The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/election-map-showing-trumps-win-reportedly-being-hung-in-the-white-house/
    Election Map Showing Trump’s Win Reportedly Being Hung in the White House

A poster-sized election map showing off President Donald Trump’s 2016 win by county is being hung in the White House, according to a Tweet by OANN reporter Trey Yingst.

If true, the news adds further credence to the image of a president still insecure about his tight 2016 election win. Though Trump’s opponent Hillary Clinton bested him in the popular vote by close to three million votes, Trump won the presidency by netting 74 more electoral college votes.

In an April interview with Reuters, Trump distributed copies of a similar electoral college map showing his win to reporters during a conversation about China.

As has been pointed out on Twitter, the very-red map does not paint the most accurate picture of the election results:

Smh @ this egomaniacal orange man baby...
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQfLU7WftU

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-friends-james-comey-a-big-story-if-you-watch-the-mainstream-media/
    Fox & Friends: James Comey a Big Story ‘If You Watch The Mainstream Media’

Anyone who turned on a television or read a website yesterday knows that it was wall to wall James Comey (You can read all of Mediate’s fabulous coverage here)

On Thursday, the gang over at Fox & Friends tried to break it all down, saying that there were so many conflicting reports over where the smoke was coming from — or if there even was smoke.

Brian Kilmeade took exception to Newt Gingrich, who appeared on the show Wednesday to plug the idea that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had instigated the Comey firing. That proved to not only be false — but nearly pushed Rosenstein to resign.

Co-host Steve Doocy cast aspersion on what he suggested was a bit of media hysteria.

“We do know that if you watch the mainstream media, obviously James Comey a big story,” said Doocy. “Last night of the big three networks, you’re not going to believe the amount of coverage no just on Comey but simply on the Russia collusion thing”

Now I don’t know where James Comey wasn’t a big story yesterday — but I do know that any outlet or website where it wasn’t should probably fire their news director.

…And someone should tell Steve Doocy that as the highest rated morning show, Fox & Friends has more mainstream viewers than any other network.

c3lt9mhb42no.gif

Jim-Halpert-Looks-at-Computer-Shakes-Head.gif
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    this ? gonna have to fire McCabe too lmao

C_juFhFUAAEyBtQ.jpg:large

This can't be good for Trump, lol. I'm paraphrasing, but dude said of the 36,500 employees of the FBI, the VAST MAJORITY of them had a deep connection and respect for Comey. Said working with Comey was the highest professional honor of his life.

They going to do all they can to bring his ass down now.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Trump and his ppl lie, lie and lie. but problem is they don't gaf. They have no standards. Trump and his ppl don't care if ppl like the new acting FBI director can easily contradict his lies. He'll jus call it fake news. Only thing that matters is impeachment and/or federal charges...
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I thought Trump would lose the election and conservative radio and news would die after propping up Trump. Then he won and they were reinvigorated and I was disappointed.

But I think what's happening now is even better because once he goes down they will be tied to this failure forever and be even more marginalized.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too much ? going on.. gotta be impeachment or resignation soon

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All that impeachment talk just sounds like wishful thinking to me.
    The whole fbi could be against him.
    What matters is that ? trump dgaf, he still got his party backing him, and theres still a large dumb portion of America willing to ride with him till the wheels fall off.

Thats the ? i b looking at
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    What matters is that ? trump dgaf, he still got his party backing him, and theres still a large dumb portion of America willing to ride with him till the wheels fall off.

I agree.

Let's speak hypothetically

Do you think segments of white people would riot and be on some the same ? as those people who came to help Cliven Bundy if Trump did get impeached?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I be surprised if he gets impeached.
  • gns
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    gns wrote: »

I agree.

Let's speak hypothetically

Do you think segments of white people would riot and be on some the same ? as those people who came to help Cliven Bundy if Trump did get impeached?

Idk a lot of his base will vote but unless its a safe place like trumps or the kkks rally's or an online comment section
    They dont be showing their faces word to the inauguration
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    trump really said " i was goin to fire showboat comey anyways" lmao
    another press conference with sarah damn spicer really in the birdman bushes
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I be surprised if he gets impeached.

so do I. All this Russia ? is jus rumors and assumptions.

You need hard evidence of a crime to impeach.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP_17059818558985-1-654x362-1dcb893@2x.jpg

Uncle Fester from the addams family in a wig
    10442-210.gif?w=240

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trump really said " i was goin to fire showboat comey anyways" lmao
    another press conference with sarah damn spicer really in the birdman bushes

Didn't they say he was at his reserves duty
  • matches malone
    edited May 2017
    Options
    sometimes I think it would just be easier to make Trump's life a living hell while in office, so that he just resigns. That's why these embarassments, bills getting turned down, muslim bans rejected, online mocking, marches, the leaks, the ? polls, are all so important. it wouldnt phase any other president EXCEPT Trump. Eventually he will go insane and resign. That's more likely than GOP growing nuts and starting an impeachment. I guess its possible if democrats win the senate in 2018, but does anyone want to risk it coming down to that?

Like its been said here, you need HARD HARD evidence of a crime to impeach. That ? aint easy in todays world, not like it was in Watergate where everything was on cassette and hard media. And even watergate took years.

Making Trump self-deport himself is probably the best, most logical, and proactive way. Make him miserable. And I actually think it might be working. That bastard mitt romney was actually on to something.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    There are obviously some ridiculously uninformed people in this country. Why would anybody even be thinking impeachment at this point. He just won the election. And his party has majorities in the other 2 branches. The chance of his party impeaching him are...it aint happening. It would take something so beyond anything that is out now, and even then...what a waste to even be thinking about that. Forget that. The way to get someone out of office is to vote against them. There is or at least was a grotesque disconnect from people's attitude and the very simple way things actually work in this country. Now different political balances (different people being elected) can occur later and change things but foe now, nobody wanna hear fantasies. I just think people would be well served to learn how things work on a basic level.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes I think it would just be easier to make Trump's life a living hell while in office, so that he just resigns. That's why these embarassments, bills getting turned down, muslim bans rejected, online mocking, marches, the leaks, the ? polls, are all so important. it wouldnt phase any other president EXCEPT Trump. Eventually he will go insane and resign. That's more likely than GOP growing nuts and starting an impeachment. I guess its possible if democrats win the senate in 2018, but does anyone want to risk it coming down to that?

Like its been said here, you need HARD HARD evidence of a crime to impeach. That ? aint easy in todays world, not like it was in Watergate where everything was on cassette and hard media. And even watergate took years.

Making Trump self-deport himself is probably the best, most logical, and proactive way. Make him miserable. And I actually think it might be working. That bastard mitt romney was actually on to something.

its gotta be out there someone knows where to find it and all these distractions trump doin just buying him time to clean the ties up i mean all 3 people who investigated got fired
  • gns
    Options
    ? wrote: »
    ? huh?
    What happens when bitchmade mods get their feelings hurt
    Well I'm sorry miss but I tell on white people
    Learnt that from u hoes
    giphy.gif

@sion @thatdamnjay_ahh @atribecalledgabi. @grouchygreg and whomever else it may concern in admin
    I'd like to report I'm being sexually harassed by one @MsSouthern

Changing my name to her constant lifestyle amounts to childishness and i would hope this does not represent how allhiphop.com treats it's loyal members.
    I've seen other members names changed namely @aggyaf to the derogatory 'faggyaf' which only lead to a loss of an active member and ultimately ad dollars.

If this persists i can only take away that allhiphop.com is a site that promotes harassment and homophobia and will be advising my thousands of Facebook friends, colleagues, and business partners how this site operates.

I request my name be changed back to one 'gns' and for the long history of bullying and editing posts by your admin approved moderators to stop.
    Good Day

• matches malone
    Options
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

its gotta be out there someone knows where to find it and all these distractions trump doin just buying him time to clean the ties up i mean all 3 people who investigated got fired

Trump getting ready for the finesse. Theres bound to be people holding vital information looking to make a deal for the right price.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? wrote: »

Trump isn't going nowhere I don't believe even though I hope I'm wrong.

The GOP will gladly use him as their useful idiot to simply push legislation through.

I really hope Democrats show up for the 2018 midterms. All these protests I hope they don't forget to go protest in the voting booth next year. We'll see.

The Feds already have some damning evidence on him, I guarantee it. They'll find more too, I do expect the Trump administration to try to appoint some stooge as FBI Director who reports to them and tries to clap down any investigations on him and his administration.