• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Heroin ruined his potential.

I get that but the heroin gave us his best work about 6-7 albums... So we disount that? Cash Money gets disrespected by hip hop... Juvie had 3 straight great albums Soulja Rag , 400 Degreez and GCode..... BG had Tru Story, Chopper City,Its all on u 1 and 2, Chopper City in the Ghetto...., thats arguably 4 classics in a row (but u know how southern albums are not viewed the same)

Think you took it a little too far in saying Tha G Code is a classic. That album was extra average and rushed as hell to capitalize off the success of 400 Degreez.

Yeah I bought it in college but you could tell then they was just tryna capitalize

I think barely a year had passed after 400 Degreez when it dropped. Also it was basically a Hot Boys album, but they needed all the guest features to fill the album out and get it in stores to capitalize off Juvenile's name since he just went 4X Platinum. I think it had like 2 songs on it out of 16 without a feature lol.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get that but the heroin gave us his best work about 6-7 albums... So we disount that? Cash Money gets disrespected by hip hop... Juvie had 3 straight great albums Soulja Rag , 400 Degreez and GCode..... BG had Tru Story, Chopper City,Its all on u 1 and 2, Chopper City in the Ghetto...., thats arguably 4 classics in a row (but u know how southern albums are not viewed the same)

Think you took it a little too far in saying Tha G Code is a classic. That album was extra average and rushed as hell to capitalize off the success of 400 Degreez.

Yeah I bought it in college but you could tell then they was just tryna capitalize

I think barely a year had passed after 400 Degreez when it dropped. Also it was basically a Hot Boys album, but they needed all the guest features to fill the album out and get it in stores to capitalize off Juvenile's name since he just went 4X Platinum.

Remember DMX had done it like 2 years prior to it. That's Baby and them using them Master P monkey see monkey do hustle tactics
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CAt

Catch Yo Cut>>>>>>>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62yW3hurP8

"Either way it go ill get mine/ Ill ? lookin ya dead in ya eye"

And props to whoever posted that Livin Legend cut, that Intro had me sayin ? Baby too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ctQHLISG8
  • SELASI_i
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ah he had some joints on there I wouldn't call g-code wack tho. Just not like 400 degreez I liked soulja ragz too
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    CAt

Catch Yo Cut>>>>>>>

And props to whoever posted that Livin Legend cut, that Intro had me sayin ? Baby too

Forgot what track it was but that one line where he said "I feel sorry for yo daughter/She got a ? to call a mother and a father" was cold.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Fella snort so much, til they nose get sore
    It's time to graduate, them bags ain't doing the job no more
    Now a needle and some dope, tap that green vein
    Smoke blunts sometimes but it's all about that vein

BG remained dope (pun intended) as his addiction deepened but it took the sharpness off his delivery.

When he made CC, IAOU 1&2 he was snorting - when he started banging that ? there was a noticeable change in the tempo and delivery of his rhymes. He will forever be Top 5 in Louisiana to me though and my favorite Hot Boy.

Would you say that this was around the checkmark era?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One of the sickest to do it period.
    One of a kind flow, delivery, voice and content Nobody else in the game could sound like that .
  • SELASI_i
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? was cool as ? too. Not many southern dudes was on some laid back ? back then. I know the H was in the system but still coo ? tho
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BG remained dope (pun intended) as his addiction deepened but it took the sharpness off his delivery.

When he made CC, IAOU 1&2 he was snorting - when he started banging that ? there was a noticeable change in the tempo and delivery of his rhymes. He will forever be Top 5 in Louisiana to me though and my favorite Hot Boy.

He started shooting in late '97 but it started really taking its course around that time, yeah.

On Checkmate his flow was much more syrupy than on previous albums. By the time Living Legend dropped in '03, he was having serious health problems as a result. He had to kick it or he would've died.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Yeah I meant checkmate ? spellcheck
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    CAt

Catch Yo Cut>>>>>>>

Forgot what track it was but that one line where he said "I feel sorry for yo daughter/She got a ? to call a mother and a father" was cold.

Reality Check

? C never call out BG for his dope prices...Gizzle had it for 22 on that track

But P had it for 16.5 on Bout Dat...inflation a ?

Man Livin Legend bring back memories, Koch Records had next (and every ? pronounced it Koch instead of "coke" but dont matter)
  • Rampage12
    edited May 2017
    Options
    CAt

Catch Yo Cut>>>>>>>

Reality Check

? C never call out BG for his dope prices...Gizzle had it for 22 on that track

But P had it for 16.5 on Bout Dat...inflation a ?

Man Livin Legend bring back memories, Koch Records had next (and every ? pronounced it Koch instead of "coke" but dont matter)

Was it not pronounced it like that, everytime I heard it actually said that's how it was pronounced and you think people would know how to pronounce the name of the record label they were on:

"Only ? that made 30 mil ? ' with Koch" - Fat Joe

"These ? finally get some fame and think they got it locked/? after yo album flop you gon be on Koch" - Lil Flip

• Rampage12
    Options

He started shooting in late '97 but it started really taking its course around that time, yeah.

On Checkmate his flow was much more syrupy than on previous albums. By the time Living Legend dropped in '03, he was having serious health problems as a result. He had to kick it or he would've died.

Yeah Checkmate as a whole was just wack to me outside of that "Change The World" track. His flow just sounded mailed in but then again his flow sounded lazy and off on some of his later ? when he was supposed to be sober also.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't like his flow as he got older
  • Rampage12
    Options
    I wonder what happened to all his Chopper City Records cats like Gar and Hakim. I know VL Mike ended up leaving the label and getting murdered shortly thereafter.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    He spent some time in Detroit before he got locked too
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options

Yeah Checkmate as a whole was just wack to me outside of that "Change The World" track. His flow just sounded mailed in but then again his flow sounded lazy and off on some of his later ? when he was supposed to be sober also.

https://youtu.be/kFL-HfPJbgE
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checkmate had some ? but as far as the heroin setting in I agree, u can tell with the flow on Hennessy n XTC n even the video

This a prodigy song but bg killed this(prodigy said bruh came to the shoot looking for dope smh)

https://youtu.be/Jv4Cx5KKR0U
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what happened to all his Chopper City Records cats like Gar and Hakim. I know VL Mike ended up leaving the label and getting murdered shortly thereafter.

Yea that loss hurt too, for me, VL showed the most promise and talent out all the chopper city team. And I don't think the video exist no more but I remember finding a video on YouTube back in like 2009 or 2010 that must've leaked after he got killed...it was of him talking kinda bad to the camera about BG and they situation. It look like he was wired tf up on coke. He was on some ? and forgot exactly what he said but it made my eyebrows raise and eyes got big when I heard it and it made me wonder if it had something to do with why he got killed.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checkmate had some ? but as far as the heroin setting in I agree, u can tell with the flow on Hennessy n XTC n even the video

This a prodigy song but bg killed this(prodigy said bruh came to the shoot looking for dope smh)

https://youtu.be/Jv4Cx5KKR0U

My favorite featured verse from B Gizzle.......Prodigy is a whole hoe for putting BG's business out there like that in his tell all book

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw y'all ? slept on Checkmate. Gunslinger, This ? Die, Press One all them ? was dope
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw y'all ? slept on Checkmate. Gunslinger, This ? Die, Press One all them ? was dope

Checkmate and G code were solid but unspectacular albums that suffered from the same fate, being released to soon and after landmark albums.
  • moyo
    Options
    https://youtu.be/D7j3bmUXOAk

I can't believe nobody's posted this yet.... This is one of my favorite Cash money cuts of all time...
  • moyo
    Options
    https://youtu.be/0dzbXVDQlBY

I be on a paper chase, I'm all about my cheddar/ I aint touchin the mic if it aint 5 g's or betta...