The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I get all that but I can say the same about my team beating themselves in games down the stretch. We were a missed chip shot and a Matt Jones fumble on the 2 yard line away from 10-6. We weren't at the end of the day. Hell about 15-20 teams can say the same or have similar reasons. That's the NFL.

We'll just see. I'm not buying the hype.

Difference is y'all had veterans all over the place. Had the second ranked passing offense. Had Two 1000 yard receivers, a 850 yard receiver, and Jordan Reed had almost 700 yards in 12 games.

We had a young team with bad skill position players, a rookie QB, a rookie Coach, and still were in most games. Zach Ertz and Matthews had 800 yards, but beyond that wasnt much else going on offense. Its not illogical to think that even with only slightly better skill players, a few of those tight losses would have been wins.

Y'all on the other hand had better players than us across the board, and only finished one game better. Yall losing tight games says more about the team, than it does about them just beating themselves.

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They needed a short yardage back, a receiver and a secondary. They got 2 out of 3 in free agency. And it ain't a huge ? to get over. Their only concern is the Giants. They beat themselves last season.

The eagles biggest concern should be they QB not relying on slants to win ballgames. I don't have nothing against Blount, I just don't trust players that come out of well running systems like new England's when they struggled in other places...he never fit the giants plans so they lowballed him.

Lol that's complete ? . You don't watch Eagles games, and are basically repeating what Richard Sherman said. The Eagles run a lot of screens and dagger type plays, not slants. Yes, the dagger play has a slant as an option but the design is to clear the safety so you can hit the deep dig, which is where DGB made most of his catches. (Gonna be Alshon now though lol)

Other than that, if Carson was throwing to the wideouts, it was mostly to the boundaries because they couldn't get vertical that often so the coverage often dictated post routes, and corner routes and ? . Yeah he threw SOME slants to Wr's if that's what the situation called for, but we didn't rely on slants. Most passes in the middle of the field were to TE's or, like I said before, dagger type plays designed for the receiver running the dig route.

https://youtu.be/ZGzJqWkofSI
    You can probably count the slants on one hand.

As far as Blount, I don't understand why ? are acting like he was this dominant running back picking up massive yards, and just breaking off these crazy long runs. The dude is a short yardage, and redzone running back. He doesn't need to be a Zeke or Le'veon Bell. He's a power back that fits well in a RB by committee type of situation. He doesn't need to get 18tds, he just needs to be a power back, and muscle through for the short yards when needed. You don't need speed or elusiveness to do that. If he gives us 800 yards and 8-10 tds that's great for us.

Let me articulate this in a scholarly manner you might comprehend...THE EAGLES IS WACK SON!
  • bless the child
    Options
    They needed a short yardage back, a receiver and a secondary. They got 2 out of 3 in free agency. And it ain't a huge ? to get over. Their only concern is the Giants. They beat themselves last season.

The eagles biggest concern should be they QB not relying on slants to win ballgames. I don't have nothing against Blount, I just don't trust players that come out of well running systems like new England's when they struggled in other places...he never fit the giants plans so they lowballed him.

Lol that's complete ? . You don't watch Eagles games, and are basically repeating what Richard Sherman said. The Eagles run a lot of screens and dagger type plays, not slants. Yes, the dagger play has a slant as an option but the design is to clear the safety so you can hit the deep dig, which is where DGB made most of his catches. (Gonna be Alshon now though lol)

Other than that, if Carson was throwing to the wideouts, it was mostly to the boundaries because they couldn't get vertical that often so the coverage often dictated post routes, and corner routes and ? . Yeah he threw SOME slants to Wr's if that's what the situation called for, but we didn't rely on slants. Most passes in the middle of the field were to TE's or, like I said before, dagger type plays designed for the receiver running the dig route.

https://youtu.be/ZGzJqWkofSI
    You can probably count the slants on one hand.

As far as Blount, I don't understand why ? are acting like he was this dominant running back picking up massive yards, and just breaking off these crazy long runs. The dude is a short yardage, and redzone running back. He doesn't need to be a Zeke or Le'veon Bell. He's a power back that fits well in a RB by committee type of situation. He doesn't need to get 18tds, he just needs to be a power back, and muscle through for the short yards when needed. You don't need speed or elusiveness to do that. If he gives us 800 yards and 8-10 tds that's great for us.

Let me articulate this in a scholarly manner you might comprehend...THE EAGLES IS WACK SON!

I just sonned ya ? lol. ? ? talking bout we rely on slants lol... you just a sheep ass ? that repeats what you hear on ESPN.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to my Browns shocking the world and winning the Super Bowl.

Honestly if Hue Jackson the coach I would welcome this senario.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol im not a eagles fan but they def gonna be better this coming season , Pederson gotta open that playbook more and throw the ball downfield now that they have deepthreats with Jeffrey and Smith
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gotta use Trey Burton alot more too
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    lol im not a eagles fan but they def gonna be better this coming season , Pederson gotta open that playbook more and throw the ball downfield now that they have deepthreats with Jeffrey and Smith

Wentz has to step it up. He fell off hard early in the season.

9 TD's - 13 INT - 11 fumbles in his last 12 games. Feel like a lot of people are giving a pass on this
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He really had 11 fumbles now 12 games last year?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

9 TD's - 13 INT - 11 fumbles in his last 12 games. Feel like a lot of people are giving a pass on this

That's Eli type Turnovers
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    He really had 11 fumbles now 12 games last year?
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Ya. Don't get me wrong, those aren't lost fumbles...just fumbles. But still a lot, and combined with the INT's. He came out hot in the first 4 games, and that early impression helped cut down in his criticism during the season.

Dude had 2 games in those last 12 where he scored more than 1 TD. One was against SEA where he threw a second TD kinda late in the fourth when they were already down 26-7 (pretty much junk time). The other was week 17 against a Dallas team who didn't even care about that game, where he threw 2 TD's. He was ass...eagles defense got them the wins they got.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Calvin Johnson was a quiet guy during his playing career, but he has plenty to say in retirement.

Johnson, the former Lions receiver who said yesterday that he didn’t like how the team treated him when he retired, also had some interesting things to say about concussions.

Asked if he ever concealed a concussion from team doctors, Johnson answered, “Of course.”

“They’re going to dispute that, but anytime you black out, anytime you hit the ground and everything is stars and stuff, any time your brain hits your skull, that’s a concussion,” Johnson said, via the Detroit Free Press. “No matter how severe it is, it’s a concussion. Now granted, some people get nausea. That’s a severe concussion when you get hit like that and you get nausea and stuff like that. But if you play football long enough [you’re going to have concussions].”

Tom Brady’s wife said last week that he had a concussion last season, which the NFL says was never diagnosed. Johnson said players frequently don’t get diagnosed by team doctors because they don’t want to miss any playing time.

“Guys get concussions, they don’t tell the coaches,” Johnson said. “It happens. I don’t tell the coach sometimes cause I know I got a job to do. The team needs me out there on the field. And sometimes you allow that to jeopardize yourself, but that’s just the nature of the world.”

As the NFL has mandated removing players from games when they suffer concussions, an unintended consequence is that players who don’t want to leave a game won’t seek medical help if they feel concussion symptoms. Johnson knows that first hand.
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Wentz wasn't that good...i get he was a rookie...but if he don't get better..eagles gon struggle
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Eeeasy...my boy Eli out here catching stray bullets lol
  • bless the child
    edited May 2017
    Options

Lol ? in here building hollow narratives I see. You basically trying to use the 6 bad games he played last season to define his entire season. He really only played bad in 6 games (NYG,NYG, SEA, MIN, CIN, BALTI), he had a passer rating of 59.8 with 5TD and 11INT. In the other 10 he had a 92.8 passer rating with 11TD and 3 INT. *85.2 4TD and 3 INT in those last 12*

In those 6 game Carson played bad those were some of the best defenses in the league. They did numbers on alot of QBs last year. Alot of QBs had their worst games of the season against those teams.

Against Minnesota:
    Aaron Rodgers- 1TD 1INT 70.7 passer rating
    Cam Newton- 0TD 3INT 47.6 passer rating
    Eli Manning 0TD 1INT 63.3

Giants:
    Dak Prescott- 1 TD 2INT in 2 games 57.4
    Kirk Cousins - 1 TD 2 INT in second game 74.3

Ravens:
    Ben Rothlisberger- 1TD 1INT 67.3

I could go on but I think you get the point. Basically his numbers are weighed down by those 6 games.He played good in 10 games, terrible in 6.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Wentz wasn't that good...i get he was a rookie...but if he don't get better..eagles gon struggle

Once teams got film on him it was a wrap, hence his numbers Fallin off as the season went on.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Lol ? in here building hollow narratives I see. You basically trying to use the 6 bad games he played last season to define his entire season. He really only played bad in 6 games (NYG,NYG, SEA, MIN, CIN, BALTI), he had a passer rating of 59.8 with 5TD and 11INT. In the other 10 he had a 92.8 passer rating with 11TD and 3 INT. *85.2 4TD and 3 INT in those last 12*

In those 6 game Carson played bad those were some of the best defenses in the league. They did numbers on alot of QBs last year. Alot of QBs had their worst games of the season against those teams.

Against Minnesota:

Giants:

Ravens:

I could go on but I think you get the point. Basically his numbers are weighed down by those 6 games.He played good in 10 games, terrible in 6.

This is a WEAK post. Six is too many games for an "only" to be included. And his 50% completion 0 TD - O INT loss to Washington wasn't bad too? He had 1 TD - 1 INT - 2 Fumbles in 2 games vs the Skins. Facts are facts...he was ass after his first 4 games.

smh @ focusing on a QB's best 10 games of the season and him still only having 11 TD's (to go with his 3 INT's and 6 fumbles, haha FOH. Everyone's numbers look better if you remove their worst 6 games. This was too weak.

• bow to royalty
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Once teams got film on him it was a wrap, hence his numbers Fallin off as the season went on.

Pretty much. It is what it is. Wentz fans just gotta accept that, and hope he fixes it next year. Because acting like 6 of the next 12 games didn't happen is shameful.
  • bless the child
    edited May 2017
    Options

Against Minnesota:

Giants:

Ravens:

This is a WEAK post. Six is too many games for an "only" to be included. And his 50% completion 0 TD - O INT loss to Washington wasn't bad too? He had 1 TD - 1 INT - 2 Fumbles in 2 games vs the Skins. Facts are facts...he was ass after his first 4 games.

smh @ focusing on a QB's best 10 games of the season and him still only having 11 TD's (to go with his 3 INT's and 6 fumbles, haha FOH. Everyone's numbers look better if you remove their worst 6 games. This was too weak.
    Bro, do you even watch Eagles game? Did you even watch either of those games?

https://youtu.be/yr-eVNO_sps

The tape dont lie. Count the dropped passes, and QB pressures on the missed throws. Then look at what he did when the protection was soild. But nah, the stat sheet says he was 11-22 so he played bad right? This was the first game with no Lane Johnson. Dude got sacked 5 times.

https://youtu.be/lH_CR-nAAFU

Jordan Matthews doesn't drag his toe on that td. The very next play Ertz let the DB get underneath him, for that one int you talking about. That's on Carson too though right? Lol
    Tobin didn't get washed on that strip sack(FUMBLE) either, right? That was all on Wentz too, right? Lol go watch some football ? and come back with some facts on my QB man.

And you keep harping on these fumbles. He had 3 lost fumbles, all of them strip sacks, if a snap is low, hits the QB's hand, hits the ground but the QB picks it up, that's a fumble bro. How is that on the QB? I could put up in game examples but I really don't think you need me to.

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A New York-based organization that works with parolees trying to get back into the workforce has organized a show of solidarity for free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick, which will take place on May 24 at 5 p.m. ET at NFL headquarters in New York.

Kevin Livingston, the president of 100 Suits for 100 Men -- the nonprofit Kaepernick recently donated about 50 suits to in order to help parolees on job interviews -- organized the movement after meeting Kaepernick last month.

"He stood up for us. It's only right that he took our issues in our communities and brought it to a national level and sacrificed salary and being ostracized by the NFL," Livingston told ESPN on Monday. "It was only right that we stand up for him. I started this, literally, when he came to my office -- I was moved. I work with parolees. People usually want to ostracize this particular population. Me working with him on the front lines and him coming to my office, this is not the first time I've worked with him.

"So I thought it was only right that I stand up for him."
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Front 7 will be strong this season. Campbell, Deebo, Duke and Beasely at LB. Poe, Grady(3.5 sacks in the Superbowl) and Takk on the line.

q39tj2p263xi.jpg
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    That logo and colors is so pretty
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait didn't know our rookie LB played so well in pass coverage last season
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Against Minnesota:

Giants:

Ravens:

Bro, do you even watch Eagles game? Did you even watch either of those games?

https://youtu.be/yr-eVNO_sps

The tape dont lie. Count the dropped passes, and QB pressures on the missed throws. Then look at what he did when the protection was soild. But nah, the stat sheet says he was 11-22 so he played bad right? This was the first game with no Lane Johnson. Dude got sacked 5 times.

https://youtu.be/lH_CR-nAAFU

Jordan Matthews doesn't drag his toe on that td. The very next play Ertz let the DB get underneath him, for that one int you talking about. That's on Carson too though right? Lol
    Tobin didn't get washed on that strip sack(FUMBLE) either, right? That was all on Wentz too, right? Lol go watch some football ? and come back with some facts on my QB man.

And you keep harping on these fumbles. He had 3 lost fumbles, all of them strip sacks, if a snap is low, hits the QB's hand, hits the ground but the QB picks it up, that's a fumble bro. How is that on the QB? I could put up in game examples but I really don't think you need me to.

I watched a good bit of the games. I live in VA so they put all the Skins games on. You're just making non-stop excuses. "We had to play good pass defenses...He was getting pressured...His receiver dropped the pass...an OL got suspended...His center didn't snap the ball well...His receiver didn't drag his toe...His tight end didn't fight for the ball...his RB missed a block". Nobody's trying to hear all that ? ,

9 TD's-13 INT's-11 fumbles in 12 games is ass. Kaep played 12 games, on a worse team, and did much better.

I gave you facts already. In his last 12 games:
    - he went 4-8, and one win was vs Cowboys back ups.
    - he had 11 TD's and 16 turnovers
    - he had 2 multi touchdown games (1 again vs Cowboys backups), but 5 multi-turnover games.
    - Completed less than 60% of his passes in 6 games
    - threw for over 250 yards just 3 times even though he averaged almost 40 attempts/game