Wale "Shine" Album Discussion Out now

Options

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Damn 20k first week is terrible. I mean ik the album is ? but hate its gotta happen to Wale. I predict the next album is dope tho

SMH game just did 30k wit physical copies on deck....wale did 20k wit no hard copies available plus wale ain't worried about sells cuz he's a father now & he's gonna eat off the tour...
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    after a few more listens i ? with 8 outta of 14 songs slightly above album...the metaphors and word play on cc white is crazy​

When cc white flips @ the end of the trak is so dope.........this album ain't as bad as folks on here tryna make it...but out of all wale mmg albums this is @ the bottom taan is still folarin best album out his mmg catalog Imo...

Uh Atlantic backed the album thats a flop for a major label. Game is independent. Either way i hope Wale succeeds
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Says Game sold 30k with hard copies and says Wale did 20k with none available yet his fat greasy hands is holding a copy of that garbage
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Says Game sold 30k with hard copies and says Wale did 20k with none available yet his fat greasy hands is holding a copy of that garbage

How is ya fat white Mexican George Lopez ? ass even a mod not knowing the physical copies just came out this past Friday on the og release date?.. Gtfoh ? !
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I hope they find a cure for autism, MMGee
  • gee757
    Options

The only ? is u ? cuz shine came out online on 4/28 the physical copies didn't drop til 5/5 thats y im holding that hard copy u dumb ?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is straight doo doo grits and this is coming from a fan since pre-A.D.

Only tracks I ? with are Fashion Week (for those that don't like it, I reckon if you hear it in a club setting you may change your mind cause the beat knocks), CC White, DNA (song could have been better than it actually is), Smile....and that's me being generous on my critique

• gee757
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Damn 20k first week is terrible. I mean ik the album is ? but hate its gotta happen to Wale. I predict the next album is dope tho

SMH game just did 30k wit physical copies on deck....wale did 20k wit no hard copies available plus wale ain't worried about sells cuz he's a father now & he's gonna eat off the tour...
    after a few more listens i ? with 8 outta of 14 songs slightly above album...the metaphors and word play on cc white is crazy​

When cc white flips @ the end of the trak is so dope.........this album ain't as bad as folks on here tryna make it...but out of all wale mmg albums this is @ the bottom taan is still folarin best album out his mmg catalog Imo...

lmaoooo

Stannery knows no bounds

How is that stanning u geek?? wale is on tour now he don't depend on record sells 2 eat..

The only ? is u ? cuz shine came out online on 4/28 the physical copies didn't drop til 5/5 thats y im holding that hard copy u dumb ?

Lyin ass batch
    30vyb69sw5k3.png

Gtfoh he must've​ pre ordered or something cuz shine was not n stores on 4/28..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did anyone drop the needledrop review video? apparently wale had twitter beef with him over his thoughts on the album lmao
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after a few more listens i ? with 8 outta of 14 songs slightly above album...the metaphors and word play on cc white is crazy

I went from instant disappointment to feeling most of this album after a few spins.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rather listen to Drogas Light
  • gee757
    Options
    Y'all clowns post up receipts showing y'all copped the hardcopy of shine B4 the 5th....idgaf about that 1 tweet I went to Target & they said they wasn't getting the CD til the og release date 5/5..
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is his worst album
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album came and went. He doesn't have a single to carry the album either. Damn shame he flopped this bad.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah playboy the beast's album was better
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He a lupe fiasco
  • gee757
    Options
    He a lupe fiasco

Nah...but wale is spitting on shyne the album ain't garbage
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He a lupe fiasco

No the ? he's not no ? Lupe Fiasco. Lupe has 3 quality albums, while Wale has a couple "aiight" joints. ? still hasn't lived up to his More About Nothing tape.

His first joint was ok and Ambition was ok. That's it. His last 3 joints range from forgettable to outright trash.
  • gee757
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Of course a ? ? like infamous would wack a video full of bad ? ...smh

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course a ? ? like infamous would wack a video full of bad ? ...smh

Maybe he hit wack because the song is wack -- which it is. A video of Sanaa Lathan kissing Nia Long won't magically make a song good. It'll just make for a helluva video.

He did a terrible job with the Caribbean sound. ? is basic as ? and his lyricism is uninspired -- like he phoned it in. Whole album is a disappointment.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Like Water how dare you click wack on my post. You still mad Playboy The Beast ? on wack ass Wale?

@grumpy_new_yorker is 30 and he doesn't listen to mainstream rap. You should follow his example.