Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. King James
    4. Magic
    5. Bird
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is the most least accomplished on that list second. Lmfao
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Y'all sound corny af, all these dumb hypothetical "if Kobe played in the 90's yada yada, he would be Clyde Drexler", is baseless and bafoonish.. the ignorance of Kobe's competitive nature keeps making me chuckle and come back to unload more fuel to keep this thread moving along..

You guys aren't speaking facts, your comparing Kobe to the greatest of all time MJ, that only few could even be mentioned in the same sentence with... Rockets franchise still kicking themselves for taking Hakeem over Mike for a reason, he wasn't able to be compare to Michael in getting the job done as Kobe did... now u wanna take 3 rings from him because Phil Jackson was his coach smh.. Kobe accomplished what he accomplished you can't take it from him whether u like it or not... now give me a 5 better resumes because I hear nothing but hollow points and what ifs
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    That's disrespect towards Clyde, Clyde would of won 5 with Shaq and 3 with Bynum/Gasol/Odom
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That's disrespect towards Clyde, Clyde would of won 5 with Shaq and 3 with Bynum/Gasol/Odom

No it's disrespect to Kobe because your still saying what if... I'm laying out the resume Clyde Drexler isnt better than Kobe so why make the comparison... Clyde Drexler isn't a top 10 player and isn't greater than Kobe, so that comparison is baseless.. The only player Michael Jordan ever respected was Kobe Bryant.... let that bubble
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Clyde would of had 8, damn shame
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clyde would of had 8, damn shame

Ok I see you trolling for joey's feels. Had me worried for a second.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

No it's disrespect to Kobe because your still saying what if... I'm laying out the resume Clyde Drexler isnt better than Kobe so why make the comparison... Clyde Drexler isn't a top 10 player and isn't greater than Kobe, so that comparison is baseless.. The only player Michael Jordan ever respected was Kobe Bryant.... let that bubble

You also attempted to discredit the achievements and resumes of Kobe's competition by stating that Shaq, Hakeem, Barkey etc. had Inferiror accolades compared to Kobe.

So it only follows that we put Kobe in that SAME context and see how he stands up ...

You introduced this argument -

Peace_79 wrote: »

How many Rings, MVPs, 1st Teams, you think Kobe would have if he played the prime of his career ...

W/o Shaq ... against MJ in his prime?

Seriously .... I really want to know
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Clyde was a better player than Kobe just wasnt as selfish and the era was better.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Clyde was a better player than Kobe just wasnt as selfish and the era was better.

Era was not better
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Era was not better

agree to disagree
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options

Lmfao smh wow the reach-ism is incredible, y'all sounding ? as hell now

Kobe Bryant
    18x All Star
    5x NBA Champ
    15x All-NBA
    12x All-Defensive
    1996-97 All-Rookie
    4x AS MVP
    2x Finals MVP
    2007-08 MVP

SUMMARY
    Career
    Games-1346
    PTS- 25.0
    TRB- 5.2
    AST- 4.7
    Win Shares- 172.7

Clyde Drexler
    Hall of Fame
    10x All Star
    1995 NBA Champ
    5x All-NBA

Career
    Games-1086
    PTS- 20.4
    TRB- 6.1
    AST- 5.6
    WS- 135.6

FOH! Kobe murks Clyde
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilt
    Mj
    Kareem
    Bron
    Magic
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Charles Barkley just said if Lebron wins it this year over GSW, he'd then put Lebron neck and neck with Kobe... rite now he has Kobe over Lebron
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    lol I knew it
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Funny how the greats and legends regard Kobe top 5 yet peons on IC reach for every excuse to hate on the Bean
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Funny how the greats and legends regard Kobe top 5 yet peons on IC reach for every excuse to hate on the Bean

Kobe is the most hated athlete in the black America
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always say Kobe stans rate him too high and Kobe haters rate him too low. I say that as objective as possible because no matter what he's my favorite player ever.

Kobe has had any amazing career but it's still hard to rate him over (in order)

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I'm not ranking Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Dr J, Jerry etc but Kobe without them and where ever you put him is 9th on my list.

Out of thousands that have played Kobe is 9th. Top 10 alone is amazing. I see nothing wrong with that.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I always say Kobe stans rate him too high and Kobe haters rate him too low. I say that as objective as possible because no matter what he's my favorite player ever.

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I'm not ranking Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Dr J, Jerry etc but Kobe without them and where ever you put him is 9th on my list.

Out of thousands that have played Kobe is 9th. Top 10 alone is amazing. I see nothing wrong with that.

Kobe >>>Hakeem, Bird, Shaq, & Duncan tho imho
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I have Sam Jones over Kobe, 10 rings
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I have Sam Jones over Kobe, 10 rings

Fukcboy probably got Horry over MJ too
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

Why is Duncan over kobe I don't get that one. Duncan wasn't pretty up stats for a long time.. How many season did he average of 20ppg
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

Why is Duncan over kobe I don't get that one. Duncan wasn't pretty up stats for a long time.. How many season did he average of 20ppg

5x Champion
    2x MVP
    3x FMVP

Equal rings but he 1 upped him with an additional
    MVP and FMVP

He's avg at least 20ppg 9 times.

In his prime he was avg

24pts 12reb 3.5asts and 2.5blks and is widely considered, hands down, the best PF of all time
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

Bro these dudes are delusional.. that's all, ask them why Hakeem over Kobe... Kobe outcareered both of them... Hakeem lucked up on 2 rings and ? aint got any qualms against him, Duncan was a high level role player last 5 years high key , they give all their fav players passes on their low points in their career but don't want to evaluate the totality of their careers smh