The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-garcia-says-terence-crawford-possible-broner--117296

Mikey Garcia talking about fighting Crawford after Broner. I likes it. Garcia beat Crawford 3 times in the amateurs, btw.

3 times is something...I still go for bud in a fight tho!!!
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-garcia-says-terence-crawford-possible-broner--117296

Mikey Garcia talking about fighting Crawford after Broner. I likes it. Garcia beat Crawford 3 times in the amateurs, btw.

that´s not what the article actually says, it states that Crawford beat Garcia before...
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that´s not what the article actually says, it states that Crawford beat Garcia before...

Just seen that haha. Idk what the ? I was reading bruh.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Luis Ortiz To Joshua: Your Money is No Good, No Step Aside Fee!
    By Ryan Burton
    Earlier today an article by Elliot Foster ran on BoxingScene.com which stated that WBA President Gilberto J Mendoza may give the Anthony Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko winner a "special permit" to make a voluntary defense before facing mandatory challenger Luis Ortiz (27-0 23 KOs).
    The 38-year-old Cuban recently signed with boxing power broker Al Haymon and was scheduled to return to the ring last Saturday against Derric Rossy but was forced to pull out of the fight with an injury. He stated afterwards that he would wait for his shot against the Joshua-Klitschko winner instead of taking an interim fight.
    joshua-ortiz_2

BoxingScene.com reached out to the unbeaten Cuban who was not too pleased when told of the news.
    "There's nothing that can permit Joshua if he wins - and that's a big if - not to face me. If he wins his money is no good here. His money will not save him," Ortiz stated.
    "If he wins he has to face his biggest fear. What's his fear you ask? It is a big, Cuban, power punching southpaw that's hungry and will stop at nothing to rip his head off. Look, it's plain and simple, this will say a lot to his fans about him. He's fighting to be rich like he keeps saying but buddy this is boxing so man up because I'm fighting for my pride and I will not accept a step aside fee from you. Your money's no good here. Step up or give it up. Anyway, we will continue this conversation another day. Good luck to both of you on Saturday. I'll be seeing one of you two soon."
    Ortiz's manager Jay Jimenez was also shocked at hearing that the winner may possibly be given a voluntary defense and said that he expects Joshua to face Ortiz in the fall.
    "I fully expect the WBA's Mendoza to defend and respect his own boxing regulations and rules. Luis deserves his chance. I believe Joshua will win this Saturday and will not back down from Luis and face him in November," Jimenez told BoxingScene.com
    -
    http://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-joshua-your-money-no-good-no-step-aside-fee--116051#sthash.9H20I2p0.dpuf

WAR KING KONG
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had Kovalev winning the first fight. With that said I'm leaning toward Ward for the rematch. Kovalev seem to have chaos going on and was looking to make excuses about what happened. He essentially trains himself and calls the shots. So I don't trust his mindset going into this. He might be stubborn as hell and just only look for a knockout and you can't do that to a guy like Ward.

He's going to have to make adjustments and keep his distance. Seems like JDJ all he does is hold the mitts for him.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jermall Charlo is moving up to 160 and is rumored to be facing Argentina's Jorge Sebastian Heiland in a WBC middleweight title eliminator on the Mikey Garcia-Adrien Broner undercard July 29. A win will make him number one contender to the WBC belt held by the winner of Alvarez-Golovkin.

I'm hyped if this ? happens!!!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mikey Garcia talking about fighting Crawford after Broner. I likes it.

Wow. Mikey vs Crawford could be fight of the year.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mikey Garcia talking about fighting Crawford after Broner. I likes it.

Can't wait
  • aneed123
    Options
    Jermall Charlo is moving up to 160 and is rumored to be facing Argentina's Jorge Sebastian Heiland in a WBC middleweight title eliminator on the Mikey Garcia-Adrien Broner undercard July 29. A win will make him number one contender to the WBC belt held by the winner of Alvarez-Golovkin.

I'm hyped if this ? happens!!!

If he wins they better not duck
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlo one of my current favorite
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to miss Ward v Kovalev 2....gotta go outta town to a wine festival :(
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    killap wrote: »
    In be4 AB rededicates himself for the 17th time

@killap
    Adrien Broner: I Only Beat Myself; I’m Tired of Coming Up Short

Adrien Broner believes he’s at his best in the boxing ring when he fights at the super lightweight limit of 140 pounds.

Each of his two losses – unanimous-decision defeats to Marcos Maidana and Shawn Porter – came in fights at contracted weights of 147 pounds and 144. That’s why Broner (33-2, 24 KOs) didn’t hesitate to accept a fight against unbeaten WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia at 140 pounds July 29.

“Just check my record,” Broner said during a recent conference call. “I’m undefeated [at 140 pounds] and I’ve got almost all knockouts. Only a couple, literally, where people lasted. But everybody knows in the boxing game, once Adrien Broner is focused and I’m on track, nobody beat me. Only I beat myself. And I’m tired of coming up short and selling myself short.”

Cincinnati’s Broner is 5-0 in fights with contracted weight limits of 141 or 140 pounds. His two most recent fights at those weights resulted in technical knockout victories over England’s Ashley Theophane (40-7-1, 11 KOs) and Russia’s Khabib Allakhverdiev (19-2, 9 KOs).

The Theophane fight was supposed be Broner’s first defense of the WBA super lightweight championship that he won against Allakhverdiev (19-2, 9 KOs). The former four-division champion weighed in at 140½ pounds, however, and gave up his title at the scale 14 months ago in Washington, D.C.

The 27-year-old Broner promised that he won’t have any difficulty making weight before facing Garcia (36-0, 30 KOs), the Oxnard, California, native who will move up from 135 pounds to 140 for a 12-round fight Showtime will televise from a site to be determined.

“I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten more wise, more mature,” Broner said. “This next half of [my] career, I’m just focusing on doing everything the correct way. The first half I tried to do things my way, and it worked, but I could’ve done better, so I wanna try doing everything correct.”

To that end, Broner will train for the Garcia fight in Colorado Springs, Colorado, far away from the drama that frequently lands him in legal trouble in or around Cincinnati. The enigmatic ex-champion hasn’t trained in Colorado Springs since his camp prior to his loss to Maidana in December 2013.

“I’m going back just to where I can focus on strictly boxing,” Broner said, “because I want this to be one of the best performances of my career. And like I said, man, I feel like my back is against the wall and it’s time to fight out.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-i-only-beat-myself-im-tired-coming-up-short--117279

Lmaaaaaao. Same thing before every fight

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrien Arreola
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-mcgregor-dana-white-not-involved-negotiations--117350
    Mayweather-McGregor: Dana White Not Involved in Negotiations

According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, there are serious ongoing negotiations to finalize the fall cross-sport boxing match between former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. and UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

The paper indicates that UFC President Dana White is not involved in the negotiations. Both sides are pushing to finalize the pay-per-view bout for a date in "early fall"

The talks are between the UFC ownership group — Ari Emanuel’s Beverly Hills agency WME-IMG — and Mayweather’s adviser Al Haymon, the head of Premier Boxing Champions.

Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs), 40-years-old, retired from boxing in September 2015 after dominating Andre Berto over twelve rounds. He announced in April that he was coming back to the ring - but only for a fight with McGregor.

McGregor has been out of the cage since November, when he became the UFC’s first simultaneous two-division champion when he stopped Eddie Alvarez at Madison Square Garden to win the lightweight (155-pound) belt.

As far as McGregor's portion of the deal, the fighter and the UFC were able to iron out the financial terms last month - which was a big piece of the puzzle as the UFC have McGregor under an exclusive contract and the fighter was risking the possibility of a legal battle by going around them to make the deal.

Last month, Showtime Sport head Stephen Espinoza advised BoxingScene.com that his network will be involved in the pay-per-view and the promotion of that event. Mayweather held an exclusive six fight contract with Showtime, which finished out when he beat Berto - but the boxer has a very close relationship with the network and his fighters are showcased on their airwaves on a regular basis.

Mayweather wants to showcase some of his fighters on the card - specifically IBF super featherweight champion Gervonta Davis and former WBC super middleweight champion Badou Jack, who may potentially challenge WBA "regular" light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly as part of that event.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea this guy is a robot^^
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Garcia-Broner will be competitive..
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll think Mikey gone move up to 140 and wash AB?
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he beats the breaks off AB...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-wilder-says-big-fight-announcement-coming-soon--117361
    Deontay Wilder Says Big Fight Announcement Coming Soon

Tuscaloosa, Ala. - The WBC Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder was in his hometown of Tuscaloosa Monday to speak with children at the Police Athletic League’s basketball camp. More than 100 kids, ages 8-18, participated in the camp and came out to hear Wilder’s message.

“They’re going to go back, even the ones that are half way paying attention, I got their focus because they saw I was real and I want to be a father figure to them,” Wilder said.

The Bronze Bomber’s message revolved around “creating something you want to become,” goal setting, and rising above negative comments made by others.

“I’m above what they say and I will prove them wrong,” Wilder said of his speech to the children, “I’m going to prove you wrong. It’s not an “if,” it’s a when.”

We spoke with Deontay about his plans inside the ring. Wilder claims he will have a big fight announcement soon and still has goals to unify the boxing title.

“I’m very confident that it will happen. That’s just a fact of when, there’s so many things going on. Boxing is definitely a business and we approach it accordingly. Boxing is a worldwide sport, so we have so many different people all over the world,” Wilder said.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-frampton-lee-selby-wasted-our-time-negotiations--117376
    Carl Frampton: Lee Selby Wasted Our Time in Negotiations

Former two division champion Carl Frampton has accused IBF featherweight champion Lee Selby of leading him on during recent negotiations that went nowhere.

Frampton (23-1, 14 KOs) is looking to bounce back on July 29th in Belfast.

Back in January, Frampton suffered his first career defeat, and lost his WBA featherweight title, when he dropped a twelve round majority decision in a rematch to Leo Santa Cruz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

There were discussions to hold a trilogy fight, but Santa Cruz refused to accept the fight in Belfast - after Frampton took the first two bouts in the United States.

Selby (24-1, 9 KOs) on the other hand had always voiced his willingness to accept the fight in Belfast, but their teams have never been able to reach an agreement.

According to Selby's handlers, Frampton's team was not willing to negotiate in good faith - while Frampton is claiming that Selby's handlers misled them.

Selby's handlers claimed the boxer was available to take the fight. But Frampton says his handlers spoke with the IBF, and the sanctioning body told them that under no circumstances will they allow the champion to bypass his mandatory defense against Jonathan Victor Barros.

“I’m still expecting a big fight this summer in Belfast but it looks like it won’t be against IBF World featherweight champion Lee Selby who just seems to have been wasting our time during negotiations," Frampton wrote in Sunday Life.

“We had been talking to TV networks about the fight with Selby who told us that it could happen despite him having a mandatory fight with Jonathan Barros. Then, myself and Jake McGuigan spoke to the IBF official who made it clear that Selby must face Barros next.”

“Barros had a medical issue earlier this year when his fight with Selby was called off just before the weigh-in when it was supposed to happen on the undercard of my fight with Leo Santa Cruz in Las Vegas. It is obvious now that Selby must now face Barros who is clear to fight.”
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GGG is a great fighter. But Danny proved he aint the boogie man everyone thinks he is. He could beat him. That fight was way closer than it should have been based on GGG reputation.
  • aneed123
    edited June 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-frampton-lee-selby-wasted-our-time-negotiations--117376
    Carl Frampton: Lee Selby Wasted Our Time in Negotiations

Former two division champion Carl Frampton has accused IBF featherweight champion Lee Selby of leading him on during recent negotiations that went nowhere.

Frampton (23-1, 14 KOs) is looking to bounce back on July 29th in Belfast.

Back in January, Frampton suffered his first career defeat, and lost his WBA featherweight title, when he dropped a twelve round majority decision in a rematch to Leo Santa Cruz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

There were discussions to hold a trilogy fight, but Santa Cruz refused to accept the fight in Belfast - after Frampton took the first two bouts in the United States.

Selby (24-1, 9 KOs) on the other hand had always voiced his willingness to accept the fight in Belfast, but their teams have never been able to reach an agreement.

According to Selby's handlers, Frampton's team was not willing to negotiate in good faith - while Frampton is claiming that Selby's handlers misled them.

Selby's handlers claimed the boxer was available to take the fight. But Frampton says his handlers spoke with the IBF, and the sanctioning body told them that under no circumstances will they allow the champion to bypass his mandatory defense against Jonathan Victor Barros.

“I’m still expecting a big fight this summer in Belfast but it looks like it won’t be against IBF World featherweight champion Lee Selby who just seems to have been wasting our time during negotiations," Frampton wrote in Sunday Life.

“We had been talking to TV networks about the fight with Selby who told us that it could happen despite him having a mandatory fight with Jonathan Barros. Then, myself and Jake McGuigan spoke to the IBF official who made it clear that Selby must face Barros next.”

“Barros had a medical issue earlier this year when his fight with Selby was called off just before the weigh-in when it was supposed to happen on the undercard of my fight with Leo Santa Cruz in Las Vegas. It is obvious now that Selby must now face Barros who is clear to fight.”

That what he get now go fight riggy