What are the Rules for Breaking up?

Options
1235»

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and my son's mom broke up on Christmas.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

why bruh.....was it planned or spur of the moment straw that broke the camels back?

why you tired of her?

or did you two just come to a mutual agreement?

be lets keep it real.....you tried to buy more presents than her after yall agreed on only a few each.

ole daddy spare no expenses on my kid ass ?
  • mryounggun
    Options

why bruh.....was it planned or spur of the moment straw that broke the camels back?

why you tired of her?

be lets keep it real.....you tried to buy more presents than her after yall agreed on only a few each.

We both just came to the agreement that we weren't getting what we needed from each other and that it didn't seem like were were ever gonna get what we needed from each other, based on an argument we had Christmas Eve and early afternoon on Christmas. And she's the type where if some ? is bothering her or heavy on her mind, she gotta get to it NOW. So we talked about it - on Christmas - and called it quits.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

why you tired of her?

We both just came to the agreement that we weren't getting what we needed from each other and that it didn't seem like were were ever gonna get what we needed from each other, based on an argument we had Christmas Eve and early afternoon on Christmas. And she's the type where if some ? is bothering her or heavy on her mind, she gotta get to it NOW. So we talked about it - on Christmas - and called it quits.

yep but ? was going on for almost two days...an yall had time.

i aint mad at cha
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    twenty2 wrote: »
    Oh y'all was only together for 4 months? Yeah... Families is gon' hate you in that short amount of time. And NOW they probably feel justified for dislikin you like "See... Told you dat muhfucka wasn't ? !" And considering the time span...that probably wasn't enough time to have a more lasting impact on her than her graduation...she been workin toward that for years. She'll be aight and, not to sound harsh, but you'll be forgotten...

And how the ? far did she fall off in 4 months???

She said she loved me about 2 months in. It makes me look like trash, but it's almost like her unconditional love pushed me away. It's weird how we can chase the ones who don't want us and push away the ones that do.

Hey man, I'm gathering that this is a fresh wound and you're doing post-analysis of your break-up which is healthy, but don't beat yourself up. If you have a want that she will forgive you and grow from or in spite of this, then forgive yourself. Give yourself just a moment of forgiveness. Look at your motives, be honest, and be merciful. You aren't responsible for how people perceive you, only for how you perceive you (I think you know that).

I have to ask: Do you want people here to tell you that you're wrong (punishment)? Do you want people to tell you that you're right (reinforcement)?

What's gained?

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Oh y'all was only together for 4 months? Yeah... Families is gon' hate you in that short amount of time. And NOW they probably feel justified for dislikin you like "See... Told you dat muhfucka wasn't ? !" And considering the time span...that probably wasn't enough time to have a more lasting impact on her than her graduation...she been workin toward that for years. She'll be aight and, not to sound harsh, but you'll be forgotten...

She said she loved me about 2 months in. It makes me look like trash, but it's almost like her unconditional love pushed me away. It's weird how we can chase the ones who don't want us and push away the ones that do.

Hey man, I'm gathering that this is a fresh wound and you're doing post-analysis of your break-up which is healthy, but don't beat yourself up. If you have a want that she will forgive you and grow from or in spite of this, then forgive yourself. Give yourself just a moment of forgiveness. Look at your motives, be honest, and be merciful. You aren't responsible for how people perceive you, only for how you perceive you (I think you know that).

I have to ask: Do you want people here to tell you that you're wrong (punishment)? Do you want people to tell you that you're right (reinforcement)?

What's gained?

I want the perspective. At the end of the day, whatever we think the rules are for breaking up comes down to our values. There's nothing scientific or objective about that. If I never compare my biew with others it's hard to learn.
  • mryounggun
    Options

why you tired of her?

i aint mad at cha

Argued the night of Christmas eve - at like 11 - and broke up about 1 on Christmas. Not only is that not 'almost 2 days', that's less than one day.

Let me live.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

What's gained?

I want the perspective. At the end of the day, whatever we think the rules are for breaking up comes down to our values. There's nothing scientific or objective about that. If I never compare my biew with others it's hard to learn.

That's resourceful! As a suggestion, try not to "think away your feelings" during this process.

Also, good on you for not going into details of how you perceive this woman. (Although, I suspect it would sway opinions on this board).

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

why you tired of her?

i aint mad at cha

Argued the night of Christmas eve - at like 11 - and broke up about 1 on Christmas. Not only is that not 'almost 2 days', that's less than one day.

Let me live.

we can go back an forth an take this a few pages....but you got it.....

if one day ended and a new one started....it was two days..

you fought this lady for two days......THEN broke up on christmas....infront of the kid.

did you at least let her keep her present?

we seeing ya ? side bruh
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's not a good excuse, but having just come from a similar place I see why that would made sense for them. When you're in the moment, and you're just outright unhappy, sometimes it doesn't make sense to postpone things or give yourself time to think things over. You just don't want to go another day having to deal with all that weight
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Graduation day.......You super foul.

Am I supposed to pretend like everything is all gravy on her graduation, though? Give her an empty "i love you, too" when she says it to me? Smile in the pictures and fake it all for appearances, just to break up with her the next day? Something about being inauthentic like that rubbed me the wrong way, but maybe you're right and I gave too much weight to that ? and not enough to the importance of her graduation.

C'mon bruh.

It had to be on her graduation day?

Not a few days/weeks before............not a few days/weeks after..........but on her graduation day?

I mean, if it had been building up for a while........it seems like it could've been done a lot earlier.

Hard to believe that everything came to a boiling point on that day and you just had to break up with her right then and there.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently broke up with a really great girl because of some small things. It had been piling up for awhile, and I didn't want to keep dragging her through a relationship where it was clear she loved me more than I could ever love her. It was on the day of her graduation, which I couldn't attend because of work, and I don't know if I did the right thing. On one hand, it makes sense to get it done as quickly as possible. On the other hand, when she looks back on that day, whether the videos or photos, she will be reminded of that break-up. I talked to some friends about it, and got mixed views. In light of this break-up, I wanna know what your guys rules for break-ups are? Where do you guys stand on breaking up through text, taking someone out for a meal to break up with them, keeping them on social media after a break up, and all that ? ?

the bolded is your first mistake....

honestly...time to grow up bruh

we all have our hiccups.

breaking up thru text is ? ? ? . if you afraid of the girl....then how was you with her and going to protect her? thats not the man way.

why keep an connection immediately after breaking up?

you want them to see you happy or sad?

take them out to dinner? for what? to say...this aint working...ill have one more drink and you pay for your own ? ?

if you had the day to spare.....that should be more important that you spend it with her..but if you broke up on her graduation day....just know...thats a time in her life she will never get back and your negative and selfish ways dimmed her light or tarnished her shine.

and for what.

if you ever get her back and you dont go 110%
    just dont be surprised if she looks at you like a lil ?

That's not a mistake. The little things make up life brah. The fact that she doesn't put as much effort into her appearance anymore

lol.......why didn't you just say she got fat?
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a ? and her dam feelings. A woman has no chill and takes pride in plotting on dumping a man. Feels good 2 do it back 2 some1. It's life ? it fam, stay happy and around what u desire. Chicks are just tapestry sometimes.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    ? a ? and her dam feelings. A woman has no chill and takes pride in plotting on dumping a man. Feels good 2 do it back 2 some1. It's life ? it fam, stay happy and around what u desire. Chicks are just tapestry sometimes.

damn bruh...wanna talk about it?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We dated four months. I wouldn't dump her via text

4 months lol? Yeah you're a ? man.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently broke up with a really great girl because of some small things. It had been piling up for awhile, and I didn't want to keep dragging her through a relationship where it was clear she loved me more than I could ever love her. It was on the day of her graduation, which I couldn't attend because of work, and I don't know if I did the right thing. On one hand, it makes sense to get it done as quickly as possible. On the other hand, when she looks back on that day, whether the videos or photos, she will be reminded of that break-up. I talked to some friends about it, and got mixed views. In light of this break-up, I wanna know what your guys rules for break-ups are? Where do you guys stand on breaking up through text, taking someone out for a meal to break up with them, keeping them on social media after a break up, and all that ? ?

damn, breaking up with her on her graduation day is ? up. ? -ed up. Nah, really ? up.
    Only rule I have is that I have to at least tell her. I ain't into leading a woman on and being with others without letting them know I consider us through.