Do you have or think you have cool Parents ?

Options
fortyacres
fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
edited June 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
I know the word "cool" is relative and kinda hard to define went talking about people but in you unbiased opinion do you consider you parent(s) to be cool.

As in fashionable , listen to dope timeless music/movies , how they approach life , the advice they dispense or have dispensed to you , relatively know whats going on in today's culture, technology and trends (without trying too hard) etc ?

or maybe you define it some otherway ?

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My moms was cool for her generation, but not so much for mine...like alot of the ? she was in to (Black power, African culture) was new and poppin in her 'time' but me and my friends wasn't into that ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I remember in middle school & HS thinking the "cool parents" were the ones who let us get ? and smoke weed now i realize they were just some irresponsible ? .

This. My father would let us drink and smoke weed in his house. He had strippers stay in his crib for ? and weed. He let my neighbor son stay there for weed. ? was crazy. Thank ? I was a level headed kid are I would have thought that was how ? was suppose to be.

My son will never live that life. My father straightened up bout time my lil brothers got older.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, my dad "tries" to be. He was that "? " back in the 70's, 80's and 90's and after that prison bid in the 2000s he slowed down and now trying to get back into it... well not anymore since he has another child on the way.
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I remember in middle school & HS thinking the "cool parents" were the ones who let us get ? and smoke weed now i realize they were just some irresponsible ? .

This. My father would let us drink and smoke weed in his house. He had strippers stay in his crib for ? and weed. He let my neighbor son stay there for weed. ? was crazy. Thank ? I was a level headed kid are I would have thought that was how ? was suppose to be.

My son will never live that life. My father straightened up bout time my lil brothers got older.

Before I judge this man's character....did he throw any of that stripper ? your way?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    My moms was cool for her generation, but not so much for mine...like alot of the ? she was in to (Black power, African culture) was new and poppin in her 'time' but me and my friends wasn't into that ?
    Not into black excellence eh?
    pu3mhkwmmu1r.png
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell no. My mom is ok, but i wouldnt say shes cool.

My grandpa though. He's pretty cool.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My entire family is.

Ain't no lames in our blood.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »

Before I judge this man's character....did he throw any of that stripper ? your way?

Yes! ? was beyond what a 14 year old was suppose experience.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Before Jesus completely took over his life last decade, Pops was pretty cool. Now it's all "Bible this" "scripture that". It wore him down. Even when he first started out as a minister than ordained a reverend, he had some funk to him. That's mostly gone now, replaced by a guy with a big heart, but super square on anything else, unless it involves Jay Z. That ? don't know ? about hip-hop except Jay....and Harlem, for some reason.

Moms got style and fashion, so she's got something to her.

At least they party to Marvin Gaye and other old school ? at the house every blue full moon.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom into hip hop & a lot of music like me so she's always been the cool parent. My dad meanwhile like a strong ass James Evans only he didn't die he just left.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother ends every text message with "From Mom"

lmfaoooo my mom always ends with "love, mom."

The ? drives me insane.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    My entire family is.

Ain't no lames in our blood.

It's ironic cause ur a lame lol

So you stalk me or something?

You young ? are ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    My dad is "cooler" than my mom but my mom as a parent>>>>>>>>>>dad
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, my moms from old school NY. So she always tryna pull the jux instead of acting like a normal person. Like this still 1985 and ? . Like she'll hit me up.."I called so and so and they said they would do this, so all you gotta do is let me do this, that way we can do that"..

And you hit up the person she reference and they'll be like.."nah I haven't spoken to her about that at all"

? be mad unnecessary, gets to the point ion wanna have contact wit her at all. Like Ma, you birth me. We got damn near the same level of intelligence...you can't G me fam.

My pops, .....that dude nutso from above the rim
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my dad is...for the most part...one minute hes on some furious styles ? , the next hes asking me about if i heard some trash ass mumble rap song
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My pop has always been super duper strict, but even with that he's always been a cool dad to me. Super chill & laid back, he was the neighborhood dad and all my friends used to ask him for advice. He used to come home from work at 5:30 every day...my friends and I would be playing outside and he'd gather us all around and tell us "knowledge is power, the more you know the further you go" Seems like he told us that always. My friends to this day still bring that up. He's also always gave help when needed; whether advice, a room to stay in, money, etc. I remember there was this baseball camp that both me and my boy attended. ? was expensive and my boy couldn't get the money. Pops paid for it, and even gave him some spending money since we were out of town. He's always done stuff like that. As for music, he was a huge Pac fan. That was always blasting in his truck and when we ride on our enemies and dear mama was his favorite songs. Also became a huge Jeezy fan and can recite 101 word for word.

My mom is cool and kinda lame at the same time lol. She's the older person that's on Facebook and will go through all your friends and request their friendship. I be having to tell her to chill sometimes lol
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I grew up in 2 fun and loving houses.

Not because they let us drink and smoke or anything like that. They are just good people.

My mom always had a soft spot and her house was where my friends went when they were kicked out or having family drama. She would make sure they were fed and had a place to stay..... Even if they were in the wrong. She makes baby blankets for everyone of my bff and my brothers friends kids too. She'll make soup if someone is sick. Just has a good heart

My dad is the BEST . You know when your friends want to spend Father's Day celebrating with my dad and not theirs...you got a good one. And not just like 1 or 2. But several...every year. Even at work there are coworkers who want him to be their dad. We have an on going joke cause he takes me to lunch weekly. He's changed tires for folks ....built a fence ..loaned money ... paid bills .... bought gifts ... been the voice of reason a million times....and loves music and going to see it live. He's played in a blues band and travels all over the world for music festivals. Every loves him.

I'm very fortunate

That's my definition of cool ❤️

My son tells me I'm the cool mom everyone loves but fears

I feel good about that

Lol

Texas