Spinoff from Dope or Wack. Nore vs Gucci

Options

Comments

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

The difference is Lupe can really rap. Gucci not so much. You're talking about popularity not skills. Trump is president. Was he the most qualified? That's the world we live in. Looks over substance. Nore not Rakim on the mic but he is waaaaaay more skilled than Gucci. And have classic albums under his belt.

Trump didn't even win the Popular Vote genius lol
    Never said he did. But he won the popular vote to get to the presidential primaries . He won the popular vote with in the Republican Party and supporters of that party.
    He didn't win because he was popular, he won because of the Bigoted messages he spread. He tapped into old fashioned Racist America after we had been moving into a Progressive direction w/ a Black President for 8 years.

It's not that simple, choose another analogy sir.
    vt4z9wi46uvy.jpg
    The levels of stupidity from the faux woke is quite fascinating!

• *~queenbee~*
    edited June 2017
    Options
    p4ux3fj4rpqs.jpg
    Who you calling an idiot?
    Cain wrote: »

You're an idiot

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci
    Nore's career was bipolar as ? . N.O.R.E. was one of the best east coast albums of the late 90s and he followed it up with one of the absolute WORST ALBUMS I'VE EVER HEARD. Melvin Flint was straight diarrhea sauce. Its one thing to have a sophomore jinx. Snoop did it and so did Nas. It's a while nother thing to follow your smash debut album with one of the worst projects the game has ever seen. That Melvin Flint album was disrespectful as ? . ? was so terrible I don't know if I've listened to a full Nore song, let alone an album since.

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore
    Ooooooh shut up, you got ? from every region that voted for nore. Really can't say the same for gucci. Y'all stay using that "regional bias" ? as a crutch

Sun Gucci got 13 votes....Bet at least 10 from down south...The nerve of these ? ...lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci
    a_list wrote: »
    Ooooooh shut up, you got ? from every region that voted for nore. Really can't say the same for gucci. Y'all stay using that "regional bias" ? as a crutch

Sun Gucci got 13 votes....Bet at least 10 from down south...The nerve of these ? ...lol

it go both ways... none of u northern elitist will vote for Gucci knowing damn well Nore aint lyrical and be hollern on beats rappin simple
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    h2m0fudanblh.gif

I guess Nas never forgave Nore for that flower ? incident.

You have a link to this story? Never heard of it.
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Can't say I am a fan of either. I really just listened to nore when he did collabos. I don't like how Gucci sounds or his delivery, but I can't deny his contribution to the south. In terms of radio spin, popularity, collabos, number of hits, Gucci takes the lead. Nore is a bit more lyrical (just a little) but that is about it. I will say nore is a funny dude. Nore podcast > Gucci rapping. Lol
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore
    h2m0fudanblh.gif

They made peace; nore spoke on it.
    ktjp5mqixnlx.jpg

I will believe the bold, once I hear Nas speak on it.

They've done shows together,
    And Nore was at the Revolt music thing they had Honoring Nas..
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci
    Talk about a trash flow with trash lyrics. Nore trash.
  • skpjr78
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gucci
    No one will ever confuse Gucci with Rakim but Nore is ? AWFUL
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore
    Haha yall trying to make a point. A dude who had a short run in the late 90s is somehow better than probably the hottest and most in demand rapper currently. Who has been consistent for over a decade. Current hits all over the place. Doesnt make any sense. But this is what this site is for. Opposite world for entertainment. The place where Lupe Fiasco was voted the greatest rapper of the millenium haha. Yall desparately want one of your guys to matter so you just say fck reality yall are funny.

? we ain't talking bout no muthafucin popularity.

We talking bout RAP SKILLS

FOH w/ that Shadyteam logic
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore
    h2m0fudanblh.gif

You have a link to this story? Never heard of it.

google
  • a_list
    Options
    Nore
    aneed123 wrote: »

it go both ways... none of u northern elitist will vote for Gucci knowing damn well Nore aint lyrical and be hollern on beats rappin simple

Check on how many cats that arent from the east that voted for Nore...Cats from the south, west, midwest, canada and around the world are east coast bias if they voted for Nore? lol...I'm an elitist, when I voted the same for both Nore and Gucci?...lol cmon b...? running out of ? to say
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gucci

Check on how many cats that arent from the east that voted for Nore...Cats from the south, west, midwest, canada and around the world are east coast bias if they voted for Nore? lol...I'm an elitist, when I voted the same for both Nore and Gucci?...lol cmon b...? running out of ? to say

Nore not seen gwop not in music money flow longevity gwop build a brand influenced a whole culture he changed the mixtape to what it is now treatin tha mixtape project like an actual album jeezy black balled em an he still came on top his game 10 toes down nore shouldn't even be mention in tha same sentence as gwop fu€kin goofies an most ya older 2 shame on ya
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=sul16s0VSzs
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Vp-3mHS2Wc
    Put that owop full a dust down gwop>nore eazy
  • a_list
    Options
    Nore

Nore not seen gwop not in music money flow longevity gwop build a brand influenced a whole culture he changed the mixtape to what it is now treatin tha mixtape project like an actual album jeezy black balled em an he still came on top his game 10 toes down nore shouldn't even be mention in tha same sentence as gwop fu€kin goofies an most ya older 2 shame on ya

Lol wtf....? I dont care about none of that ? you talking about except for the music....Theres a few Gucci tracks in my ipod and and 2 cnn albums and Nore there as well so its all about what I listen to....? you mentioned money like you benefit from it foh....Bet at the height of each of their popularity they're about the same and rapping wise they on about the same level....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore
    Trendsetta said dr dre never made a good beat before, his opinion on anything is rejected
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Haha yall trying to make a point. A dude who had a short run in the late 90s is somehow better than probably the hottest and most in demand rapper currently. Who has been consistent for over a decade. Current hits all over the place. Doesnt make any sense. But this is what this site is for. Opposite world for entertainment. The place where Lupe Fiasco was voted the greatest rapper of the millenium haha. Yall desparately want one of your guys to matter so you just say fck reality yall are funny.

? we ain't talking bout no muthafucin popularity.

We talking bout RAP SKILLS

FOH w/ that Shadyteam logic

Dude yall need this I get it. A meaningless poll against all evidence. Gucci happens to be one of, if not the hottest rapper out now. Im surprised too but he been consistent and someone I listen too. The people have spoken, actually reality has spoken. This is a bubble of contrarians who...lets just say have "issues" with whats really going on out there musically. Again thats why I come here for foolery like this haha. Only here can someone with a short run decades ago who is basically a pretty obscure footnote at this point be "better" than someone with a long run, currently on top of the game after more than a decade(I didnt make it up its just the truth). Sometimes its good to actually see whats going on out there. Who the people are loving I can get someone liking Nore more but yall are embarrassingly catching feelings that Gucci is where he is and none of yalls dudes are doing sht. I can tell by how many of yall vote in these things and how it be the opposite from whats really going on. It gets to the point where its trolling or trying to prove a point. I dont hate Nore but this is just silly. Trying to prove a useless point. But this is nothing and yall seem to need this so have at it. You win...nothing. This is all you got a backwards poll of frustration. And I aint even trying to rub it in but its laughably clear. haha I got better things to do today.
  • skpjr78
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gucci
    Dope Neptunes beat + what, what 854 times per song + off beat cat in the hat style rhymes + east coast ? ridin' = Nore

thank ? his garbage ass career is finally over.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'll just make one more comment to break this down. Yall see i didnt vote. Because its pointless. Who "wins" this poll doesnt matter. The fact it looks like some of yall dont get that is very telling.
    Here's how I tend to judge rappers-
    Who do I personally prefer to listen to?-here, it depends but overall and more I'd go with Gucci. Not that I wouldnt listen to Nore though and I can see this part someone favoring Nore. Purely emotional and preference call.
    How have/do they connect to the people?-this is where I take into account objective metrics more because Im a man and its just what I do. I dont even think women can get away with being 100% emotional.
    For instance Jay Z I factor in the fact he got music I like but also what he's consistently done. You get credit for accomplishing big things especially consistently and making music the people actually like on a wide scale. Everybody doesnt and cant do that. Similar to Gucci but what Gucci is currently doing is remarkable. He got a song with Bruno Mars out. Its called looking at the big picture. If I cant appreciate and peep success what does that say about me?
    The only time this would be hard to do is if I felt a way about the Artist. Only then would emotions take over and it be hard to give credit and be objective. It can happen but I try to stay away from that.
    If I dont like a rapper why be on their ? ? When you know behavior and energy spent is lame, then its not even something to engage in. Thats for who its for and not my concern anything else is basically wearing a sign saying "frustrated loser who feels a way cause that guy is doing his thing" especially if he is having success. I'll let yall cook but dont think this type of thing isnt embarrassingly transparent. Especially taking into account whats really going on out there.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci

Lol wtf....? I dont care about none of that ? you talking about except for the music....Theres a few Gucci tracks in my ipod and and 2 cnn albums and Nore there as well so its all about what I listen to....? you mentioned money like you benefit from it foh....Bet at the height of each of their popularity they're about the same and rapping wise they on about the same level....

Goofy as bao all that talk irrelivent you ain't make no valid point why nore over gwop… @nocompitition these mf in a bubble still waitin on detox…@build4cubanlinx get yo goofy as frm rnd me yo name alone proves you in a bubble
  • a_list
    Options
    Nore

Goofy as bao all that talk {irrelivent} you ain't make no valid point why nore over gwop… @nocompitition these mf in a bubble still waitin on detox…@build4cubanlinx get yo goofy as frm rnd me yo name alone proves you in a bubble

Yo, whats not to understand, its about what I like....That's the point and all that matters...You can talk about all this other {irrelevant} ? when it all boils down the people that chose Nore like his ? more and the people that chose Gucci like his ? more....Whats a more valid point than that....foh...lol...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci
    One's a Living Legend and an Icon and has a catalog of Hits and Classics,

The other has a Podcast and had that one song with Pharell and them Horrible Reggaeton tracks
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nore

50Cent was the first to make a mixtape like a actually album. But before that it was AZ. He predates 50. AZ put out SOSA in 2000.
  • *~queenbee~*
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

They've done shows together,
    And Nore was at the Revolt music thing they had Honoring Nas..
    yagumdi2psx3.gif
    I'm still not convinced.