One New Jersey rapper has to go: Redman, Treach or Joe Budden

Options

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Joe is cold, no question there at all, but Naughty is just part of the "coming up" catalog.....my mama knows their ?

Redman is.....Redman
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    I can think of about 5 songs by Naughty By Nature that you could play at a party right now that would have the dance floor packed.

I can think of about 5-10 songs by Redman that you could play right now that would have the dance floor packed.

I can only think of 1 song by Joe Budden that would pack a dance floor.

Whether or not you feel his music is subjective, but the dance floor doesn't lie.
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I can think of about 5 songs by Naughty By Nature that you could play at a party right now that would have the dance floor packed.

I can think of about 5-10 songs by Redman that you could play right now that would have the dance floor packed.

Whether or not you feel his music is subjective, but the dance floor doesn't lie.

But I don't want to hear 10 songs from Redman if i go to a packed dance floor
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Joe Budden would remove himself if given the choice.. I don't blame the cats picking Redman.. He may have been before your time.. But the Funk Doctor is a legend.. If you don't know let me tell you..
  • chompollet
    Options
    Joe Budden
    But 5grand I would not lie.. if i heard this Redman song goin on in a packet club i would start punch people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ2fW9RvfAM
  • chompollet
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Redman on this ? is some GOAT MATERIAL ? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb-SSI9bcFs
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach

now you're lying please name 4 redman songs that pack a dance floor lol please and i love red but cut it out lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach

The dance floor is a terrible measuring stick for how good music is
  • bck145
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Treach
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    JOE BUDDEN IS NOT AN ARTIST IMO...
    HE JUST TALKS ABOUT HIS WACK LIFE ON RECORDS...

TREACH THO...HE'S GOT CLASSICS...
    HE CAN HANG WITH THE BEST LYRICISTS...
    BUT I FEEL LIKE THIS BROTHER'S KEEPER ? HE HAS WITH PAC HAS UNDERMINED HIS LEGACY.

Putting your life in music is actually what music is.....its not just meaningless dribble on a record

WHAT IF JOE'S LIFE ITSELF IS MEANINGLESS? (WHICH I TRULY FEEL IT IS)....
    IT MEANS HIS MUSIC IS MEANINGLESS DRIBBLE AS WELL...

I GET THE WHOLE VENTILATION ON WAX...
    BUT WHEN HE'S THE BIGGER PART OF HIS OWN PROBLEMS...
    ITS HARD TO ME TO TAKE HIS MUSIC SERIOUS...
    NONETHELESS FIND ANY OUNCE OF ENTERTAINMENT VALUE...

Weather you don't like his music or not...someones life and experiences hold more weight than just words to make creative bars

Someone's heart and soul on a song > music for the sake of making music
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach
    Man I didnt realize there were legit Treach fans out there. Hes gotta go easy.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    easy peasy.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden

BUT I FEEL LIKE THIS BROTHER'S KEEPER ? HE HAS WITH PAC HAS UNDERMINED HIS LEGACY.

Putting your life in music is actually what music is.....its not just meaningless dribble on a record

Weather you don't like his music or not...someones life and experiences hold more weight than just words to make creative bars

Ironically this is why Treach is a beast you must not be familiar with his catalog here let me put you onto game about putting truth into a song with out coming off as a whiney ? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcoC4dn0iGY start here and explore the catalog...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Treach
    I like Joe Budden's music too much to take him off for Treach,but Treach was a beast with fast flow and made hits.Treach may be a better artist,but Joe is the better MC and lyricist overall.

Redman is Redman
  • bck145
    Options
    Treach

Ironically this is why Treach is a beast you must not be familiar with his catalog here let me put you onto game about putting truth into a song with out coming off as a whiney ? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcoC4dn0iGY start here and explore the catalog...

I know the catalog and like treach....none of my posts were directed at him....hes just the weakest on the list
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Life ain't about dance floors though, lol
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Joe. Not because, he can't rhyme though. He up against two hands down MC legends.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Never met a budden fan in person
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Weazel wrote: »

No but a rapper's career can be determined by his ability to make club bangers and hits.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach
    Teach, The other two would rap circle around him now. But in his prime Teach was a problem.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No but a rapper's career can be determined by his ability to make club bangers and hits.

Sure, but I definitely prefer a Scarface, Nas, or Kool G Rap over any mumble rapper that has dance floors packed.

I get your point though
  • bck145
    Options
    Treach

No it can not
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Joe Budden

No it can not

Tell that to 50 Cent
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach
    Treach >>>> Andre 3000

Fight me ?
  • bck145
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Treach

No it can not

Tell that to 50 Cent

Who puts 50 cent as a top 5 rap artist? No one but nas in everyone's top 5 and he ain't make club music

By your logic....future,lil jon,ludacris, and nelly are all better than anyone on this list and that's simply not the case