The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love how Koeman is trying to get dutch football to a higher lvl, tried it with Clasie at the saints - who potentially is or was a great baller - did it with Stekelenburg n looks like he is rollin the dice with Klaassen aswell....not sure if he can ball at the lvl Everton wants to be but we will see...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pickford is only 23 and was by far (imo) Sunderland's best player, he made some outlandish saves last season, I believe he also made the most saves in the EPL last season too, granted he probably had the most shots too though haha but lets be real, hes English/homegrown so that prolly adds like £5-10mill or something, but yeah I think dude is a great investment for Everton and if they sell him they will prolly get alot more then £30mil for him... I think he will be England's No.1 soon too, so that should add even more to his price tag...
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pickford is only 23 and was by far (imo) Sunderland's best player, he made some outlandish saves last season, I believe he also made the most saves in the EPL last season too, granted he probably had the most shots too though haha but lets be real, hes English/homegrown so that prolly adds like £5-10mill or something, but yeah I think dude is a great investment for Everton and if they sell him they will prolly get alot more then £30mil for him... I think he will be England's No.1 soon too, so that should add even more to his price tag...

what will the transfers be like in 5 years? 50m for a standard rate player? the games gone/going crazy
  • water ur seeds
    edited June 2017
    Options

what will the transfers be like in 5 years? 50m for a standard rate player? the games gone/going crazy

Yeah its crazy, I can only see prices going up and up (especially for established players) unless there is some crazy crash or cap or something... But tbh I think Pickford is worth the money...
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah its crazy, I can only see prices going up and up (especially for established players) unless there is some crazy crash or cap or something... But tbh I think Pickford is worth the money...

Teams get assessed under FFP regulations every 3 years, i don't know much about how it works but as long as your not in the red, your good.

So i guess in a financial sense they have to budget for 3 years instead of 1, but some big teams still keep slipping up.

Someone like Real could gladly spend 150mil on one player this window if they actually needed someone (and i hope utd milk the ? out of them if they come for de gea again knowing this), but if they chill obviously the books end up looking better.

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @toheeb27 so with the Premier League done, you gone or vacation or what?

where's the line-ups???!!!!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited June 2017
    Options
    France look strong......

watch Lloris with the assist to Dele or Kane though!
  • blue_london
    Options
    Lol Theresa may is not a football fan at all she has no idea what's going on
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Harry Kane cant help but score at the moment... Daniel Levi would probably prolly want about £200mil for him haha
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    dembele should have scored
  • blue_london
    Options
    Pogba playing FIFA Street
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Theresa may is not a football fan at all she has no idea what's going on

She looks as lost as her election campaign.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harry Kane cant help but score at the moment... Daniel Levi would probably prolly want about £200mil for him haha

According to that recent study, he's more valuable than Messi
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    mmmmmm............ ? !!!!
    Zuzanna_bouncing.gif
  • blue_london
    Options

According to that recent study, he's more valuable than Messi

Easy to come to that conclusion when your playing for different things
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    England getting outplayed
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Romania upsets Chile 3-2
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Kane with the double
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in this ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Cahill got put in a spell by Pogba! lol
  • blue_london
    Options
    Take 10m of his price tag for that miss
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    theresa may doing mexican waves huh?

now if that had been trump......lol

• Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Jorge Sampaoli lined up Argentina with a 2-3-5 formation in his second match in charge.

Sampaoli going to get the most of this Argentina side smh.