrid had Kylian Mbappe on trial before Monaco signed world football's brightest star

Monaco's teenage superstar Kylian Mbappe had a trial with Chelsea before joining the French club.
    The 18-year-old turned out for the Blues in a youth game against Charlton and still owns a shirt from his time in west London, with 'KYLIAN 10' on the back.
    Mbappe is understood to have been around the age of 14 during his short time with Chelsea

3FE357B500000578-4468988-This_is_the_shirt_Kylian_Mbappe_wore_during_a_youth_game_for_Che-m-45_1493803553424.jpg

Mbappe also spent time at Real Madrid before bursting onto the world stage with the Champions League semi-finalists.
    It is unclear whether Chelsea or Madrid had the opportunity to sign the Frenchman - but he is now a target for Arsenal and Manchester United.
    Article 19 of FIFA's regulations on the transfers of minors states that international moves cannot go ahead until the player is 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4468988/Chelsea-Real-Madrid-Kylian-Mbappe-trial.html#ixzz4g2ZdJTSd

Thankfully he never stayed at Chelsea, he'd be just one of their youth superstars who wouldn't get a whiff of first team football.

That's why Mbappe needs to stay with Monaco one more season, get into the French squad, have a great 2018 WC, then bounce!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Ajax is spanking Lyon right now!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @ManUfans @Liverpoolfans

Cesc Fabregras for circa £30m?

wallets open........anyone?

giphy.gif

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No way we sell Cesc. He is one of our most important players.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ManUfans @Liverpoolfans

giphy.gif

Silly money, can't believe he is still only 29, it feels like he has been playing forever.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    No way we sell Cesc. He is one of our most important players.

aren't you trying to get bakayoko, zaha and another name that's on the tip of my tongue?
    Either way, some players gotta go to make way for new and it makes sense to sell Cesc while he still holds value. The alternative is Willian but unless he pushes for a move, I reckon he'll stay at least another season
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ManUfans @Liverpoolfans

giphy.gif

I would absolutely take him.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »

One alright season in decades has you spuds fans with your chest out.

And I really don't know why spuds keep saying that when Arsene's record versus spurs is almost impeccable. Only a small number 8 losses in all competitions in the last 22 years. Took his first loss in 99 and didn't suffer a second until 08. Let's not forget when the invicibles clinched the title at skid mark lane.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    That was quality! Sick goal!
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a goal... opened up Monaco like can of beans.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Matthew Macklin hit the jackpot with her, dude needs to marry her or get her pregnant with the swiftness (if theyre still together, which i think they are)...