would mlk jr. been better served if he would of had blacks....

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Meh the usual suspects. I wonder what some of these "pro segregation" proponents who long for the days when blacks were "in their place" so much (nonsensically so as can be seen here its all feelings interestingly enough) look behind the screens...I wonder haha. Anyway yeah gon with that no sensible argument has been made because one doesnt exist. Why limit yourself? Have fun but thats you dont worry bout over here go do your thing nobody wanna hear you whine though about the results.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    fighting for separate but equal than we want to be the same?

it seems like if we would of fought for separate but equal it would of probably served the black community better because we would still have the sense of self and whites wouldnt have to worry about us ? up all things white.

so ur basically askin if Martin was Malcolm??!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    This is a tired debate.
    Segregation can never, did never and will never work.

This ? is fantasy drummed up by ignorant mufuckas who weren't born at the time and didn't have to live in that world.

If you can't see the inherent idiocy of being pro-segregation you lost to the world.

You are a ? lie. There are communities right now that never ever have to deal with Blacks if they choose not to.

In addition to that there are schools that are 98-100% one race. There are other examples as well. You are just playing silly.

Segregating is about control. Even when our country was fully segregated whites did business with Blacks and vice versa.

Segregation works fine. What doesn't work is RACISM and WHITE SUPREMACY. Neither of which has jack ? to do with a race of people being in control of vital resources or the culture norms that are vital to their communities.

Considering whites are like 80% of the population and blacks are 13% that makes sense.

And your argument is then immediately contradicted by saying segregation is fine but white supremacy isn't without understanding one created the other.

Go sit in the corner

People naturally segregate based on language and culture. Which, is totally fine because, there's no premise of supremacy. People can then share their experiences with one another should they choose. Segregation based on racial supremacy, is unnatural. White Supremacy didn't create segregation. ? when grown folks talking.

We ain't talking about that. Stop trying to make the ? you crusading for the same as tribes having land.
    ? I ain't stupid.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    When I see these threads all I can think about is how bad people's lives must suck if they find comfort in fantasies about the good old days of segregation.

If your life ain't ? in 2017 your life probably wouldn't have been ? during jim crow either. I don't think it's fair to blame integration for your personal issues.

Nobody said that segregation were "the good old days" in here.

The way some folks talk about it it's as if once certain things were integrated everything went downhill...as if ? was speeding uphill before
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a tired debate.

This ? is fantasy drummed up by ignorant mufuckas who weren't born at the time and didn't have to live in that world.

If you can't see the inherent idiocy of being pro-segregation you lost to the world.

You are a ? lie. There are communities right now that never ever have to deal with Blacks if they choose not to.

In addition to that there are schools that are 98-100% one race. There are other examples as well. You are just playing silly.

Segregating is about control. Even when our country was fully segregated whites did business with Blacks and vice versa.

Segregation works fine. What doesn't work is RACISM and WHITE SUPREMACY. Neither of which has jack ? to do with a race of people being in control of vital resources or the culture norms that are vital to their communities.

Considering whites are like 80% of the population and blacks are 13% that makes sense.

And your argument is then immediately contradicted by saying segregation is fine but white supremacy isn't without understanding one created the other.

Go sit in the corner

People naturally segregate based on language and culture. Which, is totally fine because, there's no premise of supremacy. People can then share their experiences with one another should they choose. Segregation based on racial supremacy, is unnatural. White Supremacy didn't create segregation. ? when grown folks talking.

We ain't talking about that. Stop trying to make the ? you crusading for the same as tribes having land.
    ? I ain't stupid.

I have stated exactly what I am talking about. Culture and language is surely a part of that package. But I know what your ? ass is talking about. ? white chicks, skate boarding and wearing skinny jeans. FOH. Which, your lil scared ass could still do if blacks were in control of their neighborhoods economics, politics, education and infrastructure. Same as Whites, Asians, and Jews are.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    When I see these threads all I can think about is how bad people's lives must suck if they find comfort in fantasies about the good old days of segregation.

If your life ain't ? in 2017 your life probably wouldn't have been ? during jim crow either. I don't think it's fair to blame integration for your personal issues.

Nobody said that segregation were "the good old days" in here.

The way some folks talk about it it's as if once certain things were integrated everything went downhill...as if ? was speeding uphill before

There's certainly a case on both sides. But I don't think anyone has said, things are just totally ? up because of integration. I think we can clearly see that whites made out much better off. Particularly in the business sector.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for MLK, while I am not 100% for his methods. I am 100% for his sacrifice and courage to at least TRY and do something for his race that was truly suffering.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is it we have now with integration that we would lose with segregation?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a tired debate.

Go sit in the corner

? I ain't stupid.

I have stated exactly what I am talking about. Culture and language is surely a part of that package. But I know what your ? ass is talking about. ? white chicks, skate boarding and wearing skinny jeans. FOH. Which, your lil scared ass could still do if blacks were in control of their neighborhoods economics, politics, education and infrastructure. Same as Whites, Asians, and Jews are.

what the ? you're going on about?

There aren't enough Asians to control a damn thing in US. They're outnumbed heavily EVERYWHERE even a place that has "a lot" only has like a 2% Asian population and even among that 2% its split up between different nationalities.

There's cities in the USA RIGHT NOW that are like 80-90% black like Baltimore and Detroit (where I live) and they are poor as ? .

Huddling ? like cattle into one place don't mean ? . Stop trying to act like it does.

Stop using fallacious reasoning and false equivalency. This whole argument is stupid as ? .

Take your ? to Ghana or something then and shut the ? up
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    What is it we have now with integration that we would lose with segregation?

It depends on who "we" are.
    For Black people lets take it back before civil rights legislation to legalized segregation When "separate but "equal'" was the policy and name a few things that stick out
    Lackof school choice-i.e. forced into subpar schools with subpar resources.
    Lack of choice where to live-no way to spin this as better than having choice
    Police may not come when needed
    Fire and medical also
    denied access to jobs legally based on color-ya know...denied the right to make...money...what about any of this is hard to get?
    Denied access to business opportunities
    Cant go in certain places-nobody wants to be treated like that smh.
    I could go on and on but...its a moot point at this point. This discussion is useless and had its time decades ago. All the "segregationists" go do it you dont need the government. But youll find it impossible to live your bizarre fantasy if you live in modern America. And dont expect people to follow you...wherever you are going
    A lot of this depends on which "side" you identify on.
  • kzzl
    Options
    All the examples you give are problems we're facing now with integration. We have black professionals in every facet of life, so whatever doors close we can reopen ourselves. Also, I doubt segregation in 2017 would be the same as it was in earlier days. What advancements we have made in society could make a huge difference.

Ivee spent my whole life in segregation, an unspoken segregation. People interact with each other for business, school, and etc. If they have too, but at the end of the day we all got our sides of town.

It's not as far fetched as some make it out to be and integration is proving too ridiculous to simply dismiss the idea.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Nah.

If we accepted the legal separation of races in this country we would basically be giving up on the idea of a coexistence and just creating the potential for even more Balkanization in the future.

The only way to fight racism is through familiarity. 90% of white racists ive met just have never spent any significant with minorities...no black friends, no black lovers, no black relatives, no black pastors, etc.

When you don't spent anytime with other races and see them as people it's easy to write them off as "the other" and think you got nothing in common with them.

This post is a very poor excuse.

Racist don't want to get familiar, that's the thing you're missing. Not only that, but a racist can ? , help, have kids with, work with, be very familiar, and still maintain their racist ideology.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah.

If we accepted the legal separation of races in this country we would basically be giving up on the idea of a coexistence and just creating the potential for even more Balkanization in the future.

The only way to fight racism is through familiarity. 90% of white racists ive met just have never spent any significant with minorities...no black friends, no black lovers, no black relatives, no black pastors, etc.

When you don't spent anytime with other races and see them as people it's easy to write them off as "the other" and think you got nothing in common with them.

Basura!

• Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah.

Racist don't want to get familiar, that's the thing you're missing. Not only that, but a racist can ? , help, have kids with, work with, be very familiar, and still maintain their racist ideology.

NOPE.

It's not an excuse. It's not even my opinion. It's human psychology, demonstrated by science.

It's called the Contact Hypothesis, developed by Gordon Allport in 1954 which showed two key findings:

1. Prejudice and its institutionalized outcome, racism, is at its key formed by beliefs in false narratives and false stereotypes foistered upon a marginalized group ("all blacks are criminals", "all Jews are cheap", "all Koreans are stingy")

2. These beliefs only survive as long as racists do not encounter unique individuals of said marginalized groups with characteristics that would challenge their belief.

3. A very effective way to accomplish that is to have members of the group have increased contact with each other so that the uniqueness of individuals can be seen. This erodes the stereotypes and makes it harder and harder to believe them.

Here's the original study and a nice overview of the relevant subsequent research:

http://www.in-mind.org/article/intergroup-contact-theory-past-present-and-future

The theory has been shown to be valid dozens of times across dozens of studies done in the last five decades.

Further studies elaborated on it further, like in the 2003 study by Stephen Wright and Donald Taylor who noted the effectiveness of identification with a super-ordinate group.

In other words, different groups can come together as part of one overarching group, for example as part of one community or of a common humanity. This also requires contact, not segregation.

SOURCE: http://sk.sagepub.com/reference/hdbk_socpsych/n16.xml

So yeah...you can have opinions flying around this ? all you want....but if you want to actually tackle the real issue of reducing and eventually ending racism and prejudice in these United States it's not a big mystery.

Follow the science.

But then again, ? in these boards believe the Earth is flat and ? so what the ? do I know right?
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ineedpussy we had that at one point. The seperation and a since of self but it didnt last long. It is called black wallstreet. All out terrorism. They literally flew airplanes and dropped bombs over tulsa,Oklahoma. We are their scapegoats. They love to have us as a stepping stone on their social ladder.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Nah.

NOPE.

It's not an excuse. It's not even my opinion. It's human psychology, demonstrated by science.

It's called the Contact Hypothesis, developed by Gordon Allport in 1954 which showed two key findings:

1. Prejudice and its institutionalized outcome, racism, is at its key formed by beliefs in false narratives and false stereotypes foistered upon a marginalized group ("all blacks are criminals", "all Jews are cheap", "all Koreans are stingy")

2. These beliefs only survive as long as racists do not encounter unique individuals of said marginalized groups with characteristics that would challenge their belief.

3. A very effective way to accomplish that is to have members of the group have increased contact with each other so that the uniqueness of individuals can be seen. This erodes the stereotypes and makes it harder and harder to believe them.

Here's the original study and a nice overview of the relevant subsequent research:

http://www.in-mind.org/article/intergroup-contact-theory-past-present-and-future

The theory has been shown to be valid dozens of times across dozens of studies done in the last five decades.

Further studies elaborated on it further, like in the 2003 study by Stephen Wright and Donald Taylor who noted the effectiveness of identification with a super-ordinate group.

In other words, different groups can come together as part of one overarching group, for example as part of one community or of a common humanity. This also requires contact, not segregation.

So yeah...you can have opinions flying around this ? all you want....but if you want to actually tackle the real issue of reducing and eventually ending racism and prejudice in these United States it's not a big mystery.

Follow the science.

But then again, ? in these boards believe the Earth is flat and ? so what the ? do I know right?

Cant just dismiss my ? like its a flat earth theory, though. I'd be lying to you if I even agreed. Problem with that science is I've got 11 years of personal first hand experience dealing with the examples I mentioned. Go to any construction or plant site round me, it's there. That familiarity excuse ain't good enough no matter who says it.
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As soon as we get momentum with anything that will benefit us, they gon come flocking to it and ? it up they're vultures by nature.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way that would be possible is to live in a black country. It is impossible to do here. If you still have to do business with whites, buy white owned products and have white politicians then it is not "real" segregation.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Nah.

NOPE.

Follow the science.

Whites for 500+ years have interacted with unique individuals that don't fit the racial profiles (stereotypes) that they created and they are no less racists than they were 500 years ago. In fact the unique individuals they have interacted with either ended up being worked to death, exploited or outright murdered.

The way to end racism is to not be racists. FOH here with that pseudo science. Compassion, respect and humanity are all that is needed. We don't have to break bread with other races to not be racists against them.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    The only way that would be possible is to live in a black country. It is impossible to do here. If you still have to do business with whites, buy white owned products and have white politicians then it is not "real" segregation.

The goal wouldn't be "real segregation". The goal is segregation that gives a group of people control over their vital interests. Not living in a gated community afraid to face the world or to interact with others. As I have said, prior whites do this all across the country. Predominately white\all white communities control their communities.

Why is it that even in Predominately Black communities Whites or others have a larger stake in those communities? Their isn't one white community that has a predominately Black police force but Black communities all across the country are policed by predominately white police forces. Same with Schools and other vital parts of our community. This is extremely disturbing to me. Asians wield similar power in their respective neighborhoods. Thus why the Asian cop was able to get off. The Asian community reminded them crackers of their political and economic power within the city. They had no choice but to fall back and that was accomplished by Asians segregating themselves.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The goal wouldn't be "real segregation". The goal is segregation that gives a group of people control over their vital interests. Not living in a gated community afraid to face the world or to interact with others. As I have said, prior whites do this all across the country. Predominately white\all white communities control their communities.

Why is it that even in Predominately Black communities Whites or others have a larger stake in those communities? Their isn't one white community that has a predominately Black police force but Black communities all across the country are policed by predominately white police forces. Same with Schools and other vital parts of our community. This is extremely disturbing to me. Asians wield similar power in their respective neighborhoods. Thus why the Asian cop was able to get off. The Asian community reminded them crackers of their political and economic power within the city. They had no choice but to fall back and that was accomplished by Asians segregating themselves.

@Kwan Dai you've made some very good posts in this thread!!!
  • Sandinista
    Options
    Nah.

NOPE.

Follow the science.

Whites for 500+ years have interacted with unique individuals that don't fit the racial profiles (stereotypes) that they created and they are no less racists than they were 500 years ago. In fact the unique individuals they have interacted with either ended up being worked to death, exploited or outright murdered.

The way to end racism is to not be racists. FOH here with that pseudo science. Compassion, respect and humanity are all that is needed. We don't have to break bread with other races to not be racists against them.

"Pseudo science" = science that reaches conclusions I don't agree with.

If it's "fake science" then by all means throw up the links for all the studies showing the opposite. I'm genuinely curious why you seem to know more about human psychology than actual, you know, ? psychologists who spent their whole lives studying the ? .

And LOL at "White are just as racist as they were 500 years ago". That's some first world privilege right there. ? in Brazil get shot by the police daily and no one gives a ? . Here in the US white people march for you and ? .

Go ask your grand pops whether or not white people cared about black people getting shot in 1937. Ask him how AWESOME life was for a black man back then. Tell him "gee grandpa...the end of segregation and Jim Crow was such a bad idea right? Don't you wish we could just go back in time to the Good ol' Days Back when whites and blacks and Latinos just stayed in their own lane?"
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Nah.

NOPE.

Follow the science.

"Pseudo science" = science that reaches conclusions I don't agree with.

If it's "fake science" then by all means throw up the links for all the studies showing the opposite. I'm genuinely curious why you seem to know more about human psychology than actual, you know, ? psychologists who spent their whole lives studying the ? .

And LOL at "White are just as racist as they were 500 years ago". That's some first world privilege right there. ? in Brazil get shot by the police daily and no one gives a ? . Here in the US white people march for you and ? .

Go ask your grand pops whether or not white people cared about black people getting shot in 1937. Ask him how AWESOME life was for a black man back then. Tell him "gee grandpa...the end of segregation and Jim Crow was such a bad idea right? Don't you wish we could just go back in time to the Good ol' Days Back when whites and blacks and Latinos just stayed in their own lane?"

I am genuinely curious as to why you would belittle yourself to the point that you'd accept someone elses opinion on a subject where experience, history and records are available to draw your own conclusions.

I'm glad ? funny to you. We have the largest prison population in the world with Blacks\browns being the overwhelming majority. Black unemployment rates are just about the same as they were 60-70 years ago. Schools are segregated yet most have white teachers that teach a white curriculum. The white median income and wealth as compared to Blacks is same as it was 60-70 years ago and growing. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I speak to my elders quite often and that's what makes me different from most of you clowns. I recently went to the civil rights museum with my G-Mom and G-Aunt. My elders acknowledge that physical beats and violence has somewhat subsided but the same mechanisms that have hampered Blacks are still at play some are completely the same some have morphed into other forms.

What I wish is that Blacks still had places like Auburn Ave. Black Wall Stree, Harlem, Rosewood etc. Places where we controlled our own destiny. Places where if other races wanted to experience Black culture they could. Places where we could sit at a table and do business, with whites, Asians, Latinos etc on our terms.

So, while you and others keep dwindling this ? down to ? white chicks, stage diving at a U2 concert, saying ? with your white buds while hitting a ? to an eminem tune. I will continue see that our potential could possible be realized if, we had more control over the vital interest of our communities. Which doesn't happen if, Blacks aren't willing to segregate themselves within their own communities. Same way every other race in this country does.

• Sandinista
    Options
    I am genuinely curious as to why you would belittle yourself to the point that you'd accept someone elses opinion on a subject
    where experience, history and records are available to draw your own conclusions.

I’m not accepting anyone’s “opinion”. These are scientific studies exploring why racists do the ? they do, how racism and prejudice develop and what are some of the steps and policy decisions that can be used to decrease racism and prejudice across groups. Without science we’re just idiots yelling our opinions and personal histories at each other.

I’m not interested in who ? over who 400 years ago. ? is done. I want to know how we can move forward and create a better society.

Our ancestors were brutalized, ? and sold like cattle in theprocess of building this country. There ain’t nothing that can be done to minimize or change that. The only thing within our hands is to build a better future. How do we do that? Not with personal anecdotes and opinions but with science. What works? What doesn’t work? Simple
    as that.

While I value people’s experience it’s simply not enough for policy. That’s how you get Trump.
    I'm glad ? funny to you.

Generational systemic racism and ethnic strife are not funny to me. The IC’s stereotypical reaction to it (“white people are natural ? and cave monsters who are genetically predisposed to ? us innocent people of color”) is very funny to me because it’s so absurd.
    We have the largest prison population in the world with Blacks\browns being the overwhelming majority.

Whites are 39% of the prison population of the United States so let’s get some clarity in this discussion. And while it is true that Hispanics and Blacks are incarcerated at rates double and quintuple that of whites it’s still not something that will be changed by de factor or de jure segregation. If anything it will make it easier yet
    to target us as groups.
    Black unemployment rates are just about the same as they were 60-70 years ago.

Nope.

Current black unemployment (April 2017) sits at 7.9%. In the last 30 years that’s literally the lowest it’s been with the exception of late 2000 when it was 7.3%. By comparison, black unemployment rate in 1983 was 20.1%.

SOURCE: http://www.macrotrends.net/2524/black-unemployment-rate-history-chart

Black unemployment between 1955 and 1965 for example ranged from 10% to 13%. Black unemployment in the 1930s was easily 50-75%.

SOURCE: https://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshall/usccr/documents/e1858e471986.pdf

(see Table 1.2 for Male Civilian Unemployment Rate)

Anyone who says black unemployment was better during the days of segregation is not looking at actual data and are spouting opinion.
    Schools are segregated yet most have white teachers that teach a white curriculum.

I’m not denying that but again, you are ignoring the historical progress black and browns have made in the last 7 decades. If you go back to 1947, at the peak of Jim Crow, are you seriously going to tell me that black and Hispanic history and culture were more appreciated or even known outside our circles? FOH.

Our history and culture is more celebrated today in America than it has ever been. Confederate
    statues are coming down in cities in the South where the ? once marched openly WITHOUT masks.

If you don’t see that as progress then you are purposefully trying to be negative.
    The white median income and wealth as compared to Blacks is same as it was 60-70 years ago and growing. This is just the tip of
    the iceberg.

The black median income has increased enormously since 60-70 years ago. In 1967, 2.2% of Blacks made between $100 k and $200k. In 2014, that number was 11%, a fivefold growth.

The proportion of the middle class (between $35k and 100K) has also grown (34% to 38%) and the
    percentage in absolute poverty (<15k) has also dropped from 29% to 22%

Average black income in 1968 for blacks was $25,996 (in 2012 dollars). It was $33,718 in 2012. In 1969, 36% of the black population had an
    income of $35K or more. By 2000, it was 56%.

Now is this income the same as white income? Of course not. But that’s just ridiculous to expect it to be the same. Whites have a 200-300 year head start in building wealth. But to say black incomes are not growing and segregation will help is jokes.

Another interesting facet of looking at these numbers we also get a glimpse of one of the reasons why black incomes lag behind:
    fatherlessness.

Median income for black married couple families in 2012 was $40,946. Median income for female householder families was $25,594.

SOURCE: http://blackdemographics.com/households/african-american-income/

The rate of single motherhood in the black community for the period of 2011-2015 was a ruinous 77%. Hispanics at 63%. Whites? 33%.

SOURCE: http://www.actrochester.org/children-youth/family-support/single-parent-families/single-parent-families-by-race-ethnicity

But of course it’s the white man’s fault that we as brown and black men are allowing our women to raise children alone.
    I recently went to the civil rights museum with my G-Mom and G-Aunt. My elders acknowledge that physical beats and violence has
    somewhat subsided but the same mechanisms that have hampered Blacks are still at play some are completely the same some have morphed into
    other forms.

Not gonna deny that…but then again I never denied it. My argument is that progress has been made and continues to be made despite all
    obstacles thrown against our communities. That seems to be obscure knowledge here at the IC.
    What I wish is that Blacks still had places like Auburn Ave. Black Wall Stree, Harlem, Rosewood etc. Places where we controlled our
    own destiny. Places where if other races wanted to experience Black culture they could. Places where we could sit at a table and do business, with whites, Asians, Latinos etc on our terms.

Well…I have no problems with that and I will even cosign you on that. But that seems miles and miles from segregation before the law like we
    had in the 1950s.

And no this is not about getting my ? wet in some white cooze or saying ? with my white homeboys. It’s about changing our mindset
    as a culture. I’m from Brazil and I grew hearing, endlessly, how our inequality, endemic corruption and violent society was the direct result of American political interventions. I grew up surrounded by a pervasive victim mentality that infantilized us as a people while blaming Americans and Europeans for literally every single ill that befell Brazil.

I grew up, moved away, got some perspective and educated myself and found that much of it was ? . Yes, the effects of colonialism
    and slavery and second class citizenship don’t vanish the minute Civil Rights Legislation is signed but the degree at which our own communities sabotage their own self interests and engage in continuous self destruction is never talked about. This analysis is always “coonery” here.

And until we take that ? seriously all we’re gonna be is a moaning, whining underclass.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @Sandinista

I can only shake my head at foreigners that come here with your mentality which supports White Supremacists rhetoric of a "moaning, whining underclass" aka Blacks not knowing their place. I know very little about Brazil's racial and socio-political landscape. But I know a hell of alot about mine being a 5 generation Black American.

What's even more amazing is, my entire posts have been all about BLACKS CONTINUING to take matters into our owns hands by controlling our economics, education, politics and overall right to exist as our culture sees fit. All the while you are against it.

I hope you realize that US whining Blacks are the reason ALL minorities can come this country to live relatively safe lives, take advantage of affirmative action initiatives, and vote. Folks like you make my stomach turn. You don't know American history but will spout of some numbers ( all which can be refuted) as if that tells any part of the story.
  • Sandinista
    Options
    @Sandinista

I can only shake my head at foreigners that come here with your mentality which supports White Supremacists rhetoric of a "moaning, whining underclass" aka Blacks not knowing their place. I know very little about Brazil's racial and socio-political landscape. But I know a hell of alot about mine being a 5 generation Black American.

What's even more amazing is, my entire posts have been all about BLACKS CONTINUING to take matters into our owns hands by controlling our economics, education, politics and overall right to exist as our culture sees fit. All the while you are against it.

I hope you realize that US whining Blacks are the reason ALL minorities can come this country to live relatively safe lives, take advantage of affirmative action initiatives, and vote. Folks like you make my stomach turn. You don't know American history but will spout of some numbers ( all which can be refuted) as if that tells any part of the story.

I think it's fascinating where you somehow got from my posts that I support "white supremacy". I think it's equally fascinating that me disagreeing with ? returning to segregation is a "white supremacist" talking point.

What kind of topsy-turvy, illogical ass world do you live in where you spout off literally the same ? philosophy actual white supremacists and Nazis spew on Stormfront (separation between races will benefit all) YET I'm the one who is a supporter of "white supremacy". LOL. Imagine me rolling my eyes are your dumbassery.

I also love the Nativist and quasi-racist point you raise up that my foreign origins somehow make me unable to analyze American realities but your "5 generation" racial memory is a better yardstick. Get all the ? out of here. I've lived in the US practically my whole ? life, been called "? " by whites and "? " by blacks and have near gotten my ass whooped by both races because of the ignorant, backwards, regressive, uneducated prejudice present in both races.

And btw, it wasn't the WHINING blacks that made it possible for me to thrive in this country. It was the FIGHTING blacks. The RATIONAL blacks. I didn't see MLK marching for ? MORE Jim Crow. Sorry it didn't work out that way for you. And I would call your downplaying of Latino struggles for Civil Rights in this country as offensive but frankly I don't even think you know enough to be offensive.

Latinos founded the first farm worker union in this country in 1903 which fought for the economic and social rights of ALL farmers. Considering 40% of African Americans were sharecroppers in 1903 that should give you sum perspective of who was fighting for who also. Latinos helped found the IWW in 1905 AND pushed for blacks to be accepted as full members. Groups like LULAC and the Orden Hijos de America were fighting for civil rights in the 1920s, 30 years before Rosa Parks.

Your opinion is wrong, your analysis is simplistic, your prejudices are childish, the science and stats backing your assertions are non-existent and your prejudice and bias against foreigners is just as stomach churning to me.

Peace.