Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    The media especially NFL Network, ESPN didn't have ? to say about this though!!

Had plenty to say about Dalvin Cook background because of the friends they believe he hangs around and of course Joe Mixon.

Bolles famously came from a troubled background in which he was suspended or expelled from five schools as a teenager. That escalated to drugs and an arrest for vandalizing a rival’s field,
    6_5268437.jpeg

Why do u guys always pick the worst examples to support your "narrative". There are so many ways to show the Media's bias, yet u pick Garett Bolles, who is a poster child of a kid who overcame his troubled youth to reach the NFL. Dude is a 25 year old rookie who gave up years of football to focus on his religion and turn his life around.

Its a perfect example because Cook background is completely clean yet his names was dragged because of the people he is supposedly friends with.

If Bolles was black with all that he has done to turn his life around everything that he did prior would've been brought up and talked about more than his so called life turn around.

FOH with the ? you talking.

I'm with Toheeb on this one. Dude's about to be 25, and you're talking about stuff he did as a minor it looks like. An OT that was bad in high school and did nothing wrong in college vs. Top RB prospects that did ? wrong in college...why would you expect the same amount of press?

Why wouldn't I expect the same when a person's high school has been brought up before?

His was brought up. But imo you're jumping to the wrong conclusion. Bolles played a position that nobody cares about, for a school that nobody cared about, and committed crimes in hs that nobody cared about (from what I read). Since then, he's done mission trips, gotten married, and not gotten in trouble. You can see his redemption story already.

Cook played a position people care about, at a school people care about, and was a top player in the draft. He got caught up (during college) with stuff involving guns, animal abuse, and punching a woman.

So ya...why would you expect the same amount of press?

If you don't get it you don't get it
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Had plenty to say about Dalvin Cook background because of the friends they believe he hangs around and of course Joe Mixon.

Bolles famously came from a troubled background in which he was suspended or expelled from five schools as a teenager. That escalated to drugs and an arrest for vandalizing a rival’s field,
    6_5268437.jpeg

Why do u guys always pick the worst examples to support your "narrative". There are so many ways to show the Media's bias, yet u pick Garett Bolles, who is a poster child of a kid who overcame his troubled youth to reach the NFL. Dude is a 25 year old rookie who gave up years of football to focus on his religion and turn his life around.

Its a perfect example because Cook background is completely clean yet his names was dragged because of the people he is supposedly friends with.

If Bolles was black with all that he has done to turn his life around everything that he did prior would've been brought up and talked about more than his so called life turn around.

I'm with Toheeb on this one. Dude's about to be 25, and you're talking about stuff he did as a minor it looks like. An OT that was bad in high school and did nothing wrong in college vs. Top RB prospects that did ? wrong in college...why would you expect the same amount of press?

Why wouldn't I expect the same when a person's high school has been brought up before?

His was brought up. But imo you're jumping to the wrong conclusion. Bolles played a position that nobody cares about, for a school that nobody cared about, and committed crimes in hs that nobody cared about (from what I read). Since then, he's done mission trips, gotten married, and not gotten in trouble. You can see his redemption story already.

Cook played a position people care about, at a school people care about, and was a top player in the draft. He got caught up (during college) with stuff involving guns, animal abuse, and punching a woman.

I get it. But you gotta get being the boy who cried wolf about racism hurts more than it helps. Their stories aren't the same, their legal run-ins aren't the same, and their star power (which is what makes stories worth reporting) isn't the same. So why would I expect the same treatment? ESPN/NFLN probably spent a whole lot more time talking about how good Cook is, than they did talking about how good Bolles is too.
  • D. Morgan
    edited May 2017
    Options

6_5268437.jpeg

I get it. But you gotta get being the boy who cried wolf about racism hurts more than it helps. Their stories aren't the same, their legal run-ins aren't the same, and their star power (which is what makes stories worth reporting) isn't the same. So why would I expect the same treatment? ESPN/NFLN probably spent a whole lot more time talking about how good Cook is, than they did talking about how good Bolles is too.

Obviously you don't.

Not about to talk in circles when my point was crystal clear.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Post of the day @Stew

Sometimes it helps to ride around in a ? car to be able to do ? like that.

? up cause somebody gonna find out the originators of this video and they gonna have to pay for that ? .

Funniest ? I've seen in a while.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    It's probably fake but still hilarious.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    It's probably fake but still hilarious.

Figured it could be fake but I had a uncle who drove a beat up old car for his everyday back and forth. He did something similar one day.

We still laugh about that ? when its brought up.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

6_5268437.jpeg

Obviously you don't.

Not about to talk in circles when my point was crystal clear.

You have a point. I agree black players are portrayed more harshly in the media, but the people you chose to make your point are bad examples. Compare apples to apples.

If race is the only difference you see between the 2 of them, then you're right. This will end in just talking in circles.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Broncos signed Jamaal Charles.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Daaaaaaaaaamn lmao

Oh ya ? the cowboys. Got Wentz out here snatching hats off ? and ? playing GTA on ? .

Ya ? the cowboys, giants, and redskins for that matter lol
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ethos wrote: »

Daaaaaaaaaamn lmao

Oh ya ? the cowboys. Got Wentz out here snatching hats off ? and ? playing GTA on ? .

Yo go get a super bowl
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just ran into a guy, at Marta, whose working on the wiring part of the new Falcons' stadium. He said that they got the roofing problem fixed. The Benz will be ready by August.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wife's cousin bought a psl for the big ? . I tried to convince my wife to invest but she never gave a ? about stuff like that.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Lol @ big butt hole

You know the Benz about to be playa
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ big butt hole

You know the Benz about to be playa

I will be there for the ATL United game.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    ethos wrote: »

Daaaaaaaaaamn lmao

Yo go get a super bowl

We in there this year believe thaaaat!
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

6_5268437.jpeg

Wasp privilege!

I'm glad he turned his life around, but it doesn't change the fact his (negative) history would've been broadcasted continuously if he was a person of color. All that said, I hope he does well.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Marc123 NY Jets draft recap. I kno yall been waiting. Sorry i kept u lmao

1/6: Jamal Adams, S-LSU...steal at 6. Best safety prospect since eric berry. Dude is gonna be a star. Great way to start revamping the secondary.

2/39: Marcus Maye, S-FLA...back to back safeties tho. Seems like over ? . But thats jus how ? the position was last season. Hopefully playin next to Adams will make May even better. If this all works out, in 3 yrs Jets could have the best safety tandem in the league.

3/79: ArDarius Stewart, WR-BAMA and 4/141: Chad Hansen, WR-CAL...with all the WR injures n Jalin Marshalls 2 gm suspension. I like these picks. Stewart has a edge to him, will set the tone kinda like Enunwa. Hansen is a smooth route runner n has good hands. Could end up bein a solid WR.

5/150: Jordan Leggett, TE-CLEM...this pick ? me off. If we didnt trade back, we coulda drafted Jake Butt ahead of the broncos. 1st rd talent in the 4th. SMH. We over thought this one, tryna be too cute. Cant say its the medical cuz reports are, dude will be a full go by October. Plus we are in rebuild mode, jus sit him for 8 gms. Odds are Butt will be a star n Leggett will be a career backup. smh

5/181: Dylan Donahue, DL-UWG...D2 player. Should be a really good special teamer, at best a situational pass rusher.

6/188: Elijia McGuire, RB-LOU-LAF...speedy pass chatching RB. Fits the mold of our offense. Should add RB depth.

6/197: Jeremy Clark, CB-MICH and 6/204: Derrick Jones, CB-MISS...Hopefully one of these cats can turn into a decent back up.

Undrafted rookie free agent...Gabe Marks WR-WSU. Basically our 7th rd pick. Dude was a stat stuffer in college. Hopefully he can turn into a decent solt WR.

Solid draft by Mike Mcg n Bowles. Began to revamp the secondary n add weapons for the QB. Still think we needed a tackle, but eh. Now we jus gotta coach up Hackenberg. Fans wanna see what he can do, let the kid play.

@5th Letter
    @qeezus_price
    @PapaDoc223
    @MillzOG
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/03/robert-kraft-patriots-deflategate-trump/101237572/
    Patriots' Robert Kraft: 'Envy and jealousy' fueled Deflategate sanctions

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said “envy and jealousy” played a role in the NFL’s Deflategate sanctions over a violation he described as “nonsense and foolishness" at a business leader summit on Tuesday night.

Kraft touched on several topics in the wide-ranging interview that was part of Bloomberg Breakaway in New York. He certainly wasn’t any more candid than when it came to his views on the four-game suspension of quarterback Tom Brady and the lost draft pick imposed by the league over under-inflated footballs at the AFC title game in January 2015.

“Well, I don’t hold grudges, but I also don’t forget anything,” Kraft said with a smirk. “Envy and jealousy are incurable diseases. I’m going into my 24th season as an owner.
    I’m passionate about owning a football team in my hometown.

"If I hadn’t won, I would be so angry at our folks and thinking about what we’d have to do (to win a title). So, our competitors, I understand how they brought pressure on the league office to be very strong and (lobbied) not to compromise on an issue that was nonsense and foolishness.”

rrvpwhebyer5.gif
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-cancel-nfl-insiders-espn2-reduces-reruns-afternoon.html
    ESPN to cancel NFL Insiders

As for ESPN, its lineup will remain mostly intact, but with the layoffs of SportsCenter and NFL Live host Jade McCarthy, it will cancel NFL Insiders which premiered in 2013 and had run from 1:30 until 2 p.m. That means that NFL Live will expand from 60 to 90 minutes and run from 1:30 p.m. starting May 22 and according to the Worldwide Leader, it will incorporate “many of the elements from the NFL Insiders program.”:

Trey Wingo, Suzy Kolber and Wendi Nix will share hosting responsibilities, working with a core group of NFL analysts Tedy Bruschi, Ryan Clark, Herm Edwards and Louis Riddick; with appearances by Matt Hasselbeck and Steve Young; plus insiders Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter who will be on the show every day.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    So did Brandon Marshal get fired?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was on the NFL show that was on showtime
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These people and that word, "cuz". Smdh lol.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he doesn't work for ESPN....he work for the show Inside the NFL....i think its on HBO or Showtime