illedout wrote: »
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    3Hunna wrote: »
    Nas definitely has the worst production ever

Terrible at hook making as well that's his biggest weakness. Can't do hooks

Boring flow as well

Can't make music for the whip to bump out loud

Can't make club bangers has no music for the club or a social setting

Has some terrible albums I Am, Nastradamus, Streets Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled

Has no songs that are bangers

Doesn't have a big female fan base. Fans of his music are male hip hop head bloggers

But a superb and excellent technical lyricist and emcee 2nd greatest ever emcee and lyricist ever

hmm....can you tell me how you feel about emotional bangers?

Chill,
    Don't get shady team ? ass started..

You know she'll try to turn this ? into an Eminem appreciation thread..

it's a deathrow/supergangster thread

it wasn't goin anywhere but down the toilet anyway lmao
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »
    Lol@ Eminem having catchier songs, foh

If I ruled the world is the only song after illmatic that can compete with Stan ,Love the way you lie,Lose yourself The way I am, and if I want to reach I can say Em played a big part of the success in the song with Drake (forever).

My point is Em has singles throughout his career that hit top 40 and simple minded people will sing along to.

I like Nas more than all of the people I listed but facts are facts. He's not a singles driven artist and single success reflects how catchy the masses think you are.

Shut up, you sound real stupid right now
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

If I ruled the world is the only song after illmatic that can compete with Stan ,Love the way you lie,Lose yourself The way I am, and if I want to reach I can say Em played a big part of the success in the song with Drake (forever).

My point is Em has singles throughout his career that hit top 40 and simple minded people will sing along to.

I like Nas more than all of the people I listed but facts are facts. He's not a singles driven artist and single success reflects how catchy the masses think you are.

Ether was more popular than all those songs.

Ether meant more to hip-hop, but Em got play in nonurban markets. Lose yourself won a Grammy AND an Oscar.
  • Moore7s
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Shut up, you sound real stupid right now

I deadass see myself sounding like 5 grand to the nasrealites
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

forget them cookie cutter hooks
  • Moore7s
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

Boring flow as well

Has some terrible albums I Am, Nastradamus, Streets Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled

Doesn't have a big female fan base. Fans of his music are male hip hop head bloggers

But a superb and excellent technical lyricist and emcee 2nd greatest ever emcee and lyricist ever

hmm....can you tell me how you feel about emotional bangers?

Chill,
    Don't get shady team ? ass started..

You know she'll try to turn this ? into an Eminem appreciation thread..

it's a deathrow/supergangster thread

it wasn't goin anywhere but down the toilet anyway lmao

I'm living my life wrong.

I posted in a supergangster thread and took shadyteams side.

I need to eat a snickers
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? a beat. I could listen to Nas acapella all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAIYbfTBa5A
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one cares about Vlad & his 2004 Nas opinions. The roles seem reversed. He comes off as more of a jilted ? than Carmen & Kelis put together.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Boring flow as well

But can he croon? Get outta here ya dumb broad.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think what people aren't able to express is that they don't like nas' song writing. Shadyteam said she doesn't like his hooks and I think that's what it boils down to. People just can't sing along to his tunes so they say it's the beat

Nas tells stories, gives a lot to think about and is usually creative with his approach lyrically. It's pretty much the opposite of popular songs today where they're catchy but the content is garbage and it's not creative.

The other legends of his caliber who Vlad is referring to have catchier tunes. Jay, Big, Dmx, Ice cube, Eminem are all Legends with better singles than Nas because they're catchier.That's really the only flaw they can give his career post illmatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVfgvHucRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPtRA7zieE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZOXUiCJHA

Just a few banger singles that ? on the catchy theory being presented...

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Overblown complaint. Nas production is fine.

vlad and shady team gtfoh

Nas' production suits him at the end of the day. We can't deny that he does have some disappointing beats, but that seems to speak more to his loyalty to Salaam Remi than any failure on his part as he easily has as many good beats as he does subpar ones.

Open challenge: name as many wack nas beats as you can and I guarantee someone can name as many sick ones
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just don't like Nas with Salaam Remi. Premo, Alchemist, Havoc, Pete Rock, etc is fire
  • chompollet
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I just don't like Nas with Salaam Remi. Premo, Alchemist, Havoc, Pete Rock, etc is fire

I would honestly cut this list shorter.

Premo, Rock, and Large Professor make up some of nas' biggest tracks
  • chompollet
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pete Rock didn't do ? for Nas..

He produced The world is yours which is one of Nas best songs but beside that he didint do ? !

LARGE PROF DJ PREMIER, HAVOC SALAAM REMI IS THE GOATS

also Nas sounded good on Trackmasters!
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude ear for production is trash idc
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he can get with any producer in the world but he still wanna work with Salaam Remi smh
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

I can understand why someone would feel that way. Salaam isn't the problem IMO, I just feel like Nas picks beats that HE likes from Salaam but the rest of us are like why?

I think Salaam even said Nas doesn't business about what people think of his selections or if they'll like it or not, he selects what he wants so it is what it is.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Salaam has produced to many good beats for Nas to partake in this foolishness. Most of his production for Nas has been fire. Nas has picked some wack beats from other producers too.

LOL @ Vlad's corn ass interviewing Salaam about Nas picking the worst beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfAYJV63Kg
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As media and technology eveolved, it allowed groupie ? , stans to become what is now Vlad, Akademic, non-accredited journalists and every fan to be an overly opinionated critic.

They caused listeners to put the wrong focus on the art.

This is why wack stuff is winning all the time.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't mind vlad once or twice stating his opinion on nas beat selection, but he going on this ? for years now. Let it go. We understand your position, no need to keep repeating the ? all day like shady team or the midget ? from that ? city in va
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think what people aren't able to express is that they don't like nas' song writing. Shadyteam said she doesn't like his hooks and I think that's what it boils down to. People just can't sing along to his tunes so they say it's the beat

Nas tells stories, gives a lot to think about and is usually creative with his approach lyrically. It's pretty much the opposite of popular songs today where they're catchy but the content is garbage and it's not creative.

The other legends of his caliber who Vlad is referring to have catchier tunes. Jay, Big, Dmx, Ice cube, Eminem are all Legends with better singles than Nas because they're catchier.That's really the only flaw they can give his career post illmatic
    Fam just say YOU dont like his style of music. Nas has a few bangaz, hate me now, Made you look are a couple. The thing is these are CLASSICS that have more longevity than any of the little new age ? current day music. All in all, Nas DOES NOT MAKE COMMERCIAL MUSIC. Youre just comparing his beatz with other commercial artist that gets club play. But thats not what Nas is. He knows this but dumb azz ignorant fans like Vlad dont know hiphop outside the ? radio
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Overblown complaint. Nas production is fine.

vlad and shady team gtfoh

Nas' production suits him at the end of the day. We can't deny that he does have some disappointing beats, but that seems to speak more to his loyalty to Salaam Remi than any failure on his part as he easily has as many good beats as he does subpar ones.

Open challenge: name as many wack nas beats as you can and I guarantee someone can name as many sick ones

I could easily