Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    Duncan's career>>>>>>

No thanks fukcboy I'd take Kobe's career>>>
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I always say Kobe stans rate him too high and Kobe haters rate him too low. I say that as objective as possible because no matter what he's my favorite player ever.

Kobe has had any amazing career but it's still hard to rate him over (in order)

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I'm not ranking Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Dr J, Jerry etc but Kobe without them and where ever you put him is 9th on my list.

Out of thousands that have played Kobe is 9th. Top 10 alone is amazing. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why is Duncan over kobe I don't get that one. Duncan wasn't pretty up stats for a long time.. How many season did he average of 20ppg

Bro these dudes are delusional.. that's all, ask them why Hakeem over Kobe... Kobe outcareered both of them... Hakeem lucked up on 2 rings and ? aint got any qualms against him, Duncan was a high level role player last 5 years high key , they give all their fav players passes on their low points in their career but don't want to evaluate the totality of their careers smh

This the ? im talking about ....

Peace_79 wrote: »

How many Rings, MVPs, 1st Teams, you think Kobe would have if he played the prime of his career ...

W/o Shaq ... against MJ in his prime?

• joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I always say Kobe stans rate him too high and Kobe haters rate him too low. I say that as objective as possible because no matter what he's my favorite player ever.

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I'm not ranking Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Dr J, Jerry etc but Kobe without them and where ever you put him is 9th on my list.

Out of thousands that have played Kobe is 9th. Top 10 alone is amazing. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why is Duncan over kobe I don't get that one. Duncan wasn't pretty up stats for a long time.. How many season did he average of 20ppg

Bro these dudes are delusional.. that's all, ask them why Hakeem over Kobe... Kobe outcareered both of them... Hakeem lucked up on 2 rings and ? aint got any qualms against him, Duncan was a high level role player last 5 years high key , they give all their fav players passes on their low points in their career but don't want to evaluate the totality of their careers smh

This the ? im talking about ....

How many Rings, MVPs, 1st Teams, you think Kobe would have if he played the prime of his career ...

W/o Shaq ... against MJ in his prime?

How many rings would Hakeem have if Jordan didn't retire?

How many rings would Lebron have if he wasn't paired with DWade/Bosh and now Kyrie & Love?

How many rings would Shaq have without Kobe?

How many rings would Bird have without McHale and the crew?

How many rings would Duncan have if Pop wasn't his coach?

See, I can do that ? too...u can't take Kobe's career from him he earned every accolade he ever got, outcareer all ur favorite players but 1 maybe 2
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I can ? on you so easy with these posts. Matter of fact, since you ignored it the first time, Im gonna do it again.....

Kobe came in the league with one of the most dominant players in the league history IN HIS PRIME and played with him for 6 seasons as a starter. Credit to Kobe, they got 3 rings in those 6 years and made it back to another Finals til Kobe ran him outta town. Hakeem came into the league to team with Ralph Sampson who had a few good years with him until injuries derailed him and he got shipped outta town. In their 2nd year together, pulled off one of the greatest upsets by knocking off the Showtime Lakers in 5 cause Hakeem played like a machine. They lost in the Finals to one of the greatest teams ever in 6 games where Hakeem held Robert Parish to under 13/7 and had more points, rebounds and blocks than Finals MVP Larry Bird.

Hakeem played his first 10.5 years without a legit star guard until they traded for Clyde in 95 when he was at the tail end of his prime. And what did they do? Win a ring. Imagine if they traded for him years earlier. Or if Houston drafted him in 83 instead of Rodney McCray? They MIGHT've been Shaq N Kobe before Shaq N Kobe.

Hakeem in the playoffs averaged more points, steals and obviously far more blocks/rebounds than Kobe did. Kobe's only slight advantage is assists. Both averaged 2.9 turnovers. Hakeem's numbers improved in the playoffs across the board. Kobe's numbers in the playoffs were identical to his regular season stats despite playing more minutes. And Hakeem led a team full of role players to a ring which is something Kobe never came close to.

And like I said before, if you wanna pull that "Hakeem lucked up on 2 rings" ? I can pull the same with Kobe. MJ was still the man when he retired in 98, Scottie was still ballin and Kukoc was in his prime. If Jordan doesn't retire, everybody stays, including Phil. Which means he doesn't coach the Lakers. The Bulls still draft Ron Artest in 99 with the Suns conditional draft pick and who knows how else their roster changes.

Hakeem can actually say he won a ring in the same postseason Jordan played with the Bulls (1995). He can actually say he swept the team that knocked Jordan's Bulls off. Kobe can never say any of that.

And that Duncan being a role player his last 5 years ? is blasphemy. He made 2 All-Star, 2 All-NBA and 2 All-Defense teams his last 5 years and would've been Finals MVP in 2013 if Leonard and Manu hit their FTs. He was the 2nd best player on a contender his last 5 years until the last year when he finally became a role player. But he was a role player all those years? ? outta here.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duncan is S teir.

Offense was elite
    Defense was elite (true defensive anchor)

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't MJ lose to Shaq in the playoffs when Dream got a ring.

I mean MJ was playing when Dream got one
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

5x Champion
    2x MVP
    3x FMVP

Equal rings but he 1 upped him with an additional
    MVP and FMVP

He's avg at least 20ppg 9 times.

In his prime he was avg

24pts 12reb 3.5asts and 2.5blks and is widely considered, hands down, the best PF of all time

I know what tim duncan did bruh Why did you think I made the comment The last 9 season he didn't ave 20 ppg and he stop ave 10 rebounds the 10-11 season

Where did you get the 24 ppg ave from because that seems to be off when he only ave 25 once and the other seasons were 22&23.
    You bring up tim stats like kobe isn't better.
  • Olorun22
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I can ? on you so easy with these posts. Matter of fact, since you ignored it the first time, Im gonna do it again.....

Kobe came in the league with one of the most dominant players in the league history IN HIS PRIME and played with him for 6 seasons as a starter. Credit to Kobe, they got 3 rings in those 6 years and made it back to another Finals til Kobe ran him outta town. Hakeem came into the league to team with Ralph Sampson who had a few good years with him until injuries derailed him and he got shipped outta town. In their 2nd year together, pulled off one of the greatest upsets by knocking off the Showtime Lakers in 5 cause Hakeem played like a machine. They lost in the Finals to one of the greatest teams ever in 6 games where Hakeem held Robert Parish to under 13/7 and had more points, rebounds and blocks than Finals MVP Larry Bird.

Hakeem played his first 10.5 years without a legit star guard until they traded for Clyde in 95 when he was at the tail end of his prime. And what did they do? Win a ring. Imagine if they traded for him years earlier. Or if Houston drafted him in 83 instead of Rodney McCray? They MIGHT've been Shaq N Kobe before Shaq N Kobe.

Hakeem in the playoffs averaged more points, steals and obviously far more blocks/rebounds than Kobe did. Kobe's only slight advantage is assists. Both averaged 2.9 turnovers. Hakeem's numbers improved in the playoffs across the board. Kobe's numbers in the playoffs were identical to his regular season stats despite playing more minutes. And Hakeem led a team full of role players to a ring which is something Kobe never came close to.

And like I said before, if you wanna pull that "Hakeem lucked up on 2 rings" ? I can pull the same with Kobe. MJ was still the man when he retired in 98, Scottie was still ballin and Kukoc was in his prime. If Jordan doesn't retire, everybody stays, including Phil. Which means he doesn't coach the Lakers. The Bulls still draft Ron Artest in 99 with the Suns conditional draft pick and who knows how else their roster changes.

Hakeem can actually say he won a ring in the same postseason Jordan played with the Bulls (1995). He can actually say he swept the team that knocked Jordan's Bulls off. Kobe can never say any of that.

And that Duncan being a role player his last 5 years ? is blasphemy. He made 2 All-Star, 2 All-NBA and 2 All-Defense teams his last 5 years and would've been Finals MVP in 2013 if Leonard and Manu hit their FTs. He was the 2nd best player on a contender his last 5 years until the last year when he finally became a role player. But he was a role player all those years? ? outta here.

He was though tim duncan was the prime duncan we all can see that but you can convince yourself that your right is you want too
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

5x Champion
    2x MVP
    3x FMVP

Equal rings but he 1 upped him with an additional
    MVP and FMVP

He's avg at least 20ppg 9 times.

In his prime he was avg

24pts 12reb 3.5asts and 2.5blks and is widely considered, hands down, the best PF of all time

I know what tim duncan did bruh Why did you think I made the comment The last 9 season he didn't ave 20 ppg and he stop ave 10 rebounds the 10-11 season

Where did you get the 24 ppg ave from because that seems to be off when he only ave 25 once and the other seasons were 22&23.
    You bring up tim stats like kobe isn't better.

Bro he only averaged the years he wanted to add up smh lmao... I know Kobe averaged 25 a game for his career tho without the funny bidness
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

Shut yo Stephen A long winded ass up with all the "imagine if's"' and "I wonder's" Hakeem gets credit for losing a finals foh! Kobe 5/7 in finals and got 2 without Shaq as we all know so ? that noise... Hakeem never saw rings until MJ took a hiatus when Mike was back in good ole 23 where was the Rockets... Kobe won without the Diesel, all your favorite guys needed help, who got the job done more, Kobe case closed
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dream's career in the Finals
    27.5--10.6--3.4--2.0--3.2 on 48.8% shooting

Kobe's career in the Finals
    25.0--5.3--4.4--1.6--0.7 on 41.2% shooting
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

He was though tim duncan was the prime duncan we all can see that but you can convince yourself that your right is you want too

I dont have to convince myself of ? . Just because you're past your prime that doesn't = role player. Tim Duncan was only a role player for a single year in his career and that was his final year where the team shifted towards Kawhi. Role players dont average 15.5 and 9.5 which is what Duncan averaged 2011-2015. And he was the anchor for one of the best defense in basketball and was still one of the best PF's in the league.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    Tim Duncan's Points and Rebounds in the playoffs from 2012-2015...

17.4 and 9.4
    18.1 and 10.2
    16.3 and 9.2
    17.9 and 11.1

But he was a "role player"? Guess Im gonna have to use this gif twice in one night....

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

17.4 and 9.4
    18.1 and 10.2
    16.3 and 9.2
    17.9 and 11.1

But he was a "role player"? Guess Im gonna have to use this gif twice in one night....

Those are his playoff numbers we all know Pop only unleashed him in postseason action... put up Kobe's post season stats post Shaq while ur at it.. he was a top dog for 20 years compared to Duncan being able to take on a lighter load although being highly effective and being the greatest 4 of all time that I think of him to be...

Up until 2012 Kobe was on a damn rampage and ended his career with a 60 ball for the ? of it... how many 40-50-60 point games do your fav players have over this man... Kobe was an all the time player, not just a postseason player... Kobe wasn't the number 1 pick overall obvious get, he was the 13th pick who worked harder than anybody
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In his prime he did avg about 24. I wasn't about to add the ? up. Should I have said 23? Would that have made a difference?

Ok my bad 23 12 3 and 2.5blks. I'm still taking Timmy

Big men tend to break down faster than guards. That's why I took the numbers that I did. So if you take Timmy in his prime and Kobe in his prime his numbers, to me, his numbers are better and he was the anchor for the Spurs.

@joeyfkncrakk I know what the ? I did. That's why I said prime. Cut that ? out. ? riding is a horrible form of transportation.

Tim Duncan has had a better career than Kobe it's just that simple.

Not hypothetically. No what ifs, no make believe scenarios.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options

17.4 and 9.4
    18.1 and 10.2
    16.3 and 9.2
    17.9 and 11.1

Those are his playoff numbers we all know Pop only unleashed him in postseason action... put up Kobe's post season stats post Shaq while ur at it.. he was a top dog for 20 years compared to Duncan being able to take on a lighter load although being highly effective and being the greatest 4 of all time that I think of him to be...

Up until 2012 Kobe was on a damn rampage and ended his career with a 60 ball for the ? of it... how many 40-50-60 point games do your fav players have over this man... Kobe was an all the time player, not just a postseason player... Kobe wasn't the number 1 pick overall obvious get, he was the 13th pick who worked harder than anybody
    lol @ Pop only unleashing Timmy in the playoffs when he was averaging almost 16 and 10 in the regular season during that 4 year span in his late 30s. That's what great players do. They step it up in the playoffs. Timmy was getting more minutes and putting up better numbers in the playoffs in the late 90s/early 2000s when he was still in his prime and winning league MVPs too LOL

I aint posting Shaq's numbers cause Shaq aint the one in question. Kobe is. Shaq in his prime>>Duncan in his prime even tho Duncan was a better passer and defender. Shaq in his prime got buckets at will, so I can't be mad if someone puts him over Timmy. But Timmy had the better career and was a far better teammate, so I gave him the edge. They were 1a and 1b in the Post Jordan era til Lebron took over. They met in the playoffs 5 times in 6 years and Timmy and Shaq both gave each other all they could handle. Difference was Shaq had a #2 superstar who went off and Timmy didnt. That and Derrick Fisher's 0.4 shot.

Once again all you have in Kobe's favor is his scoring which is what he did. He was a scorer. He had 60 points in the last game of his career and took 50 shots to get it. That's the story of Kobe's career. lol He was a bigger and slightly better shooting version of A.I. Is Allen Iverson better than Duncan cause he took a lot of shots and scored more points? Is Tracy McGrady too?

And Kobe was drafted at #13 for a few reasons. He was one of the first players to go straight from the NBA to High School so some teams were worried if he could make the transition. Despite that, the Nets were still gonna draft him at #8, but he started a rumor that he'd go play in Italy if the Lakers didnt draft him. He forced his way into the #13 spot. Kobe started his NBA career a year before Duncan despite being 2 years younger than him. That's 2 more years that Kobe got to play in the NBA and get adapted to it coming off the bench. Kobe aint getting extra credit for that. Duncan didn't even start playing basketball til High School.
  • Olorun22
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

I dont have to convince myself of ? . Just because you're past your prime that doesn't = role player. Tim Duncan was only a role player for a single year in his career and that was his final year where the team shifted towards Kawhi. Role players dont average 15.5 and 9.5 which is what Duncan averaged 2011-2015. And he was the anchor for one of the best defense in basketball and was still one of the best PF's in the league.

15 and 9 are role players number wtf are you talking about.. those aren't even elite numbers and you're delusional
  • Olorun22
    edited May 2017
    Options

17.4 and 9.4
    18.1 and 10.2
    16.3 and 9.2
    17.9 and 11.1

Not impressive numbers bro lol ? brazy.. well the rebounding is good but the ppg isn't...

Tim has finished out of top 10 rebounding since 09-10 season
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited May 2017
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

15 and 9 are role players number wtf are you talking about.. those aren't even elite numbers and you're delusional

Hell yeah bro keep cooking these ? ... the blasphemy is ridiculous...
  • Olorun22
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

You flag my last post lol
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bron
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe

You flag my last post lol

lol I intended for the ether... don't trip bro keep smacking fools up
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Nah I was driving from work don't get too happy fukcboy... moving forward yet another cosign that completely ethers all u haters once again... wait for it... Wait for it...

"I don't think he's [LeBron] surpassed Kobe [Bryant] at all, no," Pippen said. "And I don't think he [LeBron] should be compared to either of those players [Jordan or Bryant] because they play different positions.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ^^^
    This is what Scottie thinks...

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/05/20/alonzo-mourning-says-scottie-pippen-says-lebron-would-kick-jordans-ass/amp/

Microsoft store in Miami and got asked the inevitable “LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan” question. Now, remember that Mourning is a member of the Heat organization — he has a dog in this fight. His money quote:

“I’m gonna tell you what Scottie said. Scottie said that LeBron would kick MJ’s ass. And I said, ‘Scottie, you’re right.’”

What was that ? you were talking again? And Scottie hustled out of millions. His judgement ain't always best.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The more I think about it Kobe is lucky if he's top 15, take your top 10 and close this stupid thread already, this dude ? been getting ethered for 15 pages