Is "Mask off" by Future the greatest example of a wack emcee not making the most of hot production?

Options
2»

Comments

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joey Bada$$ freestyled that Mask Off beat. ? 's tough.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    I just went and listened to the song off the strength of this thread, that ? is average AF y'all ? be listening to some

? ,and then reading the comments is even more hilarious.

Whoa Kimosabe, lol. It's not the greatest beat of all time, but it rides. All I'm saying is I think a higher caliber of emcee could have done the beat more justice. ? love bein anti. lol
  • moyo
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »

I've seen some random vids on Facebook of no name ? lacing that beat. The whole premise of the thread is ? not maximizing a hot ass beat and this is the most recent example of it.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »

So did Chanel West Coast...
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The crazy thing when he performs it crowd wanna get so lit cuz its future but the beat too smooth to get all crazy and bounce crowds be confused lol
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    One of the biggest songs of the year that's already gold and will be platinum soon is wasting a beat? Man yall ? ? me b lol
  • moyo
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    One of the biggest songs of the year that's already gold and will be platinum soon is wasting a beat? Man yall ? ? me b lol

When I say "waste", I'm not talking about the chart performance and sales of the record. I'm talking about the lack of lyrical expertise to enhance the record. The song jammin to me, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought a more skilled emcee would have went harder on the track.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He come the usual "A rapper I like would do better with this Beat" type replies.

Well it didnt go to your favorite ? boy. He dont have an ear for good beats.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yeah its obviously on of if not the hottest rap song out right now. People be singing along to the lyrics in the club. Its an adrenaline rush. This aint the type of music for people on this site. A lotta these people need to stick to Lupe and music for them. This is actual music thats in the "real world" people like me come here to escape and laugh about Lupe but songs like this is what I really listen too. But those are 2 different worlds. They managed to make this kinda funny though credit due.
  • moyo
    Options
    He come the usual "A rapper I like would do better with this Beat" type replies.

? who u talkin to??? lol
  • moyo
    Options
    Don't get me wrong the song goes in, but that ? Future ain't talkin bout ? on the song. "From food stamps to a whole other doomain. lol
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

? who u talkin to??? lol

go from your initial post and scroll down to the first reply like that.

• moyo
    Options
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this the beat w/the violin ? because i refuse to listen to that mumble mouth ?
  • moyo
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Is this the beat w/the violin ? because i refuse to listen to that mumble mouth ?

U mean the flute??? Yeah
  • moyo
    Options

Yeah its obviously on of if not the hottest rap song out right now. People be singing along to the lyrics in the club. Its an adrenaline rush. This aint the type of music for people on this site. A lotta these people need to stick to Lupe and music for them. This is actual music thats in the "real world" people like me come here to escape and laugh about Lupe but songs like this is what I really listen too. But those are 2 different worlds. They managed to make this kinda funny though credit due.

Hey I respect your opinion, but some cats in the "real world" like lyrics and and real content as well as dope beats. No harm, no foul, U like what ya like, and I do like the song myself, but everybody ain't gone love that type of music and that's ok. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Maywood
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »

U mean the flute??? Yeah

lmao.yeah the flute just listened ? was Basura..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maywood
    Options
    East .Say No More
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's actually sayin "Mask On Fck It Mask Off"
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love that beat n i wont say he ruined it cuz its catchy as hell. U dont need elite lyricism on everything

Word to
    "I said a hip hop,
    The hippie, the hippie,
    To the hip, hip hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
    To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
    To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat."

They ruined the beat or nah?
  • moyo
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Love that beat n i wont say he ruined it cuz its catchy as hell. U dont need elite lyricism on everything

Word to
    "I said a hip hop,
    The hippie, the hippie,

Naw, Sugarhill rode that ? , but at least Sugarhill was saying some fly ? .
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Word to
    "I said a hip hop,
    The hippie, the hippie,

Naw, Sugarhill rode that ? , but at least Sugarhill was saying some fly ? .

Technically future is. All he talks abt is expensive ? ? , fckin da baddest ? , being a boss and designer drugs
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low key I think an Emcee like Mystikal woulda took that beat and made it a classic song.

Mystikal ? ?

? mystikal?

Mystikal over the ? Mask off beat?

KYS