What was it like when u were broke/lowest?

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
So while i was at work bored.. i started day dreaming and thought about how there was time when i got fired from my job...spent all my $$ on rent,bills etc.. and barely had anything left

So i went to my car and looked under the seat for change (i always dropped change) and than i went to jack n da box n got those 2 tacos for $1.06 and a 99 cent arizona

You ever had a nap for dinner?

full?d=1418103979

Comments

• b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few years back, fresh outta high school. I was working at walmart at the time and got paid every other thursday. Bruh! That walmart had a McDonald's inside of it. Life saver. I used to live off that dollar menu. Especially after rent was paid. Id probably have about a good $60 to live off for a week 1/2...
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Burger king Taco Bell and McDonald's dollar menu's saves lives man im telling u..

When saving a good chunk of change those are go to spots for a good five days
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dollar menu
    Those Tostitos pizzas used to be a $1 at one point
    Ramen(cant eat it to this day)

2001 was skressful bruh
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was always good with saving & budgeting money since I was 18 but sometimes being a good hearted person can become a detrimental trait. If you are not careful enough then it can turn to servitude. I was too busy trying to be too real but not it will hinder me. Around 2008, I used to try to help everyone but later that will lead to a demise. In 2009, I was laid off & it was hard to find work. My account soon got so depleted that I couldn't even swipe my card to buy gas. I remember going to the store to buy groceries & my card was declined smh. I used to go to the ATM & it'll read "insufficient funds". I couldn't call on those who I helped for anything because they were still broke. I finally luck up on a job around that time & my phone bill was due the same week before my 1st paycheck, I didn't even have $50 to pay for it. So I asked my sister & she paid for it. Once I stacked my first saved $1000 in the account, I was highly relieved. 2010 was the WOAT year.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    College, survived on Ramen noodles & Snapple it was aight.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    College, survived on Ramen noodles & Snapple it was aight.

Ramen, potatoes, syrup or ranch sandwiches...aint bad after u toast the bread in the oven

A few years ago I had $3 to last me about 4 days...got a pack of bread and spent the rest on bananas
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, terrible days. I couldnt pay rent, couldnt pay my cards. I woke up shaking uncontrobally one time. Never once lost my confidence though.

Life is so good now though. ? man. I need to write a book one day on how I turned ? around.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real ? I'd get roasted out the building if ya'll knew some of the ? I did

? was real tho....from stealing electricity to going to motels for showers to eating maybe once a day

never slept on the street one night but i've been "homeless" a couple timess
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    When u broke at ur lowest it puts everything in perspective.... ie who really cares about who are u real friends etc...

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year in college. Had a job lined up for after graduation and everything, but I failed a class and had to retake the class just so I could get out and start working. I didn't have any money, but the money that was given to me for graduating, which was around $600. 500 was used to pay for that summer class. Probably had $60 that had to last me 5 weeks. I remember getting pizzas, and eating just a few slices trying to save some for lunch the next day and dinner. Didn't drive much, and when I did, all I could afford was to put $5 or 6$ in there. It was rough, but i at least had a place to stay. Would crash at my aunts or gf's spot
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summer of 2010, I went a week in an Arizona summer without utilities. It wasn't the whole week but it would cut out in and out. I went inside the ampm to pay for gas in coins as that was all we had. My dog died Pawblo Woofscobar, of parvo virus and I was only able to scrap together that electrolyte drink to keep him hydrated. When your best friend died in your hands; it was tough typing those last 8 or so words, when your best friend died in your hands and you cannot afford medical attention to save him, yeah that's tough compas. My turning point was going to a local car wash and paying with a credit card and checking my paycheck and bills simultaneously, only to find I did not have enough money for my bills. That was the last time I was ever late on a bill.

I'm on a plan right now to pay off debt. When I had a lot of debt, there were days I had nothing to eat and I had to go to work. I only have now like a shade over $12k of debt left to pay, with a baby on the way in a few weeks. There is nothing more motivating to me than paying off debt so A) I am not broke af anymore and B- I want to give the best possible life for both my lady and my son, who have been more supportive and have shown me more love than anyone else. So now all three of us will soon be living like no one else.

So with your fight against debt are you still thinking about law school?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Picante Chicken noodles, water, bud ice and .4 mid blunts.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summer of 2010, I went a week in an Arizona summer without utilities. It wasn't the whole week but it would cut out in and out. I went inside the ampm to pay for gas in coins as that was all we had. My dog died Pawblo Woofscobar, of parvo virus and I was only able to scrap together that electrolyte drink to keep him hydrated. When your best friend died in your hands; it was tough typing those last 8 or so words, when your best friend died in your hands and you cannot afford medical attention to save him, yeah that's tough compas. My turning point was going to a local car wash and paying with a credit card and checking my paycheck and bills simultaneously, only to find I did not have enough money for my bills. That was the last time I was ever late on a bill.

I'm on a plan right now to pay off debt. When I had a lot of debt, there were days I had nothing to eat and I had to go to work. I only have now like a shade over $12k of debt left to pay, with a baby on the way in a few weeks. There is nothing more motivating to me than paying off debt so A) I am not broke af anymore and B- I want to give the best possible life for both my lady and my son, who have been more supportive and have shown me more love than anyone else. So now all three of us will soon be living like no one else.

I don't have the chops for the profession
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have the chops for the profession

I feel you, it ain't for everybody. Hell half my classmates asked "why am I even here" by second the semester of 1L year