Options
    Krit Wuz Here
    Kush & OJ
    FNL
    OD
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread reminds me how hard Wiz fell. Dude never was the same after Kush & OJ
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk what folks see in Kush n oj

Taylor allerdice his hardest ? to me n really made me put respeck on his name
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wiz put in work on Kush & OJ , Taylor Allderdice, and Cabin Fever......i can rock any three of those on a good day......people just get annoyed with weed references all the time i guess. Those 3 are all solid mixtapes.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wiz put in work on Kush & OJ , Taylor Allderdice, and Cabin Fever......i can rock any three of those on a good day......people just get annoyed with weed references all the time i guess. Those 3 are all solid mixtapes.

It has nothing to do with weed references to me.

Im a Devin the Dude fan.

I just have no idea what ppl see in Wiz.

One of the worst flows all time to me
  • Logical Truths
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Im a Devin the Dude fan.

He kinda like devin tho......he just put u in a certain place that make you happy.

Devin be dropping more real knowledge than Wiz tho I admit
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Im a Devin the Dude fan.

He kinda like devin tho......he just put u in a certain place that make you happy.

Devin be dropping more real knowledge than Wiz tho I admit

Other than they both potheads i dont see the comparison

But people always make it.

IMO Devin light years ahead of wiz, wiz just not for me
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? hating on wiz when in 2010- 2012 Wiz is when he was at his best.

Kush and OJ was a classic

Overly Dedicated was good but Kendrick really came into his own on Section 80

KRIT wuz Here is still a classic. Friday Night Lights should have been J Cole's album debut instead of mixtape
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember listening to O.D. and getting put off by Kenny's voice

plus the intro on the first song made me think he was white so ya know
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    funny thing is I don't think Cole has topped FNL either

and I dunno if he will since he seems to be going in a more conscious direction with each album
  • Logical Truths
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

and I dunno if he will since he seems to be going in a more conscious direction with each album

He put his most effort in that project. Easily one of the best mixtapes of all time. Woulda been arguably a classic debut album easily
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Cosign that Cole never has topped FNL. Sucks because im a fan and i see him get more & more sales every album but i personally keep waiting for him get back to that point.

So far in his career it looks to me like he peaked early. Where Kendrick & Krit seem to keep growing and getting better.

As far as Kendrick goes OD is when i 1st heard him and i loved that tape. I will agree that Section80 is a better project as a whole but OD's highs were higher for me that Section80's.

P&P1.5, Ignorance is Bliss,R.O.T.C., Growing Apart, Barbed Wire, & The Heart pt2 are some of my favorite tracks he ever did.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    OD first time i ever heard Jhene Aiko too
  • Logical Truths
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cosign that Cole never has topped FNL. Sucks because im a fan and i see him get more & more sales every album but i personally keep waiting for him get back to that point.

So far in his career it looks to me like he peaked early. Where Kendrick & Krit seem to keep growing and getting better.

As far as Kendrick goes OD is when i 1st heard him and i loved that tape. I will agree that Section80 is a better project as a whole but OD's highs were higher for me that Section80's.

P&P1.5, Ignorance is Bliss,R.O.T.C., Growing Apart, Barbed Wire, & The Heart pt2 are some of my favorite tracks he ever did.

https://youtu.be/RT2ZCdPVLAs

That was my joint off section 80 right there. Kendrick that dude. I gotta go back and listen to OD and see if something can top that. I gotta go back and listen to OD and see if something can top that. Hiipower was str8 realness
  • Logical Truths
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Logical Truths
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

He put his most effort in that project. Easily one of the best mixtapes of all time. Woulda been arguably a classic debut album easily

surprised they didn't do what cash money did with drake's so far gone, and cut the songs that are over other people's beats/songs and release the originals as an EP.

maybe they didn't because cole didn't have a hit off FNL like Drake did with Best I Ever Had