Woman Gunned Down In Front of Her Children In Baltimore

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Detectives filled the 1700 block of Gertrude Street near North Avenue Monday night, looking for answers to one of the city's six overnight homicides.

One neighbor, who does not want to be identified, said: "Every night, it never ceases. When you're in this neighborhood, you're guaranteed to hear at least one gun shot a day."

People who live in the troubled neighborhood are reluctant to say anything.

"I don’t want to be on TV, because I don’t know if someone might feel some way about something I said and they might want to do something to me," said one neighbor.

That's what family members say happened to 37-year-old Charmaine Wilson Monday night.

A family member said Wilson "has called the police so many times, more than a handful of times living in this neighborhood."

The relative, who didn't want to be identified for fear of retaliation, told Fox45 that Wilson had called the police twice Monday - first after two boys tried to steal her son's bike, and the second, around 9 p.m. when six boys assaulted another son.

"The police had left and he was not gone more than seven minutes, and two guys came from the side with masks on their face," said Wilson's sister.

"They walked up to her and shot her two times. Gunned her down right in front of her children."

She died moments later.

Wilson had eight children and two grandchildren. Six of her kids are under the age of 18.

According to a family member, Wilson requested a transfer from her housing unit with the Housing Authority months ago.

"[She] asked for housing to move her because she was scared," she said. "Her kids weren't safe, she wasn't safe, her car was vandalized, her apartment was vandalized, and they did not move her because it wasn't 'enough evidence.' Now my sister - 37 years old, eight kids, two grandkids - is gone, for a bike. And she asked for help."

Detectives were once again at her door, but this time, it's too late.
In a statement, Housing Authority spokesperson Tania Baker said: "HABC is looking into this tragic situation. We cannot release confidential information pertaining to public housing residents."

Family members have launched a Gofundme page.

Comments

• b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrorized in your own neighborhood, scared to get help due to fear of harm to yourself and your family by the local goons

? .
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    But what about black on black cri........oh.....wait...
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    Lets do the math

8 kids
    2 grandkids
    6 kids are under 18
    Single mom

Her ? was a baltimore turnstyle

Bruh you're better than this
    k8hqbm5honq1.gif

Cosign
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    This actually ? me off. I'm not really one to want to flee our communities and live around a bunch of muthafuckas who secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hate me because of the color of my skin. I honestly would much rather be around people who share at least a semblance of the same culture and lifestyle that I enjoy and love. But when you gotta look at ? like this, it's like...what the ? options do you have?

I know there are "predominately black neighborhoods" that don't operate like this...but what of those who can't afford to move there? What of those who want to be close to their family and friends?

Ion't know man... ? just get sickening after while. And you gotta think... It was her in this instance...but in another instance it could've easily been one of her kids in front of HER eyes. And what parent wants to see that?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully those kids can go stay with there 43 year old great great grandma
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twenty2 wrote: »
    This actually ? me off. I'm not really one to want to flee our communities and live around a bunch of muthafuckas who secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hate me because of the color of my skin. I honestly would much rather be around people who share at least a semblance of the same culture and lifestyle that I enjoy and love. But when you gotta look at ? like this, it's like...what the ? options do you have?

I know there are "predominately black neighborhoods" that don't operate like this...but what of those who can't afford to move there? What of those who want to be close to their family and friends?

Ion't know man... ? just get sickening after while. And you gotta think... It was her in this instance...but in another instance it could've easily been one of her kids in front of HER eyes. And what parent wants to see that?

Definition of the trap..... the hood is a trap and there are good people stuck there
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    Lets do the math

8 kids
    2 grandkids
    6 kids are under 18
    Single mom

Her ? was a baltimore turnstyle

Damn! Those numbers look like a Westbrook stat line

8u43olxqj6c7.gif
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I quote: Leave the ghetto as it is, a barren wasteland end quote- Ice T! Trying 2 revitalize the hood is like putting organs in a cadaver. This ain't Frankenstein. I left that Muthafucka and neva looked back. Shame that ghetto mentality is a real thing.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Called the police because kids beat up her son

Police leave

Right after they leave the boys shoot her

Smh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Police in Baltimore don't give a ? unless it's breaking and entering, heroin or murder. That "not enough violence " on the call is ? up but that's just how ? is unfortunately. Idk if yall remember the stop snitchin videos from back in the day but if you contact the police and it looks like you're in cooperation with them that's a death sentence, even if it is to complain about the neighborhood. It's ? up but the whole area is desensitized to a lot, once again gonna be a hot summer these pill poppin teens are the main shooters and they don't give a ? about nothing
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soooo.

very interesting.

funny how certain people don't come in this thread an say the dumb ? .

and yet...some people still try to save those good people who trapped there.

but...ehhh
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    News flash, you can retain your blackness and not live in the hood. ? the hood and every ? that aspires to stay there because they attach it to their identity.

As a man, ain't nothin "real" about keeping your family in soil where your seeds are going to struggle to grow.

We don't have to take the hard road, we're just better at it. Get your credit score up, take that tax money and get a FHMA loan and get up through.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Hopefully those kids can go stay with there 43 year old great great grandma

U cold lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    News flash, you can retain your blackness and not live in the hood. ? the hood and every ? that aspires to stay there because they attach it to their identity.

As a man, ain't nothin "real" about keeping your family in soil where your seeds are going to struggle to grow.

We don't have to take the hard road, we're just better at it. Get your credit score up, take that tax money and get a FHMA loan and get up through.

this needs to be upped every few days to get thru to those certain fukk ? .

? struggle with an identity because they missing that male in they life that shows them what a man is or the woman in their life that can point them towards a true man.

but again..

ehhh
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <--- made my mother's mother a grandmother at 33..
    ? the jokes..

? is ? up what happened to ol' girl..

but for ? to single that out.. her age and kids.. out of the whole story..
    ? commentary soundin like ? cacs would say in the comments section..

? love to reveal themself..
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the jokes..

True ? should very cacs like . That lady lost her bike by defending her property. He children will forever be affected and We can almost bet the circle of violence will occur with one of her children.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    twenty2 wrote: »

Definition of the trap..... the hood is a trap and there are good people stuck there

exactly...
    an it will take those who know and care to go back and get them out.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the jokes..

Yup. That was my next post.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options