ScHoolboy Q Says Chances Of Black Hippy Album Are "Slim" speaks on 50cent

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
ScHoolboy Q was spotted in the studio last week with red-hot Atlanta producer Zaytoven. During an appearance on Ab-Soul’s YMF tour, he also mentioned his album was next “by any means” following the release of SZA’s debut CTRL.

However, while speaking with Montreality, he talked about plans for his follow-up to 2016’s Blank Face LP and why his fans shouldn’t count on a Black Hippy project anytime soon..

“I’m already working on my next album,” Q said. “The chances of us getting into the studio together and working on Black Hippy is slim. There’s too much going on … I’m with it though. I wanna do it.”

ScHoolboy explained all members — Q, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul — have tunnel vision with their individual projects. The last single all four hopped on together was 2015’s “Vice City” from Jay Rock’s 90059 album.

“Y’all been asking that question now for four years,” ScHoolboy said with a chuckle. “I don’t know man. I’m already working on the next joint already. I’ve already been working on the next joint. Just like I don’t see the time. People don’t understand is that when you’re working on an album, you’re getting into a groove. It’s hard to stop that groove, that zone you’re in or that vision you have to jump on a whole new thing and restart from a blank sheet basically.”

Elsewhere in the interview, the South Central representative also spoke on how Top Dawg Entertainment’s artist recruitment process.

“Every rapper that ever came to TDE that we was getting ready to ? with, they always exit themselves out because they weren’t humble enough,” he said. “It was a lotta L.A. artists that could’ve been signed to TDE.”

He also spoke on how 50 Cent inspired him to become a rapper.

“I hated on Get Rich Or Die Tryin,” said ScHoolboy. “I was hating on 50 ’cause I was so much into Nas. Once I got over that hate stage, 50 became one of my biggest inspirations to rap. If it wasn’t for him no telling what I’d be doing.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkX5_km_5A

Comments

• #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fuuuuuuuuck.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jug2HZ3dkoc
    Cmon TDE. Quit bullshittin. Glad to Hear Q cookin up sometHing new tHo.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they do "that part remix" after vice city
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could understand that talk years ago
    But now?, not so much

Hurry the ? up you lazy hippies!!, lol
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they do "that part remix" after vice city

Yup id play that over kanyes ? version anyday too
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The black hippie album is so 2015
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep telling yall, all these ? keep saying that ish.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont like that ?
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will never be a black hippy album. Just wait for the remixes
  • Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with them not ever making a black hippy album. Their solo albums are enough for me.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with them not ever making a black hippy album. Their solo albums are enough for me.

I agree 100%. Just like every other fan i get mad with the delays of solo albums for anticipated projects. But in my opinion these group albums are highly overrated. That's not to say they can't ? it or that certain songs with one or 2 of the TDE crew haven't made dope songs on one of their albums. However doing it for an entire album when each rapper is busy on their own lane could cause for an underwhelming project.

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ScHoolboy Q Says "? the fans, they dont mean ? "
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

? the fans. Everyone at TDE been producing consistent music and touring building their individual brands. ? forbid Q is honest and realistic about the album coming together at this time lol. Fans aren't owed ? but fot consistent content. Fans are too spoiled if they are ? over a black hippy album when TDE stay with a consistent solo album schedule every year along with cross features on each others albums.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Blankface is so dope, that ? can hold me over for another 2 years. I'm not even bugging for that next joint yet. I was just bumping that album today on the way out as a matter of fact
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    ? it I'll say it, schoolboy the best on TDE
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably gonna be another 3 years if it'll ever happen..smh and that's a shame cuz Jay Rock & Soul need this One..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see the point of leaving that money on the table. The only answer I can think of is Interscope won't let Kendrick do it.
  • Trillfate
    Options

? the fans. Everyone at TDE been producing consistent music and touring building their individual brands. ? forbid Q is honest and realistic about the album coming together at this time lol. Fans aren't owed ? but fot consistent content. Fans are too spoiled if they are ? over a black hippy album when TDE stay with a consistent solo album schedule every year along with cross features on each others albums.

? pls.. fans buy the music.

TDE ain't no more busy than any other successful click.. Every star rapper like Kendrick puts out his group album from State Prop, D12, G unit, Bravehearts, Hot boys, PSC, MMG, Young Money etc.. its the hip hop thing to do
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Blankface is so dope, that ? can hold me over for another 2 years. I'm not even bugging for that next joint yet. I was just bumping that album today on the way out as a matter of fact

Blankface is a ? masterpiece tho..
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably gonna be another 3 years if it'll ever happen..smh and that's a shame cuz Jay Rock & Soul need this One..

Exactly. I'm not trying to ? on Rock and Soul (I like their music), but I don't think they're going to reach Kendrick's and Q's levels. Even SZA is on track to surpass them as the third biggest on TDE- maybe second depending on the success of this album dropping on Thursday night.

The Black Hippy project could help their solo careers. If anyone slowing this project down, it's Kendrick and Q in my opinion. I can't see Rock or Soul saying the "I don't have time" ? .

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Blank face, 90059, Control System, Do What Thou Wilt and the Sun's Tirade are much better than anything D12, the hot boys, mmg and young money ever did as solo acts.
    ? , i even got a 90059 t-shirt somewhere, that Fly on the wall track is so dope.
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I don't see the point of leaving that money on the table. The only answer I can think of is Interscope won't let Kendrick do it.

I don't know. But by now, I think Kendrick and Q have enough pull at Interscope to have the company sign the whole group or take their cut if it was released just under TDE
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

? pls.. fans buy the music.

TDE ain't no more busy than any other successful click.. Every star rapper like Kendrick puts out his group album from State Prop, D12, G unit, Bravehearts, Hot boys, PSC, MMG, Young Money etc.. its the hip hop thing to do

Yeah but nobody gives a ? about the D12 album or the Bravehearts Album or the Young Money Album. The MMG series had little to no replay value and the hot boys were an actual group with chemistry.

The best content comes from a labels solo ? with rare circumstances where a compilation album was really dope (i.e. beg for mercy or puff daddy and the family etc etc.). TDE rappers made it big because of their solo ? . They didn't rise up to fame because of group ? like NWA and the Hot Boys and G-Unit which were groups that spun out solo stars.

Historically fans don't support nor buy compilation albums in as high volumes as solo albums which is funny. ? beg and beg for a compilation and the ? sells less than the solo album ? . Collaboration albums done right takes the right chemistry past just feature tracks. It takes a focus and desire of all parties to have one vision and message. Right now Black Hippy don't got that ? so it is better left untouched for now.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I thought Blank face, 90059, Control System, Do What Thou Wilt and the Sun's Tirade are much better than anything D12, the hot boys, mmg and young money ever did as solo acts.
    ? , i even got a 90059 t-shirt somewhere, that Fly on the wall track is so dope.

And that's the thing these groups like D12 or Braveheart or Young Money have a 95% failure rate when the members go to solo ? . Only Em and Nas and Meek have sustained success when the rest of the groups members flop. The black hippy members are too strong solo wise in their own ? to be forced to make a compilation joint due to weakened talent.