Supergirl

Options

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect Supergirl and mon el being real life couples could be a reason why the storylines are the way they are
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL OK, you two are confirmed beta males. Y'all completely dodged the main points in my post again, wow!!!! It's like I'm going back and forth with a crazy ass modern day feminist. It's like I'm watching a fox news interview. I'm faaar from the only person who's noticing all this ? . Are y'all choosing to ignore the obvious? Or did you guys just get completely owned and refuse to take an L and now you resort to trolling? It's a classic modern day feminist tactic that they use when they are backed into a corner. I can't take y'all serious smh.

I speak on women being superior to men in every way on this show. This cat brings ups supergirl beating up and saving men........? What the flying ? ?

Then he asks if I'm familiar with the canon material. Talks about how she's faster than superman and takes in yellow sun faster. ? said "in essence" she's more powerful lol!!!!!!!!!!! Supergirl < Superman, who doesn't know this? Does he also know that superman always holds back and never unleashes his full power? Because if he did he would destroy the city. Furthermore, superman has been exposed to the sun and had his powers waaay longer. Does he read the source material? How come he didn't address superman bowing down to kara like he wasn't even in her league? He said she was the champion of earth now. He was still walking around hurt like he just had a fight with Lobo, Bizzaro, Darkseid, or Doomsday. While she was perfectly fine. They went out of their way to make sure we knew he was at full power. They even put zod in there to further point out that he was going all out. Last, she knocked a fully powered superman out cold! How could all of this just be ignored?

He says Green Arrow has yet to get Black Canary right. He must have missed some seasons because he's not even speaking on the original Canary lol!!!!! He's talking about her weak ass sister who took over after she got murked.

His last point made no sense at all. Starts talking about their looks......WHERE DID THAT EVEN COME FROM? Then he says Mr fabulous gayness is promoted more than supergirls whole story line of gayness.....WOW!!!

Last, Power girl has been brought into this lol. Wow, can you say, reaching. Y'all suck at debates, just stop!! Power Girl is not more powerful either. Unless something has changed(aint really ? with the new 52 like that), there's no solid proof of her being stronger either.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lmao @ these labels yet you're the one complaining about what amounts to a soap opera with superheros being too soap operaish. Like do you know what you're even getting into with these shows.

My g you the one acting soft by doing that and also judging people who you only shallowly know. I am not gonna sit here and type an essay about something as inconsequential in my life as LGBT rights or 3rd wave feminism. Why should I? Cause you're threatened by it for some reason? Man the ? up then b.

I will type an essay now though just to clarify and entertain your BS. Especially since you're trying to besmirch my name without having your facts straight. I live and let live and will die for anyone to have the same liberty. I have people in my life afflicted by these things but I don't care about either issue enough to type pro or con arguments about it.

I believe in reason and common sense. Fact: ? people are a more vocal thing in the world today because more people feel more emboldened to be themselves it's not that something was put in the water or anything.

They were always already there just not always out to the world cause of senseless intolerance which is clearly still real. So yeah surprise surprise a network that has worn it's pro LGBT and woman's rights stance on it's sleeves is making sure it has something relatable to those demos as well what a shocker.

Ok so a show in liberal ass hollywood is pushing liberal ass agendas. Good going Scooby-Doo I guess you found gold in the middle of mars even though it's a tired trope the rest of us have put up with across the last 2 decades across all media.

You're not being revolutionary or pointing out something that we haven't seen on the internet hundreds of thousands of times since the days of AOL chat. So again wtf would be the point? I come in here to discuss Supergirl. Not my issues with the world. I suggest you start doing the same. You might sleep better at night.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Alright this how systematically breakdown piece by piece his ?
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    LOL OK, you two are confirmed beta males. Y'all completely dodged the main points in my post again, wow!!!! It's like I'm going back and forth with a crazy ass modern day feminist. It's like I'm watching a fox news interview. I'm faaar from the only person who's noticing all this ? . Are y'all choosing to ignore the obvious? Or did you guys just get completely owned and refuse to take an L and now you resort to trolling? It's a classic modern day feminist tactic that they use when they are backed into a corner. I can't take y'all serious smh.

I speak on women being superior to men in every way on this show. This cat brings ups supergirl beating up and saving men........? What the flying ? ?[/b]

WTF

This dude don't even know what the ? his arguing... this what the ? you said.
    Over the top cringy ass girl power:
    Emasculating superman on multiple occasions.
    Flipping gender roles to a point where it's just downright unbelievable.
    Women are beating the ? out of men and always saving them.
    Woman basically rule and run the world on the show(in a cringy ass way)

I mean you brought up Women beating the ? out of men and always saving them. Are you ? ? ? How the ? are you going to complain about a female super hero show, having the female hero beating up bad guys and rescuing males? Are you this ? dense? You expect her to only rescue women? (Which by the way she does A LOT)

THis season kara had three bosses... Martian Manhunter, Jimmy Olsen, that News Paper Editor.. its been said many times thru out both Seasons that Martian Manhunter power levels are on par with Supergirl.

Jimmy Olsen went from being a photogropher cornball sucker for love ? , to the head of Cat-Co and becoming Guardian beating up criminals and holding his own against Aliens and Meta Humans but yeah he was emasculated.

Mon-El is a spoiled snobby rich ? prince from Daxim that never had to do anything for himself, in fact so spoiled this dude had servants doing everything for him on a plate. Now he on a planet where he has some super powers but instead of living like a king, he pretty much a ? with no authority. In fact he made it known plenty of times he has no desire of being any kind of hero or helping people and only went along with it cause he liked Kara, like lots of guys do when they want to get the ? go along with ? they dont like to smash later on.

Dude never cooked in his life so him doing so for Kara as a surprise is full flipping of gender roles? Cmon Son you cant be serious with that.

Then he asks if I'm familiar with the canon material. Talks about how she's faster than superman and takes in yellow sun faster. ? said "in essence" she's more powerful lol!!!!!!!!!!! Supergirl < Superman, who doesn't know this? Does he also know that superman always holds back and never unleashes his full power? Because if he did he would destroy the city. Furthermore, superman has been exposed to the sun and had his powers waaay longer. Does he read the source material? How come he didn't address superman bowing down to kara like he wasn't even in her league? He said she was the champion of earth now. He was still walking around hurt like he just had a fight with Lobo, Bizzaro, Darkseid, or Doomsday. While she was perfectly fine. They went out of their way to make sure we knew he was at full power. They even put zod in there to further point out that he was going all out. Last, she knocked a fully powered superman out cold! How could all of this just be ignored?

Nevermind there been characters less powerful than Supergirl who defeated Superman brings me back to this.

Again Do you even read the source material?...the ? I brought up is factual cannon and Supergirl is faster, quicker in flight and running than supes and absorbs yellow sun radiation at faster and higher rates than Kal El. She has the same powers as Superman...she also has to hold back in fact she had to be trained by Wonder Woman and the Amazons to reign in her power or the fact Darkseid chose her over Kal-El to lead his army because her power potential far eclipses that of Superman which some of the smartest men in the DC Universe all confirmed...

And she also has huge anger temper issues that Clark Kent never had. but evident you don't read the source material so you wouldn't know this.

How about the fact Superman was under the influence of Silver Kryptonite and fought someone just as powerful as he is. Supergirl was worried shitless about her fight with Mon-El mother so he said it to calm her worries and fears about the fight. Common Sense right? Nah to you its a ultra feminist conspiracy.
    He says Green Arrow has yet to get Black Canary right. He must have missed some seasons because he's not even speaking on the original Canary lol!!!!! He's talking about her weak ass sister who took over after she got murked.

Again this shows you don't ? about the source material or the comics.. Sara Lance is a made up for TV created character. She doesn't exist in the DC comic universe. The actual White Canary has no relation to Dinah Lance or Green Arrow and is Asian. So yes Arrow has yet to properly do the Black Canary Character Justice in 5 Seasons.
    His last point made no sense at all. Starts talking about their looks......WHERE DID THAT EVEN COME FROM? Then he says Mr fabulous gayness is promoted more than supergirls whole story line of gayness.....WOW!!!

Dog are you seriously gonna say that Mr Fabulous limp wrist flamboyant annoying faggotry on Arrow is not worse than what the ? relationship is on Supergirl? He is blantant ? and you can tell as soon as he opens his mouth or enters the scene that he's ? ...

Here the ? that bugs me out... two decent looking females in relationship bothers you, but an over the top excessive flaming ? on Arrow doesn't. Nevermind Supergirl's ? relationship is consistent with Canon... while Mr Fabulous is not.

Last, Power girl has been brought into this lol. Wow, can you say, reaching. Y'all suck at debates, just stop!! Power Girl is not more powerful either. Unless something has changed(aint really ? with the new 52 like that), there's no solid proof of her being stronger either.

Yeah just another point to show you dont know what the ? you're talking about in regards to comics.

And here one more fact... You do know the guy Responsible for making all these Shows is a ? right?

ITs obvious the ? ? bothers you which I do agree is blatant on all the shows but it should be expected if you actually know whose creating it and the network is on so bringing it up is beating a dead horse, but its also evident that any kind of image of women in role of power makes you uncomfortable.

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody watched last night?
  • Broddie
    Options
    I forgot that it premiered last night.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Im gonna watch it tonight as well. That and the first 2 episodes of that new X-Men show.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I be chuckling at the obscure Superman villains that pop up on this show. Last night it was Bloodsport
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

The show is better than it was when it first started, but it could be even better if they chilled with the lesbian storyline.

Far too much time devoted to that.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    Smh

The show is better than it was when it first started, but it could be even better if they chilled with the lesbian storyline.

Far too much time devoted to that.

It's feminist and ? agenda b
    @deadeye

gwtk81pzwcai.gif

@Cain

Yeah, I know.

Therein lies the problem.

BTW........I think the thread might be sunk (or something else might be going on) because new posts aren't being highlighted.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is on its last leg wit me. If it's like last season...I'm done
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First ep was good.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Saw Man of Steel movie easter egg/tribute in this episode.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

when she flew through the buildings? it was like when Supes fought Zod. this ep was really good btw
  • nujerz84
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »

when she flew through the buildings? it was like when Supes fought Zod. this ep was really good btw

no it was the scene when Clark was thrown into the water during the rescue of the oil rig
  • gemini86
    Options
    Damn I want them to jump right into the story with Sam... I have a feeling she’s gonna destroy supergirl
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Alex went ? last season and already getting married. Lesbians moves quick
  • MoeW
    MoeW Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Options
    Tony Almeida in the building.
  • nujerz84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Jonnz Reuniting with his pops

james-brown-crying-o.gif
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Outside of Maggie's ? this episode was dope AF. I love seeing more Martian lore. That was some heavy stuff too between John and his pops
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This lesbian feminist drama bs be ? up this show sometimes smh
  • gemini86
    Options
    i really like the new character. Sucks that it looks likes shes gonna be the villain. does anyone know the story of Reign?
  • deadeye
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lol at Jon and his pops looking more like brothers than father and son.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Done turned this show into waiting to exhale