Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kanye should've did his research before he spit that line

? them old dead white ?
    Most whites think Africa is a country, if they ? up our history, we can to theirs. Kanye don't gotta research ?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

? them old dead white ?
    Most whites think Africa is a country, if they ? up our history, we can to theirs. Kanye don't gotta research ?

Lol ok
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

School me. What was wrong with that line?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

You called me intelligent not too long ago, school yourself chump
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

300poster.jpg

It's Spartans.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe he did it on purpose so it can rhyme . Shouldn't have even used the line at all
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

300poster.jpg

It's Spartans.

Which are Greek. Not Roman...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You called me intelligent not too long ago, school yourself chump

Actually I said I was, "still waiting for you to say something intelligent".

I'm still waiting .
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    It's probably one of cyhi's lines
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great question made me do some research. Thought this was interesting from RG/KTT

"Trapped in a theater like ? "... as you may already know, in real life, ? was never actually trapped in a theater. He died in a bunker. Kanye is referencing the movie "Inglorious ? ". Kanye isn't referencing real life, he's referencing the media's version of real life.

Another line goes like "300 like the Romans..." Now, he's referencing another movie loosely based on real life, "300". In real life, the forces of the 300 didn't belong to the Romans, it belonged to Greece. He's deliberately mistaking reality for his own version of it.

Kanye deliberately referenced two historical events, that had famous movies based on them, and referenced the media's version of these real events, as opposed to what actually happened. By doing so, Kanye is making an extended metaphor on how real life can be altered by the media, a concept which correlates to his own life (how the media perceives him as an ? , etc).

By doing so, Kanye is making his own version of REALITY with this song. These themes may be extended within the album. Since he calls himself a ? in "I Am ? ", the album might be about his own shaping of reality. His version of the world, since he is a ? . During "Black Skinhead", since he is ? , he can alter reality and perceive it the way he wants to.

All the movie references actually have a bigger meaning. He's talking about how the media (ie movies) can alter the perception of things. The King Kong line is a reference to how the media perceives his relationship with Kim. They portray him as the giant ape, trying to kidnap the white woman..."

300=CCC=cool calm collected

Y'all think Hes being this deep?
    At the least I think it's a hot line that fits the song
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    emaculate wrote: »
    Great question made me do some research. Thought this was interesting from RG/KTT

"Trapped in a theater like ? "... as you may already know, in real life, ? was never actually trapped in a theater. He died in a bunker. Kanye is referencing the movie "Inglorious ? ". Kanye isn't referencing real life, he's referencing the media's version of real life.

Another line goes like "300 like the Romans..." Now, he's referencing another movie loosely based on real life, "300". In real life, the forces of the 300 didn't belong to the Romans, it belonged to Greece. He's deliberately mistaking reality for his own version of it.

Kanye deliberately referenced two historical events, that had famous movies based on them, and referenced the media's version of these real events, as opposed to what actually happened. By doing so, Kanye is making an extended metaphor on how real life can be altered by the media, a concept which correlates to his own life (how the media perceives him as an ? , etc).

By doing so, Kanye is making his own version of REALITY with this song. These themes may be extended within the album. Since he calls himself a ? in "I Am ? ", the album might be about his own shaping of reality. His version of the world, since he is a ? . During "Black Skinhead", since he is ? , he can alter reality and perceive it the way he wants to.

All the movie references actually have a bigger meaning. He's talking about how the media (ie movies) can alter the perception of things. The King Kong line is a reference to how the media perceives his relationship with Kim. They portray him as the giant ape, trying to kidnap the white woman..."

REACH....
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Come ooooon
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

I don't think this is that far fetched. If you look at "all of the lights", "flashing lights", "street lights", "ultralight beam" , and "low lights"... You see Kanye has consistently used the word light to alternatively mean "hollywood lights" vs. Light of the lord/truth In the biblical sense for song titles and concepts

I'm not saying everything in that paragraph you say is true, however, the interplay between Hollywood, reality, inner demons, and ? are consistently explored in kanyes music.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stopped reading at " deliberately "
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I remember someone in his camp said "Yeezus gonna be a real pro black album" after this and New Slaves dropped. ? was way off base. Still dope tho