The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    ? stay moving the goal post.

Teaming up is teaming up.

First when Lebron teamed up, he got killed for it. The issue then was just teaming up.

Now that KD teamed up with Curry and Klay, a caviat is added and now its like its cool to team up as long as you dont go to the team that beat you.

Its all the same to me.

Idc how its done. Bron ? up the league by doing it, and now KD ? up the league by doing it.

"Oh but this gsw team is better than the heat team"

Wtf cares? Both ? teamed up to create super teams.

It's too many teams in the league. One player shouldn't be able to ? up the league like this. Idc how good you are. These "star players" on these ? ass teams should be role players somewhere else.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And also, i hate how the NBA is so bad now because of this.

The NBA was always a league dominated by super teams. Every NBA usually has 2 super teams, and 1 or 2 dark horse teams that has a chance at a title. And usually, those 2 teams dominate a whole era.

I pointed this out to my boy last night. He said the NBA is ruined cause of superteams, and I was like yo Magic had a superteam, so did Bird, and Jordan, and the Shaq/Kobe team had 2 top 10 players of all time in their prime, and then Boston had a superteam, and then Bron built a superteam, and now KD got one.

The NBA was always domimated by superteams. Hate when people fall into media narratives.

When the next 2 superteams overtake these 2, the talk is gonna be how they ruined the NBA and gsw not even gonna be talked about. How yall fall into the same trick everytime?

Funniest ? about last night was after I told my boy all this, he was like yea but they didnt do it like KD did.

Smh, so now its all good to have superteams dominate long as people dont go to a team that beat them.

Smh. Hate all yall mafuckas.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I remember when wade, melo, bron, kobe, paul, dwight, bosh, amare and nash had their own teams, that was cool

I'm not complaining about the league after what Boston did though. Catch up
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I remember when wade, melo, bron, kobe, paul, dwight, bosh, amare and nash had their own teams, that was cool

If the NBA wants more competitive basketball then they should contract some teams from the league.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First when Lebron teamed up, he got killed for it. The issue then was just teaming up.

Now that KD teamed up with Curry and Klay, a caviat is added and now its like its cool to team up as long as you dont go to the team that beat you.

Its all the same to me.

Idc how its done. Bron ? up the league by doing it, and now KD ? up the league by doing it.

im not here to even bash curry right now....

KD is an Alpha fukk ?
    joining a stacked team......that already has chemistry
    vs
    bringing one together and creating chemistry
    hmmmm

GS might have been there regardless..

kd is a whole fukk ? for his move. there is no killer in him unless he has shooters.
    there is no sportsman in him

he should stop giving his coach props at the end of games......this aint what he taught him.

but ill stay outta this thread now.

if GS wins...onlyy his name should have an astricks next to it.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

If the NBA wants more competitive basketball then they should contract some teams from the league.

Get rid of the raptors, magic, kings, and clippers and nets

Bring the Sonics back

BOOM
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Its all the same to me.

People keep saying Bron did it first...one super teams always been around...and 2nd if you're gonna pinpoint a starting point for it in the modern era its KG and Ray Allen both saying they woulsnt agree to the Boston trade unless the other agreed to go...
  • Knightrider
    Knightrider Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Options

Lets forget about boston for a second cause i dont remember others teams in the nba looking at
    boston and saying we got to create a big 3 to eliminate them ? .........

However
    when lebron wade and bosh got together in there prime it was a different story....... a couple
    teams tried to create the same blueprint but it was a failure......

remember the knicks with melo amare and chauncey and tyson chandler....
    or chris paul to the lakers which got chris paul with griffin and deandre

or the nash kobe gasol artest howard .....

Or mark cuban destroying his championship team to trying to create a big 3 in dallas
    with deron dwight and dirk......

and lets not forget about brooklyn with........ deron joe johnson brook lopez paul pierce and garnett

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If u don't like KD or love LeBron or both u will never let KD live for his decision. All I hear is how many stars KD playing with to spite him. Just find it funny when Dirk had to take out Bron, Wade, n Bosh none of the Bron fans cared it was 1 star vs 3. If KD stays in OKC (most critics were ok with this)and beats the warriors this year no Bron fan cares it's 2 stars in okc vs 3 in Cleveland in the finals.

To me it looks like KD one upped bron and has 3 other stars to Brons 2 now ppl wanna cry foul. Foh. The best player in the world had 2 other stars on his team since 2010 n we throwing shade at kd for taking matters into his own fans smh. For the record I'm a Miami fan so I couldn't hate on bron decision even if i wanted to so I let KD rock too it's fair but some of y'all Bron fans biased as ? lol.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Get rid of the raptors, magic, kings, and clippers and nets

Bring the Sonics back

BOOM

Agreed

It would create better competition for rosters spots and GM's and other front office people would have to be held way more accountable for the jobs they doing or in most cases not doing.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Durant >>>>Lebron James

That was 3 years ago
  • Knightrider
    Knightrider Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lets forget about boston for a second cause i dont remember others teams in the nba looking at
    boston and saying we got to create a big 3 to eliminate them ? .........

However
    when lebron wade and bosh got together in there prime it was a different story....... a couple
    teams tried to create the same blueprint but it was a failure......

remember the knicks with melo amare and chauncey and tyson chandler....
    or chris paul to the lakers which got chris paul with griffin and deandre

or the nash kobe gasol artest howard .....

Or mark cuban destroying his championship team to trying to create a big 3 in dallas
    with deron dwight and dirk......

and lets not forget about brooklyn with........ deron joe johnson brook lopez paul pierce and garnett

that's exactly what Bron did

Yeah thats what lebron said the reason why he did it

But lebron was the only one that did it.....no other teams was trying to superstar it up
    to beat boston, not like all those other teams that tried to load its team up to compete
    with the heat when wade bosh and lebron got together.........

........but anyway whats crazy to me is if lebron would of just waited
    boston would of eventually fell off and bron would of destroyed them like he did the detroit pistons....

that 2004 championship detroit pistons team with rasheed and ben wallace rip hamilton chauncey
    and tayshaun prince was no joke........ and lebron eventually tore them dudes up later on down the road......

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Figo
    why we got beef bruh....

i thought we was inter for life

nh
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why ya'll still on this? lol

cats in the shoe industry leave adidas to go to nike

or like KD mother said, people leave their local news outlets for bigger ones like ESPN

why is what KD did got ya'll so salty? Its a salary cap driven league and GS had the money to acquire him

how come is in baseball where you have no salary cap, that people dont ? about those yankee teams that had all those players and still werent guaranteed to win the WS? Smaller market teams showed that you dont have to have large payrolls to compete every year. You need a good FO and management to help find and cultivate talent.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Durant >>>>Lebron James

That was 3 years ago

Wrong then and wrong now

giphy.gif

Nah
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can debate this til the end of time. Lebron and KD leaving their original franchise is similar, but not the same. Lebron made Miami a super team. Even if you put Bosh in Miami the year before, Miami aint winning 73 games and being a Bosh suspension away from blowing a 3-1 lead in the Finals and winning back to back championships.

Golden State was already a super team before KD went there. KD had far more talent around him OKC than Bron did in Cleveland. OKC was a 4th quarter meltdown away from beating GS last year in which KD missed 6 of 7 shots (Russ was trash too). Maybe KD got sick of Russ's ? and that's part of why he bounced, but can't nobody seriously say he didn't have the talent around him to win a ring.

If Cleveland could've got Lebron a legit #2 option during his first run, worst case scenario they're making it to the Finals year in and year out. (I still dont think they would've beat L.A.)