The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'VE COME TO BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Just in case nobody heard, Hugh Jackman said he would put the claws back on only if marvel studios had something to do with it.

I ? with Hugh Jackman.

#FreeTheXmen
    #FreeFantasticFour
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sho do miss Zoe Kravitz sexy ass as Angel Salvadore.
    art-353-zoekravitz-200x0.jpg

angelsalvadore-xmenfirstclass-6.jpeg

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sho do miss Zoe Kravitz sexy ass as Angel Salvadore.
    art-353-zoekravitz-200x0.jpg

angelsalvadore-xmenfirstclass-6.jpeg

No ass whatsoever
    What else you got
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally caught Logan and loved it. Perfect way for Jackman to hang up the claws. Too bad the rest of the X franchise outside of Deadpool is a trainwreck
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix Director & Returning Cast Confirmed

The X-Men movies have officially found the director who will take the franchise cosmic.

Simon Kinberg is officially confirmed to direct X-Men: Dark Phoenix for 20th Century Fox. Kinberg has been a writer and/or producer on several X-Men movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Logan, as well as upcoming films New Mutants and Deadpool 2. This will be his directorial debut.

Fox also confirmed that the stars of X-Men: Apocalypse will return for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. This includes Jennifer Lawrence as Raven/Mystique, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto, James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/Professor X, Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast, Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers/Cyclops, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler.

Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the role of Lilandra, Majestrix of the Shi'ar Empire, one of the major political and military powers of the Marvel universe.

Kinberg was previously rumored to be making his directorial debut on X-Men: Dark Phoenix, though when asked about the matter at the time he would only say such rumors were premature. Kinberg is taking over for Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) and the most recent two X-Men movies (X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse). Singer is stepping away from the franchise to pursue other films.

The matter of Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult's returns was up in the air following X-Men: Apocalypse. Each actor's three-film contract was up with the completion of the trilogy begun in X-Men: First Class and Lawrence, in particular, had been vocal about her desire to leave the franchise. It seems all four have renegotiated to return, though the terms of their new deals remain unknown.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix currently has a 3.72 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating. Let us know how excited you are for X-Men: Dark Phoenix by giving the film your own user anticipation rating below.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be a direct sequel to X-Men: Apocalypse. The film will take place in the 1990s and will be inspired by "The Dark Phoenix Saga," the most popular X-Men story of all time.

Fox attempted to adapt "The Dark Phoenix Saga" once previously, in X-Men: The Last Stand. The attempt was not well-received by fans.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/14/x-men-dark-phoenix-simon-kinberg-cast/
  • Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dope that McAvoy and Fass are back. They are the shining light of the new timeline. Also I need them to cater to my Jessica Chastain crush by putting Lilandra in nothing BUT skimpy outfits por favor.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    aslong as it aint Bryan Singer.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Big movie for his Directorial debut.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we get one xmen movie without magneto in it. 6 x men films and they all have magneto in it. they phoenix saga had nothing to do with magneto why is he in this movie?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    can we get one xmen movie without magneto in it. 6 x men films and they all have magneto in it. they phoenix saga had nothing to do with magneto why is he in this movie?

Cause he makes money
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Cause he makes money
    Beta wrote: »
    ? magneto was the best part of atleast 3 movies lol

don't make excuses for Hollywood being lazy.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why you ? ? Magneto is dope whether it's Ian Mckellan or Michael Fassbender playin him
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Cause he makes money
    Beta wrote: »
    ? magneto was the best part of atleast 3 movies lol

don't make excuses for Hollywood being lazy.

Take out Magneto and the franchise loses money. Come on man, you should know that.
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Y'all some idiots i'm sick of seeing the same villian in every movie i'm the movie goer i'm the consumer why should i give a ? about the revenue that money aint hitting my pockets were being played and ripped off becauese they basically gave us the same damn thing for six movies in a different package. The x men have more enemies than magneto they need to use the ? . What the ? did magneto have to do with the phoenix saga anyway? I hope they have more members on that roster also because that line up sucks.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Y'all some idiots i'm sick of seeing the same villian in every movie i'm the movie goer i'm the consumer why should i give a ? about the revenue that money aint hitting my pockets were being played and ripped off becauese they basically gave us the same damn thing for six movies in a different package. The x men have more enemies than magneto they need to use the ? . What the ? did magneto have to do with the phoenix saga anyway? I hope they have more members on that roster also because that line up sucks.

Ain't enough of you super nerdy ? to turn a profit with less popular characters
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2017
    Options

okay but when the next movie sucks and is as all over the place as x-men apocalypse I won't say I told you so. this franchise died with x men apocalypse that's two times they dropped the ball on the third movie. the first class trilogy had so much promise. they had a chance to start fresh with a reboot and they do this ? . i'm sorry if you disagree but its too much magneto they may as well called all six movies wolverine and magneto because that's what its been basically with a little bit of mr look what I can do(quicksilver) i'm sick of magneto why not use mr sinister.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I disliked apacolypse. I wouldn't consider it x3 status though lol.

I understand both sides of the argument, would be dope to get more of a variety, but magneto in the movie universe is a anti hero and a huge player in the xmen universe. I dunno what his motive will be in the movie, but I know phoenix can't be contained and they will need someone like magneto to help stop it from destroying everything
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

okay but when the next movie sucks and is as all over the place as x-men apocalypse I won't say I told you so. this franchise died with x men apocalypse that's two times they dropped the ball on the third movie. the first class trilogy had so much promise. they had a chance to start fresh with a reboot and they do this ? . i'm sorry if you disagree but its too much magneto they may as well called all six movies wolverine and magneto because that's what its been basically with a little bit of mr look what I can do(quicksilver) i'm sick of magneto why not use mr sinister.

wait, so you're complaining about BOTH the fact that Magneto is a villain in every film AND that Apocalypse wasn't a good film? You know, the film that had Apocalypse, Storm, and Psylocke as villains as well.

Come to think of it, Magneto wasn't even the villain in either First Class or Days of Future Past until the last act of both.

Your arguments flawed bruh
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magneto...........whaat the ? does MYSTIQUE have to do with this story line. This movie took an L already before filming LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hella mutants that shouldn't even be there smh. It's supposed to be about wolverine, cyclops, professor X, jean, rogue, and storm as support. None of them actually matter in the foX - men universe though. Half of the team have all been replaced by Mystique(WTF?), quick silver(WTF?), and beast(why is he a main character now?). Once again, where the ? is gambit, rogue, Ice man, jubilee, and Night crawler? Why are they side characters?

I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think something is not right behind the scenes. Why would you change something so drastically. To a point where most fans wont really recognize their favorite comic/cartoon? How do you replace the main character of the good guys with a side henchman villain? Somebody is doing this on purpose, the truth is far more sinister
    giphy.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Fox released a schedule for six untitled Marvel films through 2021
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Don't care. I just want info on Legion season 2. C'mon Fox. Throw us a bone.