Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ShoBox is going to be on at 10:30 et…
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GGG is a great fighter. But Danny proved he aint the boogie man everyone thinks he is. He could beat him. That fight was way closer than it should have been based on GGG reputation.

So Danny Jacobs is a ? ?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

GGG is a great fighter. But Danny proved he aint the boogie man everyone thinks he is. He could beat him. That fight was way closer than it should have been based on GGG reputation.

You can't say GGG a great fighter then follow it with "but" because another great fighter gave him a run for his money bruh haha. ? reputation, Jacobs had every opportunity to win that fight.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a fight.. thats like saying Castillo "exposed" Mayweather.. i dont think people appreciate what it take to win a fight and what a fight entails
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ShoBox is going to be on at 10:30 et…

ShoBox is on now...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think know he beats the breaks off AB...

fixed
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prograis is tough
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Prograis is tough
    His defense weak but he sure as ? can throw punches
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Prograis is tough
    His defense weak but he sure as ? can throw punches

Yeah, I think he can work on his defense.. but he got a helluva punch and awkward style
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

So Danny Jacobs is a ? ?
    Mastery wrote: »

You can't say GGG a great fighter then follow it with "but" because another great fighter gave him a run for his money bruh haha. ? reputation, Jacobs had every opportunity to win that fight.

I aint taking nothing away from Danny. They even talked about that in the interview. I'm just saying ? were talking like GGG was unbeatable at middleweight up until this fight. That's not the case. And if anything, it showed how much of a dog Danny is. I had him winning the fight.
  • Mastery
    Options

So Danny Jacobs is a ? ?

I aint taking nothing away from Danny. They even talked about that in the interview. I'm just saying ? were talking like GGG was unbeatable at middleweight up until this fight. That's not the case. And if anything, it showed how much of a dog Danny is. I had him winning the fight.

I understand what you saying, but I thought Jacobs could beat him. I even put some $$$ on the fight. In the end, Jacobs didn't do enough to win in my eyes. He had the edge in power shots landed 144 to GGG's 126 but he got smoked when it came to jabs, 105 to Jacobs 31. If you take away the KD, it's 114-113 on two cards and 114-114 on another. There were a couple of close rounds but Jacobs should have pushed the envelope bruh. He didn't do enough. Here's the stats, FYI.

szx79tlpyuos.png
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny got some moments from the past that made you question but he's bigger and faster than GGG

Danny is probably the biggest middleweight and faster than all of them. GGG hadn't seen anything like him

Danny outperformed expectations but I thought he lost a clear but close decision. Unless the judges were swayed by the crowd, I dindt think that was a either or fight

Finally going the distance don't make him overrated. And as of now, he is unbeatable at MW currently until it's done. I don't think he's going stick around for Charlo but I think people thinking Charlo could do what Jacobs would leave disappointed. I think that's for sure a KO
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So Danny Jacobs is a ? ?

Only casuals hyped GGG and they were fed that BS by the media. He a hypejob. HBO hype machine and these media outlets made GGG into something he never was. While he has good qualities he has serious flaws. Slow hands, slow feet, no inside game whatsoever, lacks defense etc. Dirrell gave him problems in the Olympics years ago if I'm not mistaken. Before HBO picked him to hype he was fighting bums in Germany. He wasn't nobody special.

They did the same with Pacman, Chocolatito and are doing it now with Loma as we speak. They hype these fighters alot of casual fans from a certain demographic can identify with and try to sway opinions their way.
    FYI I had GGG winning that fight, but I can see why you gave Danny that fight. Alot of people felt Danny won.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody seen this bullsh*t?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSB7-st5fY&t=103s

I'm sorry but I have to write a titangraph on this BS. I never took him seriously, but the same goes for Jim Lampley, Harold Lederman, Al Bernstein, Max Kellerman etc. WTF do Dre and Terence Crawford have in common in terms of fighting style? Apart from being unbeaten fighters the only thing they got in common is their AA ethnicity. Dre is mixed though and was raised by his white father. Why shouldn't he be a star? He won a gold medal for your country, been unbeate since 12, won super six, cleaned out 168 division etc.
    lol @ This coded talk. Basically he's saying black fighters can't become superstars because the general public can't identify with 'em. In a sense he's right because racism in boxing is well documented. These people are funny. They'll root for a foreign fighter that doesn't even speak English against an American fighter if that 'domestic' fighter has the 'wrong color or ethnicity.

These p4p lists are a joke too. How is Loma leading any list when he only had 9 pro fights (!) and had a loss? Gary Russell jr. and Nicholas Walters are the names on his resume. He lost to Salido. P4p means you can adapt to any style unless they changed the definition. This ain't no popularity contest. Bud and Dre have proven that they can beat any style. Loma hasn't. While Loma has improved, he's already proven that he has trouble dealing with pressure. I think he'd beat Salido in a rematch though, but we'd have to see. He been ducking Rigo for years now BTW. Why ain't there no outcry for him to fight Rigo who been calling him out for a while now? Where's the demand to avenge his loss against Salido? When Floyd's fights vs Castillo and Maidana were somewhat competitive, there was a demand for a rematch. He fought these guys the same year and beat them convincingly. There was a demand Ward vs. Kovalev after Dre won a UD. There was a demand to see Floyd against guys who they hoped would beat him like Pacman and even Canelo. After Floyd dominated them they made up excuses like "he was too young" or "he's past his prime, he should've fought him 6 years ago" eventhough Floyd is always gonna be 2 years older than Pacman. What's the difference between Floyd, Ward and Loma? They wanted to see the first 2 lose, while they don't wanna see their GWH lose.

When they couldn't get their GWH in the HW division they just created a fictional character with Rocky. No coincidence Rocky got a statue in Philly before Joe Frazier. It gotta be frustrating though, when you control everything in the world, conquered several continents etc., but when a fight takes place on an equal playing field more often than not you'll lose against these people you been trying to hold back and marginalize for centuries. I think it's the same sentiment as when they wanna hate when one of 'their' women choose up on a brother. They lynched brothers for that stuff, just like how they lynched brothers when Jack Johnson beat one of their GWH's. They're threatened by the black man's masculinity.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ducking Rigo.. though
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    Anybody seen this bullsh*t?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSB7-st5fY&t=103s

I'm sorry but I have to write a titangraph on this BS. I never took him seriously, but the same goes for Jim Lampley, Harold Lederman, Al Bernstein, Max Kellerman etc. WTF do Dre and Terence Crawford have in common in terms of fighting style? Apart from being unbeaten fighters the only thing they got in common is their AA ethnicity. Dre is mixed though and was raised by his white father. Why shouldn't he be a star? He won a gold medal for your country, been unbeate since 12, won super six, cleaned out 168 division etc.
    lol @ This coded talk. Basically he's saying black fighters can't become superstars because the general public can't identify with 'em. In a sense he's right because racism in boxing is well documented. These people are funny. They'll root for a foreign fighter that doesn't even speak English against an American fighter if that 'domestic' fighter has the 'wrong color or ethnicity.

These p4p lists are a joke too. How is Loma leading any list when he only had 9 pro fights (!) and had a loss? Gary Russell jr. and Nicholas Walters are the names on his resume. He lost to Salido. P4p means you can adapt to any style unless they changed the definition. This ain't no popularity contest. Bud and Dre have proven that they can beat any style. Loma hasn't. While Loma has improved, he's already proven that he has trouble dealing with pressure. I think he'd beat Salido in a rematch though, but we'd have to see. He been ducking Rigo for years now BTW. Why ain't there no outcry for him to fight Rigo who been calling him out for a while now? Where's the demand to avenge his loss against Salido? When Floyd's fights vs Castillo and Maidana were somewhat competitive, there was a demand for a rematch. He fought these guys the same year and beat them convincingly. There was a demand Ward vs. Kovalev after Dre won a UD. There was a demand to see Floyd against guys who they hoped would beat him like Pacman and even Canelo. After Floyd dominated them they made up excuses like "he was too young" or "he's past his prime, he should've fought him 6 years ago" eventhough Floyd is always gonna be 2 years older than Pacman. What's the difference between Floyd, Ward and Loma? They wanted to see the first 2 lose, while they don't wanna see their GWH lose.

When they couldn't get their GWH in the HW division they just created a fictional character with Rocky. No coincidence Rocky got a statue in Philly before Joe Frazier. It gotta be frustrating though, when you control everything in the world, conquered several continents etc., but when a fight takes place on an equal playing field more often than not you'll lose against these people you been trying to hold back and marginalize for centuries. I think it's the same sentiment as when they wanna hate when one of 'their' women choose up on a brother. They lynched brothers for that stuff, just like how they lynched brothers when Jack Johnson beat one of their GWH's. They're threatened by the black man's masculinity.

I stay talking bout it but folk don't care. They sabatoge black fighters and hide lesser fighters from them ... boxing allowed frampton mares quigg and Santa Cruz to avoid riggy on purpose. They doing the same at 154. They make it OK for crackers and Hispanics to support they countryman but make it a touchy subject when ? wanna support black fighters. They tried to black ball Al Haymon never talk about showtime fighters and bash Floyd's fighters.... but euro mex hbo can do know wrong. Why is it every black fighter is labeled boring?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ducking Rigo.. though

Why is riggy amateur career not bragged about the same as loma? Why is loma always hyped up and riggy bashed? Riggy wanted the Lima fight at a catch weight cuz of the size difference and they turned it down.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ducking Rigo.. though

Why is riggy amateur career not bragged about the same as loma? Why is loma always hyped up and riggy bashed? Riggy wanted the Lima fight at a catch weight cuz of the size difference and they turned it down.

4 year ago thats all everyone talked about.. he then started fighting infrequently, He only fought 4 times since 2013

Rigo his a great boxer... But Loma will knock him out.. Riggy is chinny as ? and not nearly the athlete he is. Loma aint duckin ?
  • Mastery
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    i just lucked into finding a damn good site lol.

I just googled boxing fights

and voila.. finally bout to see Brook vs Spence

http://boxingfights.ucoz.com/
  • Mastery
    Options
    i just lucked into finding a damn good site lol.

I just googled boxing fights

and voila.. finally bout to see Brook vs Spence

http://boxingfights.ucoz.com/

Damn ? , surprised you haven't watched that yet.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    @mastery i was otu that day and i couldnt find a hd copy till now.. i ? hate Kell brooks shity jab spence comes in too reckless. im halfway done
  • Mastery
    Options
    @mastery i was otu that day and i couldnt find a hd copy till now.. i ? hate Kell brooks shity jab spence comes in too reckless. im halfway done

Yeah, Spence turns it up in the 2nd half.