Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    Magic
    Jordan
    James
    Duncan
    Kareem
  • VanguardBLK
    Options
    Kobe is a great but he's not even the best player at his respective position.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kobe was great theatre..
    thats about it..

Kobe was a good player..
    his health benefited him.. up until it caught up to him in the end..

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room

I bet you thought you made a good point here too.

The best player at his position is Michael ? Jordan.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Lebron
    4. Magic
    5. Kobe/Duncan (either one is fine, but the Lakers fan in me give the nod to Kobe)

All due respect to Russell and Chamberlain, but if you played in an era where the league was 90% white guys who one hand dribbled with their palm on top of the ball, you can't get into my top 5.

I feel like your skill set has to be able to translate to any era to get in
  • VanguardBLK
    edited April 2017
    Options

I bet you thought you made a good point here too.

The best player at his position is Michael ? Jordan.

jkyip40kspbv.jpg

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Lebron
    4. Magic
    5. Kobe/Duncan (either one is fine, but the Lakers fan in me give the nod to Kobe)

All due respect to Russell and Chamberlain, but if you played in an era where the league was 90% white guys who one hand dribbled with their palm on top of the ball, you can't get into my top 5.

I feel like your skill set has to be able to translate to any era to get in

Valid 5 with reasoning... most in this thread coming up with names that never got close to shaking the league up as Kobe, MJ, Bron, Magic .... Theres no valid reason for him not being in the room yet most haters were too embarrassed to list their 5
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe took pride in defense and was damn good at it I'll give him that, Russ sucks at de, Kobe is the 11th greatest player ever and that's being generous, he destroyed the Lakers twice one was with that hoe ? he pulled with Shaq, two chasing Dwight out of town instead of making it work and chasing rings, plus he played too long and set the Lakers back 10 years, he got lucky that the Lakers were able to trade for Gasol when that trade should of been vetoed, a lot of players could have won rings with Bynum/Gasol/Artest/Odom, he was the second best player for his first three

3rd time I ended this thread, mods do your job
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My top 5 today:

Michael Jordan
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Magic Johnson
    Kobe Bryant
    Lebron James

King needs another ring at least before I consider a jump over Mamba
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Less effective jordan clone but he un the top 10 for me.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ being a hater for considering Kobe top 10, but not top 5. Kobe a great, but some of his fans are worse than a ? teenage white girl boy band Stan. Stop acting like Kobe's game was flawless, cause it wasn't. He carried his team on his back countless times, but there's was also plenty of times where he shot his team out of games playing Kobe ball.

1. Jordan
    2. Magic
    3. Kareem
    4. Hakeem
    5. LeBron - really top 3/4, but knocked him down a few spots for ? out against Dallas
    6. Duncan
    7. Shaq
    8/9. Bird/Kobe TIE
    10. I honestly don't know who to put. Not a cop out, but there's hella options between Malone, Stockton, Zeke, Dirk, Moses, Dr J, etc. Can't choose.

Left Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West out of the conversation for the same reason @Inglewood_B said. Not saying they don't belong, but I didn't see them play and I don't believe they would've put up anywhere near those numbers in today's NBA. If I did include em, Kobe probably wouldn't even be in my top 10. Catch more feelings.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And rings are a huge part of the discussion, but some of y'all act like they're the be all to end all when talking about all time greats. Kobe could've won 7 rings and he still wouldn't be as good as Jordan. Kareem one of the GOATs, but won most of his rings as second fiddle to Magic.

I didn't see either of them play, but I don't have to tell you Russell vs Wilt is the prime example of this. Wilt literally averaged twice as many PPG as Bill did and shot a 10% better FG. And he averaged as many REB/AST. Even in the playoffs where the stats narrowed, Wilt still out up better numbers and shot a better %. Russell had a damn "super team" around him. Wilt didn't get that til he was well past his prime in L.A.

Look at LeBron and Jordan early in their careers. They went to bad teams they made good and still lost to better teams in the playoffs despite being the best player on the floor. Not everyone can have the benefit Magic, Kobe, Duncan had and play with HOF big men as soon as they step in the league.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol @ being a hater for considering Kobe top 10, but not top 5. Kobe a great, but some of his fans are worse than a ? teenage white girl boy band Stan. Stop acting like Kobe's game was flawless, cause it wasn't. He carried his team on his back countless times, but there's was also plenty of times where he shot his team out of games playing Kobe ball.

1. Jordan
    2. Magic
    3. Kareem
    4. Hakeem
    5. LeBron - really top 3/4, but knocked him down a few spots for ? out against Dallas
    6. Duncan
    7. Shaq
    8/9. Bird/Kobe TIE
    10. I honestly don't know who to put. Not a cop out, but there's hella options between Malone, Stockton, Zeke, Dirk, Moses, Dr J, etc. Can't choose.

Left Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West out of the conversation for the same reason @Inglewood_B said. Not saying they don't belong, but I didn't see them play and I don't believe they would've put up anywhere near those numbers in today's NBA. If I did include em, Kobe probably wouldn't even be in my top 10. Catch more feelings.

So if Kobe went 7/7 in finals he'd be undisputed top 2 period... Furthermore, Nobody has ever claimed Kobe to be perfect, Where we are getting at it is you dudes claiming the guys that you claim to be over Kobe are practically perfect.. First stab at Kobe is for him being teamed up with Shaq, yet u have Hakeem in the top 5?!?! Who literally would be ringless had Jordan didn't retire the first time... Hakeem never took over the league on a best player in the league level, hell no! Top center yes, He was a damn great player top whatever all time but he's for damn sure not touching Kobe....

Love Duncan and as great as Timmy was he slowed down years b4 Kobe and never won back to back rings... Kobe was a top dog longer than Duncan... Duncan was a a helluva key role player his last years and he wasn't dominating he was still a great player tho but his numbers fell off a cliff compared to Kobe's... Popovich did a great job of preserving Tim which helped have a lengthy high level career but Kobe was a team to his self, there wasn't any system for him to fallback on 2012- the end like Duncan did....

Shaq def gets knocked below Kobe just on his career wave, after the chip year in Miami he was toast aside from a lite weight revival in PHX, Kobe had a more successful career with better longevity in my opinion... Shaq ended up being a team hopper those years count to in a ranking...

If you want to say LBJ> Kobe fine but that still gets Kobe into the room at 5 over Keem,Bird,Shaq,&Bird
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bro still in here crying about Kobe...

It's been 7 months my ?
    1eboc5udoqfi.jpg

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is Kobe better than Bird?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bro still in here crying about Kobe...

It's been 7 months my ?
    1eboc5udoqfi.jpg
    Nobody talking bout ? in this forum anyway...

I still haven't gotten the definitive answer aside from he's too close to being Jordan or he had Shaq, which makes me continue to wonder... this thread proves me right against most your guys hypocrisies since Kobe has better resumes than all but 3-4 guys
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

7woeihq0tddo.png

Man, stop.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

7woeihq0tddo.png

Man, stop.

3 league MVPs, 2 finals MVPs, more clutch, and never was the second best player on his team. Hey basically averages the same amount of points as Kobe, way more rebounds, and assists. He also actually played against great teams in the finals unlike those trash ass Nets, Sixers, and Magic teams Kobe played against.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I got Bird above Kobe.

~Shrugs~
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options

1. Jordan
    2. Magic
    3. Kareem
    4. Hakeem
    6. Duncan
    7. Shaq
    8/9. Bird/Kobe TIE

So if Kobe went 7/7 in finals he'd be undisputed top 2 period... Furthermore, Nobody has ever claimed Kobe to be perfect, Where we are getting at it is you dudes claiming the guys that you claim to be over Kobe are practically perfect.. First stab at Kobe is for him being teamed up with Shaq, yet u have Hakeem in the top 5?!?! Who literally would be ringless had Jordan didn't retire the first time... Hakeem never took over the league on a best player in the league level, hell no! Top center yes, He was a damn great player top whatever all time but he's for damn sure not touching Kobe....
    I spent my entire second post pointing out how rings shouldn't be the be all to end all when it comes to rankings lol. Hakeem never took over the league? He's got as many MVPs as Kobe who didn't even deserve it the year he won it so miss me with that ? . If Kobe's prime was in the 90s he wouldn't have been the best player either. And everybody wants to act like the Jordan coming back to the Bulls in 95 didn't happen. Oh he wore 45 so it was still Jordan the baseball player lol

And if you wanna pull Hakeem being ringless then Kobe's first 3 rings wouldn't have happened if Jordan never retired the second time and Phil never left to coach L.A.

Hakeem never played with anybody as good as Shaq. Sampson only had like 2 great years with 'Keem. He got Clyde at the tail end of his prime and won a ring with him. And Hakeem won a ring with a team full of role players the year before.

Love Duncan and as great as Timmy was he slowed down years b4 Kobe and never won back to back rings... Kobe was a top dog longer than Duncan... Duncan was a a helluva key role player his last years and he wasn't dominating he was still a great player tho but his numbers fell off a cliff compared to Kobe's... Popovich did a great job of preserving Tim which helped have a lengthy high level career but Kobe was a team to his self, there wasn't any system for him to fallback on 2012- the end like Duncan did....
    Horrible argument all around. They both got 5 rings. I don't care how many came back to back.

Lol @ Duncan being a role player his last years in the league. He stayed putting the team on his back in back to back postseasons which got the Spurs to back to back Finals. He was an offensive role player maybe his last year in the league, but stayed a defensive force and had one of the most efficient offenses in the league run thru him for almost 20 years. 80% of Kobe's impact on the game was scoring. Timmy's game was more well rounded. And Duncan won a ring with role players in 2003 when D-Rob and Manu were "role players" and Tony couldn't play defense or hit a jump shot.

Shaq def gets knocked below Kobe just on his career wave, after the chip year in Miami he was toast aside from a lite weight revival in PHX, Kobe had a more successful career with better longevity in my opinion... Shaq ended up being a team hopper those years count to in a ranking...

Shaq was an unstoppable force. Kobe wasn't. End of story.
    If you want to say LBJ> Kobe fine but that still gets Kobe into the room at 5 over Keem,Bird,Shaq,&Bird

Bird was a more well rounded player than Kobe, but Kobe could take over games as a scorer better than Bird and he got 2 more rings, so I put em even.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    when lookin at Kobe vs Bird stats they seem to go in Larry Legend's favor
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol @ the

" [Insert HOFamer] wasn't the Best player in the 90s" -Argument

Hilarious.

How many Rings, MVPs, 1st Teams, you think Kobe would have if he played the prime of his career ...

W/o Shaq ... against MJ in his prime?

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Lol @ the

Hilarious.

How many Rings, MVPs, 1st Teams, you think Kobe would have if he played the prime of his career ...

He would been clyde
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lol @ the

Hilarious.

He would been clyde

Ehh. Kobe's better than Clyde. Id say the 90s Jerry West. Great stats and individual effort in the playoffs, but no ring to show for it until the dominant team of the decade bowed out.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lol @ the

Hilarious.

He would been clyde

Ehh. Kobe's better than Clyde. Id say the 90s Jerry West. Great stats and individual effort in the playoffs, but no ring to show for it until the dominant team of the decade bowed out.

My point is if he played in Jordan era Kobe woulds been the 2nd best 2guard and viewed how cold was