Thoughts on modern-day chivalry.....

Options

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm like that if f its a woman in my life, most of the time, and that's only because they don't like people bending over backwards for them like that lol. If they're senile or visibly disabled I'll go out of my way because its the right thing to do. I'm just nice to anybody else, but you'll be alright if I don't feel like getting up because you're a woman. Should've got there quicker lol.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    I'm with it all day, to an extent

I'll hold doors and give up seats and all that but I'll switch real quick when I notice you aint the least bit appreciative

held the door for this girl (very young and able) just the other day in TN and she took aaalll day gettin to it, and didnt say a word....I let it go right when she got in the path, chuckled and said my bad

What part of TN was u in bruh?

Jackson....man I thought we was ratchet smh

I sat in line at taco bell and watched 2 people get cussed out by the girl working the window....then she starts arguing with the 3rd dude and he done hopped out and ran up on the window

I dipped out like

8795b6e23dbcaf38dc18306f024948de.gif

sumn made me go read the reviews for that location later that night.....? was all comedy

one lady (im sure was white) said "service was horrible and all the employees had really tall weave"

Kevin-Hart-and-Shaq.gif

You stroll thru Memphis? Been saying when you roll thru bring me a gallon of that lean.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's funny. He's my (slightly modified) response from a feminist site when someone told this female to act like a girl.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize my ? came with a terms and conditions manual.

We done telling each other how to act. I wouldn't expect a chick to respond well to me telling her that full sleeve tattoos don't fit a woman so don't expect me to respond well to being told when I should sit. ? outta here with this chivalry ? .
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackson like a lil Memphis.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Older person, visibly pregnant woman, disabled person..I'd give up my seat no problem.

Some able-bodied 20, 30, 40 or 50 something woman, just because she's a woman? FOH. You better hold on to that bar...

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have to check myself every now and than...

but if you are not especially affected or a child, there is no reason for women or anyone to expect or be granted special protection or consideration

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll hold doors and give up seats and all that but I'll switch real quick when I notice you aint the least bit appreciative

held the door for this girl (very young and able) just the other day in TN and she took aaalll day gettin to it, and didnt say a word....I let it go right when she got in the path, chuckled and said my bad

It must be a Tennessee thing because it seem like damn near every young chick does it.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    ill give up my seat for an old lady..
    but a pregnant ? !?

? is u pregnant on the bus for!?
    obviously u dont give a ? about u so why should i?? lol

she's riding the bus for the same reasons everyone else rides the bus
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like that's the child's father issue not the community....I couldn't have mines riding the subway
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't let other people dictate my behavior so I don't really care about opening doors for unappreciative broads because the ? cost me nothing.

I'll give up my seat too given she's older than a H.S. chick. Young hoes get on my nerves, ? em.

I don't over think this ?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You stroll thru Memphis? Been saying when you roll thru bring me a gallon of that lean.

? we rode thru

I aint ridin up 40 wit no damn gallon tho I aint gone lie to ya bruh bruh lol

idk why you actin like it aint right there in the city....for lower than here

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    I feel like that's the child's father issue not the community....I couldn't have mines riding the subway

lol

you shouldn't feel obligated, but it would be nice of you

not everyone is in the position to not have to ride the bus

gawd forbid a person is laid off from work or car goes down unexpectedly

shiddd I would rather ride the subway in nyc or most major cities than drive even if I had a car
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Its dead cuz women killed it..... When u stop demanding respect and ? with aint ? ? u cant demand the same respect. Allowing urself to be bought,calling dudes who do come at u in a respectful manner "thirsty/or lame" contribute to it. Also all women dont deserve chivalry... just like all women are marriage material.

Plus women these days are ? .... Hold the door for them they keep walking or talking on they phone with not thank u.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ride the train Tuesday to Friday. It is every man and woman for themselves. However, I typically do give up my seat for older folks and pregnant women even though I don't see pregnant women while i'm on the train during rush hour.

That A train be no joke in the AM. I need a seat just cuz the stop between 125th and 59th is way too long lol.. NYC'er know what I'm talking about. lol..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I ride the train Tuesday to Friday. It is every man and woman for themselves. However, I typically do give up my seat for older folks and pregnant women even though I don't see pregnant women while i'm on the train during rush hour.

That A train be no joke in the AM. I need a seat just cuz the stop between 125th and 59th is way too long lol.. NYC'er know what I'm talking about. lol..

Man I remember riding the subway and bus in NY with my grandma and she would make me give my seat up to women and old folk... I understand why but I used to be mad as hell lol
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol

shiddd I would rather ride the subway in nyc or most major cities than drive even if I had a car

Then why shame some men for not practicing chivalry?

It would be nice if i did but would it be mean if I didn't?

2 people can't put together money for a car ride?

If you live anywhere in the south where you need a car and it breaks down....you just ain't gonna make it that day, re-schedule the appointment.....

I agree with you about driving in cities, I was born and raised for most of my life in ny and didn't get my license until I came to Va ...it's actually a privilege to own cars in cities as the cost of owning and maintaining a car on top of them outrageous parking tickets(impossible to find legal parking in a lot of areas) easily becomes more of a hassle than convenience

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

It must be a Tennessee thing because it seem like damn near every young chick does it.

Definitely. These hoes feel so entitled that it's sickening.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

lol

Then why shame some men for not practicing chivalry?

It would be nice if i did but would it be mean if I didn't?

2 people can't put together money for a car ride?

If you live anywhere in the south where you need a car and it breaks down....you just ain't gonna make it that day, re-schedule the appointment.....

I agree with you about driving in cities, I was born and raised for most of my life in ny and didn't get my license until I came to Va ...it's actually a privilege to own cars in cities as the cost of owning and maintaining a car on top of them outrageous parking tickets(impossible to find legal parking in a lot of areas) easily becomes more of a hassle than convenience

I don't condone the shaming of men for not practicing chivalry

I would look side ways at anyone who would not give up their seat for a visibly pregnant person

And yes, sometimes 2 people can't put together money for a car ride... and not every pregnant woman has their child's father to depend on doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a small act of kindness lol

• twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options

That's me all day! If I'm bein courteous.........and yo ass just mosey'n along...shiiiit. My motto is "If you ain't in no hurry to get here.....I ain't in no hurry to hold this muthafucka!" ? you betta put some pep in yo step!
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    wj2moxi367u4.gif
    Ultimately, id want someone to do it for my mother or my wife #RESPECT!!!
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    So, I had a female "friend" on FB post this:

"It's sad that of the three people who offered me their seats on the train, all three were older women (over 50). Men, if you are riding public transportation, you should be ashamed of yourself if you are sitting while women are standing. You should be doubly ashamed of yourself if any woman standing is visibly pregnant or almost retirement age."

Thoughts?

Well, according to @desertrain10 .....now known as @Madame_CJSkywalker .......chivalry is a byproduct of the type of benevolent sexism that exists in a patriarchal society.

Therefore, instead of being shamed.....the type of gentlemen being referred to in the opening post should be commended for extolling the virtues of the feminist movement.

91n0omtf400h.gif
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i saw this tweet the other day where dude said he won't give up his seat for a pregnant woman because it's not his fault she got knocked up by a ? with no car

t7xv8l8fxjoc.gif