The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Liverpool have decided not to risk it all over one defender

Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool drop interest in signing Southampton defender - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40194862

don't just post the link, show it in its full glory
    "Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

pop ? , apologise just ask Pool
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think Lukaku is world class at all (yet) I dont see him being consistent either, but thats maybe because he hasnt had great service at Everton (or west brom)... But I forget he is still only 23/24, but he seems an old 23/24 as he has been playing first team football for so long, so how long will he hit top form for??? He may only be at his peak for a few seasons (like owen, rooney etc) and then drop off, who knows but I think all this talk of like £90mill for him is crazy...

I just feel if we were to sign him we would lump ? up to him in the air and use his physical strength too much rather then having Pogba ping through ? to him and us hitting teams on the counter...

But who knows, maybe he will turn those draws into wins for us, which I think is what we need most next season...

I would love for us to get a actual striker who when they get the ball it sticks to their feet and can break defenders ankles and give them nightmares...

Once Bolasis went out injured, the passing to him went down. Barkley always took an extra touch instead of a pass so that hurt Lukaku too.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    If Giroud wants to leave let him leave. Thank you for your 69 goals. Peace.

that's not quite what he saying......he just wants them minutes, next season is a world cup season after all

? all that. He needs to be sold.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    I dont think Lukaku is world class at all (yet) I dont see him being consistent either, but thats maybe because he hasnt had great service at Everton (or west brom)... But I forget he is still only 23/24, but he seems an old 23/24 as he has been playing first team football for so long, so how long will he hit top form for??? He may only be at his peak for a few seasons (like owen, rooney etc) and then drop off, who knows but I think all this talk of like £90mill for him is crazy...

I just feel if we were to sign him we would lump ? up to him in the air and use his physical strength too much rather then having Pogba ping through ? to him and us hitting teams on the counter...

But who knows, maybe he will turn those draws into wins for us, which I think is what we need most next season...

I would love for us to get a actual striker who when they get the ball it sticks to their feet and can break defenders ankles and give them nightmares...

Once Bolasis went out injured, the passing to him went down. Barkley always took an extra touch instead of a pass so that hurt Lukaku too.

Damn, u guys are in worse shape than i thought if Bolasie is your main passing option.
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Liverpool have decided not to risk it all over one defender

Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool drop interest in signing Southampton defender - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40194862

don't just post the link, show it in its full glory
    "Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

pop ? , apologise just ask Pool

We're gonna tear their ass up on the pitch next season.
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @toheeb27 Costa said conte messaged him that he isn't in his plans.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Inter and AC Milan will battle it out for Real Madrid star James Rodriguez, claims the Independent
  • toheeb27
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »

LOL, that relationship started on a bad note, not surprised Conte hates the mfer.

? , now we are getting stuck with Lukuka, smh.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Derek Jeter need to write a Bible, give a Ted talk, lecture around the world, soccer player got exposed

https://youtu.be/AiLerSONV2M
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derek Jeter need to write a Bible, give a Ted talk, lecture around the world, soccer player got exposed

https://youtu.be/AiLerSONV2M

"Hi I'm Joey Greco and you're on Cheaters"
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    yung$ wrote: »

LOL, that relationship started on a bad note, not surprised Conte hates the mfer.

? , now we are getting stuck with Lukuka, smh.

Costa doesn't deserve to be at Chelsea the amount of times he's tried to leave and been disrespectful but lukakuw9m8a8onvbec.gif
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL!

It sounds like there is a lot riding on this Lukaku deal.

Costa went missing at times but I rate him over Lukaku.

The clubs must have come to a deal.

Me personally, I be mad paying more than £65 million for him. He ain't world class.

That being said looks like UTD gonna have to stump up the extras for Morata unless De Gea is included in the deal.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the UK heads:

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the UK heads:

I'm in bed now fam gotta go all the way to my damn mum's
  • blue_london
    Options
    At the UK heads:

Already voted waiting game now
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope we haven't got any Tories in this ?
  • blue_london
    Options
    Hope we haven't got any Tories in this ?

Was so optimistic last night. I will settle for Tory's needing a hung parliament. hung parliament she will be jobless real fast
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Yo @bigev240 , u mfers need to just give Lukaku a pay raise and keep him. SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo @bigev240 , u mfers need to just give Lukaku a pay raise and keep him. SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.

Conte and Costa need to go for a... Costa Coffee and talk their grievances over. This just seems petty to me.
  • blue_london
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Imagine we have a conservative government and Chelsea sign lukaku

yc77wuugg5ob.gif
  • bigev240
    Options

He turned down the pay raise. He wants CL football. He doesn't care about us no more.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    @chgarcia345 nuestro hijo Bolivia talking ? about Peru
    https://youtu.be/gP2EYtXnfmQ
  • bigev240
    Options
    Well it looks like Rooney won't be coming back to Everton. He doesn't want to take a pay cut.

[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5019160/uploads/editor/? /whin4tgj836m.gif[/img]