The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait to see the excuse that bronsexuals make when they lose to the warriors
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GS in 5....Maybe 4
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Last year:

Iggy back injury
    Bogut knee injury in game 5
    Draymond suspended for game 5
    Curry lingering knee injury
    Harrison Barnes 9ppg 31% 3's 35% fg in the finals

Took all of this for the cavs to comeback from 3-1.Seems people forgot the factors

durant has replaced barnes.Keep talking bout last year all you shannon sharpe ass ? gonna learn.Better pray the warriors get an injury

Or 2015 when the Cavs were missing Love and Kyrie and it still took the Warriors 6 games to beat them?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Last year:

Iggy back injury

Took all of this for the cavs to comeback from 3-1.Seems people forgot the factors

durant has replaced barnes.Keep talking bout last year all you shannon sharpe ass ? gonna learn.Better pray the warriors get an injury

Or 2015 when the Cavs were missing Love and Kyrie and it still took the Warriors 6 games to beat them?

Cavs without kyrie and love had the #1 defense in the playoffs those injuries helped cleveland it put tristan and delladova in the starting lineup.Those injuries weren't a factor when they swept a 60 win hawks team but they're a convenient excuse for the finals.Warriors woulda beat them with love and kyrie too
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol @ anybody thinking a team that has won 27 out their last 28 games and faced tougher defenses in the playoffs about to lose 4 out 7.Injuries the cavs only hope, warriors gonna try to sweep them.Kyrie and lebron can average 70 together and it won't matter the cavs weak ass defense cannot stop the warriors.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll can't wait to see that Tristan vs magee match up. Who will be more physically sound?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I also love how ? forgot 82 games and an MVP caliber year, dozens of 4th Quarter Performances, the first two rounds of the playoffs, and a 50 Pt Performance in a Pivotal game.

Ball Movement and Role Players playing with some fire works with star players not being injured too.

That's the takeaway from IT being out.

Long Term Strategy for the Cs is a different conversation, altogether.

It doesent hinge on two games at the end of a season.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats up with this TT Mcgee talk? If the finals come down to that match up, we in for some ? . Both teams got too much fire power for a match up like that to determine the outcome.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    I also love how ? forgot 82 games and an MVP caliber year, dozens of 4th Quarter Performances, the first two rounds of the playoffs, and a 50 Pt Performance in a Pivotal game.

Ball Movement and Role Players playing with some fire works with star players not being injured too.

If rondo doesnt get hurt...they out in the first

FACTS
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »

If rondo doesnt get hurt...they out in the first

FACTS

You are arguing a point I didn't make
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Last year:

Iggy back injury - looking even more injured this year
    Bogut knee injury in game 5 - no longer with the team, and I couldn't be happier that they have so much faith in Javale McGee.
    Draymond suspended for game 5 - this ? is chess not checkers...don't nobody give a ?
    Curry lingering father and son relationship w/Kyrie
    Harrison Barnes 9ppg 31% 3's 35% fg in the finals - Klay Thompson's decline even this out...

Took all of this for the cavs to comeback from 3-1....and it still ain't enough excuses...no excuse for blowing a 3-1 lead...? is weak..

durant has replaced barnes.....and all we have to go on is last year...when we fathered these ? ....so keep the buh, buh but,...

Fixed
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Steph & Draymond gotta stay outta foul trouble.

Dubs in 6
    KD MVP
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Last year:

Iggy back injury

Bron's usage rate was way too high but that's the best way he plays. They put Bron in the middle and surrounded him with shooters. He got to dictate the everything. Tristan and Mozgov got to eat on the boards because it was literally just them two fighting on the glass.

It's the same way the Cavs came back against the Pacers when they were down 26. Love and Kyrie weren't in the game for a reason. Give Bron the ball and everybody get the ? out the way.

Cavs defense was better because they didn't have Love as a liability in the pick and roll and got to start Delly on Curry.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year:

Iggy back injury

I agree and with all this logical​ ? Bron still had them up 2-1 with ? from. The Knicks

The Cavs still have the best player in the league the warriors should wash the Cavs but I'ma just wait and see I just want a good series this ? ending in 4-5 ain't good for any of us
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year:

Iggy back injury

If that ? would couple of shots, the warriors would won in 5 straight up. That ? dead ass pulled a James harden. ? was astounding.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can think of multiple players that are/were like IT on some level that were washed or out of the league between 30 34 years old but cant think of a single example of anyone like him on any level that was still playing at an above average league level at 34 years old

allen iverson (being nice here as he is 4 inches taller) - elite player at 27 and shell of himself at 32, out of the league at 34

nate robinson (same height but not same talent) - peaked at 27/28, out of the league at 31

jameer nelson (not much of a comparison other than size and not a real distributor, not nearly the scorer obviously) peaked at 26 and shell of himself by 31 years old --minimum level player since and likely done at 34 years old

mike bibby - peaked at 27 years old, shell of himself at 31 and out of the league at 33

damon stoudamire - seemed to peak at 27 and declined but had an anomaly at 31 and shell of himself the next season and out of the league at 34

kyle lowly - peaking at 27-30 but injuries are hitting and is likely about to face a hard fall at 30 years old -- lets see how this goes the next 3 years

the small guards who last until their late 30s are all distributor and defensive types like a john stockton or steve nash -- none of the pure scorers who dont play defense or distribute the ball last and the reality is IT is mediocre at best when it comes to a PG and his entire value is based on the ability to out quick and out angle at his size and stay healthy

he just isnt a guy who i would throw $200m+ at over 5 years

ainge should try and gauge the market for IT while his value is at its highest
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    BDBIID wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It was a miracle when Cleveland came back from 3-1 last year. It's gonna take Death himself coming for KD and Curry for Cleveland to win this. GS in 5.

There is only one basketball. Plus last I checked KD has to defend LeBron and Curry got to guard Kyrie. I still think Clevelands size will be the difference. McGee nor Zaza keeping Love or Thompson off them boards.

Out of 16 playoff teams GS ranked 2nd in postseason rebounds per game. Cleveland 10th.
    2 GS opponents ranked top 5. SA 3rd, Portland 5th. Indy, Cle's highest opponent was 10th.

Drop another alternative fact.

SA averaged 87 shots per game. Portland averaged 89 shots per game. IND shot 87 shots per game. GS averages 85 shots.

Bos averaged 84, and Toronto 79 shots per game. Cleveland averages 80 shots.

It makes sense that if teams shoot the ball less, there's gonna be less rebounds available.

Regular season GS 7th. Cle 12th

Move the goalpost again.

See I respect MallyG for just saying he riding with Bron because he riding with Bron. I respect honesty.

Ironically the only ? making up hot takes and false narratives are you no team LeBron is king where he go I go ? .

Just be real and say I expect a bunch of outlier things to happen and Cleveland wins. Because that would be accurate, instead of embarrassing yourself with fake takes.

Talking about fake takes lol...? nothing you said has anything to do with your original post.
    You posting playoff rebounding numbers like you really was saying something.

Pace of play determines how many rebounds are available. If two teams are putting up 90 shots a piece, let's be generous and say they both shoot 50 percent, that's 90 rebounds up for grabs. In contrast two teams put up 80 shots a piece, in the same circumstance there's gonna be 10 less rebounds available.

You added all of that other ? that has nothing to do with your original post ( typical strawman, and appeal to emotions weak argument ? lol you would be a terrible lawyer) to try and save face. Lol ? gonna go pull up regular season rebounding like pace of play doesn't factor into that either lmao. It's not by coincidence that the teams with low shot attempts are at the bottom for rebounds.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the excuse that bronsexuals make when they lose to the warriors
    ? ! Bhwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah lmao
  • AZTG
    Options
    Celtics fans, check out this scenario. I hear that Hayward is pretty much a lock to go to the Celtics. Lets say that does happen.

Once yall got Hayward, would yall be down to trade lets say a combo of IT, the #1 pick this year, and lets say crowder, avery or smart for PG or Butler? That will give yall a core of Hayward, PG/Butler, Horford, and most of yall current bench, and all under a great coach.

Would be an interesting shakeup. Everyone is acting like if the Cs get Hayward they gonna be out on PG or Butler, but I wouldnt be suprised if they go ahead and trade for one of them if they get Hayward
  • AZTG
    Options
    Regardless though, I cant see IT getting a max from Boston.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where are you hearing Hayward is a lock to go to Boston?
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3-15 from 3pt in games 5-7

5-24 fg in games 5-7

thats what harrison barnes was doing

his jumpers in last years finals were turnovers

had the entire 1st row ducking for safety

lebron no longer has the luxury to rest on defense -- he wont be able to roam -- hes gonna have to expound energy on both ends of the court like they do steph -- lebron is gonna have his hands full trying to guard kd because while the narrative seems to be that lebron is kd kryptonite -- that couldnt be further from the truth -- from a win/loss standpoint yes but make no mistake about it

kd can get buckets on lebron

been doing it since he was 23 in the 2012 finals + i dont think the cavs defense is good enough right now for lebron to be able to control the pace of the game like he was able to last year

warriors in 6

anyone want to paypal bet?

i got the warriors in 6

if it go 7 you win no matter the result
  • AZTG
    Options
    Where are you hearing Hayward is a lock to go to Boston?

Amin El Hassan said everyone in the NBA circle believes he is a lock to go to Boston. I didnt take it as a sure thing to be honest, just thought its something to talk about with a week left before the finals.