The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan fans need to chill.

Bron is never gonna be better than Jordan. At best he gonna be close enough to be in the conversation. The best all time gonna be a 3 man race between MJ, Bron, and Kareem. Gonna end up something like 60% gonna have MJ, 25% gonna have Bron, and 10% gonna have Kareem, but overall, MJ still gonna be the consensus #1.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yo our players been working out at the arena since the season ended and still going at it. Take a vacation lol

This a special group though
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

Always showing up in the playoffs will matter when that goat discussion is had. Taking games off and losing to a clearly inferior team doesnt help.

But Jordan has had ? playoff games too. Contrary to popular belief he wasn't perfect and had some bad playoff games when his team needed him too

Has he ever been accused of playing passive or scared? I laugh when people say that they wanna see the RoboBron or whatever they call him. giphy.gif?response_id=592255e048dda0e39da266ad

MJ was in destroy mode at all times. If his shot ain't fallin, he at least was giving full effort and not playing scared. You don't have to worry about which MJ is gonna show up. Lebron don't have that killer instinct that Jordan and Kobe possess. I'ts why little ? and role players like DeShawn Stevenson, Lance, Draymond don't have no problem stepping to him. Lebron is a great player but he can be frustrating to watch at times.

Idk-Ron Artest tried to son Kobe a couple of times and the pistons used to go at Jordan faithfully. ? Lance gave lebron his props this year when the pacers lost.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Damn yo our players been working out at the arena since the season ended and still going at it. Take a vacation lol

thats so cool

but beta is ted leonsis willing to pay the luxury tax (eventually) that would come with 3 max players and adding supporting players though?

the wizards 1 of only 3 teams to never pay the tax

theres a story out there that leonsis not making a bradley beal and chris singleton for harden trade was because of luxury tax stuff
  • Beta
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

thats so cool

but beta is ted leonsis willing to pay the luxury tax (eventually) that would come with 3 max players and adding supporting players though?

the wizards 1 of only 3 teams to never pay the tax

theres a story out there that leonsis not making a bradley beal and chris singleton for harden trade was because of luxury tax stuff

Lol man I'll slap the ? outta you

FOH
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Jordan fans need to chill.

Bron is never gonna be better than Jordan. At best he gonna be close enough to be in the conversation. The best all time gonna be a 3 man race between MJ, Bron, and Kareem. Gonna end up something like 60% gonna have MJ, 25% gonna have Bron, and 10% gonna have Kareem, but overall, MJ still gonna be the consensus #1.

Lebron has a chance to be better but he gotta stop the ? ? ? . I already stated he top 3 right now.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i seen that anthony bennett won himself a euro league championship yesterday

so i go to check his stats

?

1.3 PPG
    1.0 RPG
    0.2 APG

i thought i was looking at d wade high school gpa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVgmL3237Q

@ 22 seconds

lmao

nerlens noel heard stern call bennett name on draft night and thought someone was ? with him

'with the first pick in the 2013 nba draft the cleveland cavaliers select anthony bennett of toronto canada and the university of nevada las vegas'

- david stern

'wish these people would stop playing and start the draft for real' - nerlens noel

even the espn analysts had to take a few seconds to recover from the shock of that pick
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland only had 9 bench points...

@Frenchy

Ok ok ok. IT HAPPENS. Better yet than vs GSW.

Celtics played with heart and dignity. They have amend themselves for the Boston massacre. I have, we have to respect that.

Imo its a good wake up call for the Cavs : stay FOCUS and dedicated

The series will end up in 5 , max in 6.

Go ? a croissant.

? !

lmaoooooooooo!!!!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs fell asleep win won't change anything I don't understand why people are looking in this so much
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol I'm not even gonna respond to that
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Cavs fell asleep win won't change anything I don't understand why people are looking in this so much

I tbink its more about lebrons legacy than the Cs having a chance to win the series. Lebron gotta stop coasting and take these ? out.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Lol I'm not even gonna respond to that

2q2fywy.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Always showing up in the playoffs will matter when that goat discussion is had. Taking games off and losing to a clearly inferior team doesnt help.

But Jordan has had ? playoff games too. Contrary to popular belief he wasn't perfect and had some bad playoff games when his team needed him too

Has he ever been accused of playing passive or scared? I laugh when people say that they wanna see the RoboBron or whatever they call him. giphy.gif?response_id=592255e048dda0e39da266ad

MJ was in destroy mode at all times. If his shot ain't fallin, he at least was giving full effort and not playing scared. You don't have to worry about which MJ is gonna show up. Lebron don't have that killer instinct that Jordan and Kobe possess. I'ts why little ? and role players like DeShawn Stevenson, Lance, Draymond don't have no problem stepping to him. Lebron is a great player but he can be frustrating to watch at times.

While I agree LeBron can be confusing to watch at times it amazing how people forget just how much Jordan let the Pistons get to him and all the complaining he did. Go look at the Bad Boys documentary NBA TV did and they have footage in it of MJ whining about how the Pistons played him and how it was bad for the game and needed to be done away with. MJ is the goat but he wasn't this perfect player who never had a bad game. He had his share of bad playoff games too...less than most but he had moments he didn't always show up
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited May 2017
    Options

While I agree LeBron can be confusing to watch at times it amazing how people forget just how much Jordan let the Pistons get to him and all the complaining he did. Go look at the Bad Boys documentary NBA TV did and they have footage in it of MJ whining about how the Pistons played him and how it was bad for the game and needed to be done away with. MJ is the goat but he wasn't this perfect player who never had a bad game. He had his share of bad playoff games too...less than most but he had moments he didn't always show up

Beating ? up on the court isn't good defense man. That ? was bad for the game Jordan always showed up in the playoffs and i dont think anyone say he never had had games, just none in the playoffs
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Lebron literally quit on the cavs. You can never say that abput jordan. Regardless lebron can still be considered the goat with more play.
  • Beta
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Beatung ? up on the court isn't good defense man. That ? was bad for the game Jordan always showed up in the playoffs and i dont think anyone say he never had had games, just none in the playoffs

I agree the "I can't stop you so ima hurt you" defensive strategy is ? and that's why I laugh when people say players were so much better in the past.

MJ did have bad playoff games though. For instance everyone remembers Jordan dropping 63 pts vs Boston but its never mentioned the next game he went 8-18 wit 5 turnovers. Another elimination game he shot 9-30 and lost. Another game he shot 5-15 in a game and his team lost the series lead and eventually the series itself. 1990 ECF game he shot 7-19...he's had bad playoff games. ? have just been brainwashed by only seeing his highlight reels people now think he never made any mistakes
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron literally quit on the cavs. You can never say that abput jordan. Regardless lebron can still be considered the goat with more play.

He did quit.

He went play baseball

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LBJ played like a ? all night.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Beating ? up on the court isn't good defense man. That ? was bad for the game Jordan always showed up in the playoffs and i dont think anyone say he never had had games, just none in the playoffs

MJ had bad games in the playoffs as well.

The difference is NO ONE could ever question MJ effort and say he quit on his team.

MJ always played hard and did everything he could to win whether his shot was falling or not.

There has been more than one occasion where people could ask those questions of LeBron and that ? is going to always follow him.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody taking Kawhi over KD or vice versa?
    And is KD still a top 5 player?

My mans strongly believes KD isn't top 5 anymore because he didn't make 1st team. I think that's a ? reason. Before KD got injured he was the definition of efficient.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah still taking KD over Kawhi and hes still #2 behind LeBron