The Official AMC's Better Call Saul Discussion (2017)

Options

Comments

• victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how they got us wanting more of Gus/Mike/Cartel story and that last 10-15mins or so of Jimmy and his brother's issue were like 'eh, whatever' from last week.

This episode definitely brought their story up to par with the Gus/Mike/Cartel IMO,

I feel like this show is going to be short (in terms of seasons) because it seems like it is getting closer to Breaking Bad. I hate that feeling lol.

Am I the only one who feels like that?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how they got us wanting more of Gus/Mike/Cartel story and that last 10-15mins or so of Jimmy and his brother's issue were like 'eh, whatever' from last week.

This episode definitely brought their story up to par with the Gus/Mike/Cartel IMO,

I feel like this show is going to be short (in terms of seasons) because it seems like it is getting closer to Breaking Bad. I hate that feeling lol.

Yeah they did that real smooth.By the half way mark,I was like "hey wusup w/ that gansgter ? "? Then the story got so good I was all up in that Matlock ? .

I wouldn't be surprised if we only got 5 seasons,but this was set 6 years before BB,so technically they could go on for a while seeing that these seasons aren't running a year apart.we picked up pretty much from season 2 w/out a big time lapse from what I can tell.

Also Saul doesn't appear in BB until the 2nd season,so that's whole year inside of BB they can crossover before he even meet Badger,Walt,and Jesse.

And technically,we have no idea what Saul was doing when he wasn't dealing w/ Walt and Jesse on BB.

And you got the current day story where he works in the mall.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something's gota happen to present day Saul.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? brilliant episode. It's about time Chuck started to squirm, though I still think Jimmy's going to lose.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Yeah they did that real smooth.By the half way mark,I was like "hey wusup w/ that gansgter ? "? Then the story got so good I was all up in that Matlock ? .

I wouldn't be surprised if we only got 5 seasons,but this was set 6 years before BB,so technically they could go on for a while seeing that these seasons aren't running a year apart.we picked up pretty much from season 2 w/out a big time lapse from what I can tell.

Also Saul doesn't appear in BB until the 2nd season,so that's whole year inside of BB they can crossover before he even meet Badger,Walt,and Jesse.

And technically,we have no idea what Saul was doing when he wasn't dealing w/ Walt and Jesse on BB.

And you got the current day story where he works in the mall.

Exactly. He could still be dealing with Kim and his brother while ? develops with Walt
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Just seeing Chuck get ethered made it a 10 to me. I've been waiting for that.

THIS THIS AND THIS

this is why its the best episode of the season up to this point

it might not finish the season as such, but it will be top 3 no question
  • AP21
    Options
    Something's gota happen to present day Saul.

i think present day saul is the result of the events from BB
  • nickel-us P
    Options
    Saul's story ain't over.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I kno im jumpin ahead, but im interested to see what happens with post BB Saul. When he is working at cinnabon in the mall. Cuz they showed he still has a lil of the old jimmy in him nh. when he told the kid who stole the cd to lawyer up...I wanna see how he gets back into the game.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last episode was great
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Chucks hate came shining through. Game, set and match.

ol boy lost weight since BB

7pqh92e5figg.png

he also looks old as ?

Some ? just need to stay big, they look ? up tryin to be skinny..
  • AP21
    Options
    for those of you who know people that are trying to either give this show a chance or BB, i recommend you telling them to start with BB season 2, episode 8 "better call saul"

you have to explain to them that they are missing a lot of foundation by just starting here, but i get it...for some people, this show appears to start off slow, but i think thats just a masterful way of developing the characters and getting you invested in them, however, if they start off with this episode, they can see how Saul ties in, and perhaps, they may end up giving a ? about how his character came to be

im having a blast binging this show all over again. This is only the 2nd show ever that i've watched a second viewing of upon completing it the very first time when it originally aired.
  • nickel-us P
    Options
    So he guna change his name next ep?
  • loch121
    Options
    Okay.I got a video dropping about this.Lydia oh Lydia.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hector such a bastard
  • loch121
    Options
    Better Call Saul season 3 ep 6 | Off Brand review/recap | Viral Munchies | Loch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBm-aLWiu6g
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Why does the guy who pulled the gun on Hector and the black guy look so familiar. It's like i remember the black guy following walt but not so much the Spanish dude.

Good episdoe last night...his film crew are pretty funny
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Why does the guy who pulled the gun on Hector and the black guy look so familiar. It's like i remember the black guy following walt but not so much the Spanish dude.

They both from Breaking Bad.

Homie isnt Spanish hes Native

tumblr_m69bf5wtBA1rzq3suo1_500.gif
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

They both from Breaking Bad.

Homie isnt Spanish hes Native

tumblr_m69bf5wtBA1rzq3suo1_500.gif

oh ok...it's like as soon as I seen there faces i remembered them
  • TheGOAT
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Only 3 episodes left

No episode next week
  • loch121
    Options
    This season has been so fire.Ep was cool.Nothing action packed,but still good.

recap vid coming soon.Easter eggs hunt
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jimmy's growing desperate. Only a matter of time before Saul completely takes over.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    yea that was a take nap episode....at least mike got some action on the horizon
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jimmy is becoming unhinged and Kim is becoming worried again