Fake it til you make it

Options
KamPushMe
KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
How do y'all feel about that phrase? Would you you do it or just stay real?

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well for starters it's "Fake it TIL' (as in until) you make it."

But to answer the question, it depends on where you applied it.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Facts. Close thread.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Depends on what it is. You see it aaaalll the time in music/entertainment. You see cats with no prior album or singles come out with diamond chains, the most expensive fashion items and Mercedes Benz cars while in the hood trying to portray something they ain't and people buy into it SMMFH. Not realising them ? is rented. The irony of it is when they get found out people act surprised and get upset.

In some things I think it works, in others it's​ unnecessary. I always took the phrase as a mind set where even if you don't have it yet, acting like you're already in it allows your perspective to believe it's possible and already yours.

Till this day I still don't see the hype with these expensive fashion items like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. A lot of their ? is trash.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Keeping it real can be the reason you get eaten alive first out here.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What it comes down to is mental alchemy. There's no faking at all. If you feed your mind a certain narrative and put in the work, you bring it into existence.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if the strategy/plan changes, it still leads to greatness as long as you feed yourself greatness. You might say, I'm the greatest boxer in the world, but you get knocked out in sparring. You can still take that narrative and great/positive energy and keep applying it to your life and find your greatness elsewhere.
    Peace.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe you can make it, till you make it.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta have faith to see what ain't there yet and speak it into ur life. Its a problem when u just faking it with no end goal.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it comes to material ? , that's hustling backwards. I got a homie like that. ? spend so much time and energy faking it...not realizing that if he put those valuable resources towards ACTUALLY making it...he'd already have put himself in a position where he didn't have to fake it.

You can only try to put ya people up on game so many times before they start to resent you, though. So I just let him live at this point.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe it is true and a good example of energy manipulation. The universe is a reflection of us and reflects back what we project. However if your lenses is blurry or even indistinguishable these things are not apparent to you, most often wreaking havoc in your life because you don't understand wtf is going on. The more you polish your lenses the more imperative it is to you to further make it clear. If your lenses are not clear manifestations tend to come back warped and not quite what you were expecting. Your lenses being your heart, mind and 'soul'.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Depends on what it is. You see it aaaalll the time in music/entertainment. You see cats with no prior album or singles come out with diamond chains, the most expensive fashion items and Mercedes Benz cars while in the hood trying to portray something they ain't and people buy into it SMMFH. Not realising them ? is rented. The irony of it is when they get found out people act surprised and get upset.

In some things I think it works, in others it's​ unnecessary. I always took the phrase as a mind set where even if you don't have it yet, acting like you're already in it allows your perspective to believe it's possible and already yours.

Till this day I still don't see the hype with these expensive fashion items like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. A lot of their ? is trash.

Theyre symbols of wealth more than anything, the clothes themselves look average as ? but when ? is covered head to toe in gucci and ? its pretty much sayin "look at me i got alotta money"
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    ? that. Can't be me at least. Don't have the mindset for it. WORK until you make it. You'll get there. People just have no patience.

I just don't believe you can be fake up to an "until" date/time/event. If you are, you are...ain't no turnin that ? off. And if you can, then what the ? is wrong wit Bow Wow and the likes of him??? I'm sure most of us would agree that he's WELL into the realm of "making it". Just a testament that goes to show what allowing yourself to be fake at any time looks like and results in. You can never fully be yourself. And where's the comfort in that?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a bunch of ? .

Your pockets ain't 'bout that life so why front like you got it like that? What's the point in all of it? All you're doing is lying to yourself and a person that lies to themselves is the most untrustworthy person there is.

Be you and stop trying to be the next man. Stop trying to floss money you don't have. If you got Faded Glory money then so be it, ? Gucci and ? . If you got used 1998 Grand Am money then ride that ? until the wheels fall of; ? a BMW or a Benz. If you got Applebee's money then eat there; ? a Ruth's Chris.

Work with what you have until you get to where you want to be.
  • konceptjones
    Options

Rappers are the worst with this ? .

? flossin chains and ? , expensive clothes, fat ass cribs, and 6 figure rides in their videos and promo ? , but when they walk off the set they're putting them clothes back on the wardrobe rack, the chains go back to the jeweler they rented 'em from, then they pop the door on that '92 Accord and drive away from the house they rented for the video shoot. ? don't even get to drink the champagne they used in the video.

When it came out that the majority of the homes and cars on MTV Cribs were rented I simply wasn't surprised. In fact, there was a cat from some rock group that even said it in his episode. They went out of his rather modest (yet nice) home to look at his car and in the driveway was an old dusty Camry. Dude was like "Yeah... I'm not the type to go out and rent a bunch of luxury cars to front like all the other people on Cribs do..."

? 's pathetic if you ask me. If you ain't got it you just ain't got it. ? act like Breed never said "There ain't no future in your frontin'".
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

This.
  • Star Nine
    Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    seeing is believing
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What happens if you don't make then you lived your life being fake...
  • konceptjones
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody please insert the video where my ? long live the great ? c broke it down.....

"Mane these instruments.....instruments to get the ? ".....

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? had a "rolls Royce Bentley"

Lolololololololol come on mane you got ta know they 2 different car producers
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    It promotes living beyond your means and the concept of images being more important than content.

Perhaps in entertainment projecting a certain image helps you become successful but for most others its ? .

GOAT.

this is what it boils down to.

now. I think dressing successful like a business man because you are living where you want to go....I get.

but driving cars, clother. jewelry you can afford.....just dumb.

image driven vanity society
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oxymoron because in the real world if you keep fakin you'll never make it..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Best applied at work and school for me