AZ >>>>>>>>>>> Jay-Z (Stop Using Popularity In Your Argument)

Options
13»

Comments

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm curious, has anyone been here since before the redesign? I think I first joined this forum somewhere back in 2001-2003, I can't remember the exact date. Am I the only dinosaur here?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    I'm curious, has anyone been here since before the redesign? I think I first joined this forum somewhere back in 2001-2003, I can't remember the exact date. Am I the only dinosaur here?

Nah I joined in 2003.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been here since 02, when I first joined Aziatic just leaked and there was a 10 page thread on it
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Been here since 02, when I first joined Aziatic just leaked and there was a 10 page thread on it

Word.

Yeah I remember being on here when College Dropout dropped, AZiatic, Blueprint 2, etc
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Op might be mad but he's got a point. Not to mention there's hella Mc's better than Jayz.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZ has an underground vibe

Yo the kats on this website listen to the radio all day

they get gamed by their homies just enuff to know what is relevant in their world to mention

like they know of cormega but probably never listened to a track

they know of jaz-o cuz the internet schools them but they wouldn't know ?

They may know of an AZ but don't know some of his dope tracks

The know what the radio tells them to know

They know Scarface but they don't know artist from Rap-A-Lot records and affiliates like K-Rino

They know Dj Screw but don't know Mr. 3-2

basically they don't know ?
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

I was young_reezy on there. I remember that ? back then
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    The problem is these dayz everybody act like they to good for everybody only Jz's of rap are good enuff for them.

There are levels to this ? man stop being Hip Hop snobs,and nerds be cool by knowing some ? the snobs think they to good for do something different and be cool ...forget the snobs and their lols always trying to laugh at independent views and opinions.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    The problem is these dayz everybody act like they to good for everybody only Jz's of rap are good enuff for them.

There are levels to this ? man stop being Hip Hop snobs,and nerds be cool by knowing some ? the snobs think they to good for do something different and be cool ...forget the snobs and their lols always trying to laugh at independent views and opinions.

I grew up in a time when it was cool to be the first one knowing about a newer artist or albums that nobody is up on yet. Now it's groupthink monkey see monkey do ? mane
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

I agree with this concept. I sho aint no follower on here. Lupe Fiasco got voted greatest rapperof the millenium on here.haha. He's not even on my radar. Never had interest in listening to him only heard a few singles years ago. Not my thing. I aint interested in Joe Budden or Canibus (a past favorite on here) etc. But I come here because its so detatched from whats going on out there. I listen to what i listen too then come here for the bizarre escapist comedy aspect.
    One of the many things a lot of people seem to miss here is rappers are popular because they actually connect with the people and make music...people like *gasp*. Not some fringe with uncommon tastes. Its not some conspiracy and "they are popular but disregard that because..." no they are popular because people like it. Look at all the independent acts that have came out with no major backing. Jay Z is good at what he does. And I mean to where he has few peers.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AZ is one of the most underrated mc in the history of the game and I've been screaming this years. AZ>>>>>>Nas & Gayhova. On the low he murdered Nas on Life's A ? and he's never taken the career threatening L's that Nas has been stacking for the past 2 decades. AZ's first 3 bars on I'm Back destroys Jigga's entire pop culture ass career.

"Spirit of Marcus Garvey, Farad Muhammad
    Medgar Evars and Bob Marley, I'm ? -Body
    The scripture says Allah's inside me, show love
    I was hugged by the arms of Gandhi, gave me my strength
    You could tell somebody raised me with sense
    We all need somethin to help us through our daily events
    Bear with me; the toughest ? tear quickly
    No lie - pops still cry and he near fifty - freedom or death"

Damn shame how NYC will ? ride clowns like mase, "killa" kam, ? -z and L collecting ass Nas but sleep on an all time mc like AZ.

"Loving da game you gave me, loving my name is AZ. Never sold millions, but ? it I'm here to save the babies"
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Jigga on this one....
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Sugar hill vs can't knock the hustle?
  • 3Hunna
    3Hunna Members Posts: 162
    Options
    Jay discography is not better than AZ, lyrical I think AZ got it, but it's close. Jay was just more commercial.

His discography is not better overall than AZ's

But lyrically Reasonable Doubt, Volume 1, Volume 2, The Blueprint, The Blueprint 2Black Album and American Gangster are strictly lyrically speaking better than any AZ album

Jay Z paid to have big name RnB singers to feature and do the hooks on his songs especially his singles so that is why he had commercial success because he has Justin Timberlake, R Kelly, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Pharrell Williams etc doing the hooks on his singles

• Ear2DaSt
    Options
    sing hop !!!!!!!!!!
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3Hunna wrote: »
    Jay discography is not better than AZ, lyrical I think AZ got it, but it's close. Jay was just more commercial.

His discography is not better overall than AZ's

But lyrically Reasonable Doubt, Volume 1, Volume 2, The Blueprint, The Blueprint 2Black Album and American Gangster are strictly lyrically speaking better than any AZ album

Jay Z paid to have big name RnB singers to feature and do the hooks on his songs especially his singles so that is why he had commercial success because he has Justin Timberlake, R Kelly, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Pharrell Williams etc doing the hooks on his singles

Those albums aren't lyrically better than AZ albums. Jay dumbed it down by his own admission after volume 1. AZ been consistent all the way through. Are you listening to the content?