@Brian B. U sound like one of my white friends btw
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    No, weed is not a drug (unless it's laced)

now I pop zans, was offered klonopins yrs ago, turned down

but recently I got sum footballs & he had a few klonopins, so I got a few

not worried bout takin them, but since they're both benzodiazepines, would mixin be cool (in low doses of course)?

@Brian B.

It's near impossible to incur a fatal overdose on Benzos alone.

But, drinking or doing opiates (Lean) while taking benzos is a fine-line for your respiratory system.

Also, the major difference between Xanax and K-pins is the half-life. K-pins stay in your system for a much longer period of time. If you took one today, then took one 24 hours from now, it would be like taking 1 1/2. Xanax have a stronger and quicker onset and leave your body within 12 hours.

Nope. Thousands of people die in the US every year from benzos alone. I know. I have attempted to resuscitate dozens of them in the ICU.

A non-tolerant person can ingest easily enough of alprazolam bars alone, and die from respiratory depression/chokingonyourownpuke-syndrome.

People end up in ER all the time with acute intoxication from common prescription benzos, and no alcohol in blood levels, and there is still always a high risk of ? failure and respiratory depression.

I will give you that the dosage needs to be high, your tolerance must be low or absent, there can be unpredicatble complications depending also on pre-exhisting conditions that were simply unknown at the time, but they definitely can send you to meet your Maker.

Anecdotally, I work as a counselor and I've seen people survive absurd amounts of benzos.

I have to say that "the dosage needs to be high" is an understatement, but as you said, there are caveats (poor-health, pre-existing conditions).

However, my choice of words was poor. I should have said "It is unlikely that benzos alone will cause a fatal overdose." In my experience, most of the people using benzos are poly-substance users and benzos are ever-present in heroin overdoses.

From the article that you posted"

""The risk of overdose and death from benzodiazepines themselves is generally low-to-moderate in otherwise health adults," said Dr. Gary Reisfield, professor of psychiatry at the University of Florida, who was not involved in the current study. But in combination with other sedatives, often opioids and alcohol, "their lethality is magnified," Reisfield said.
    In recent research, 75% of benzodiazepine overdose deaths were found to also involve opioid use. ""

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/health/benzodiazepine-sedative-overdose-death-increase/index.html

Can I ask, is the demographic you see associated with this type of overdose also experiencing suicidality? Adolescent through say 35 years of age? Poly-substance users? Or is it everyday folks taking their normal dosage?

As a former substance user and someone who has worked with individuals experiencing SUD, I recognize that the most desirable outcome is abstinence, but harm-reduction is the immediate and attainable goal. I'm weary of telling someone that they are going to die, because when they don't, they feel lied to.

K-Pins build in your system, the impact is insidious. But, he's more likely to find himself in protective custody than to incur a fatal overdose.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Idk what you got going on in your life currently, but got damn mixing drugs ain't the wave. I'm not one to judge I love smoking weed but you're mixing uppers and downers, stay safe brothaman
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Benzos are incredibly dangerous and people don't take them seriously. Consider this as a way of comparison:

In 2015, 14,116 people died from benzos overdose:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/02/18/health/benzodiazepine-sedative-overdose-death-increase/index.html

In the same year, 12,989 people died from street heroin overdoses:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/08/heroin-deaths-surpass-gun-homicides-for-the-first-time-cdc-data-show/

Benzos are seen as "relaxers" and so people think they're mild and safe. They're also weight based dosed so people frequently underestimate how much they're taking.

Bad idea all around.

Benzodiazepines are relatively safe compared to opiates

I've popped 6 bars, as long as you're not mixin it (eg. Alcohol) you'll be aight

although everybody chemistry make up is different

EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT
    is what the casual reader should take from benzos
    While u can take 6 no prob,,, meanwhile I would be having nightmares with demons waking me in the night and massive memory loss

Also to answer question
    Don't mix until u know how each one reacts to your body individual
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Took em both, ate sum food, smoked sum dank, fell asleep, now I'm up lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

not worried bout takin them, but since they're both benzodiazepines, would mixin be cool (in low doses of course)?

giphy.gif

Lmaooooo
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Brian trolling.

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't stop using. KEEP using. Then instead of poping one pill pop TWO. Pop em all. When you get high use literally EVERYTHING they got to get high.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ask ASAP Yams
  • Brian B.
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Ask ASAP Yams

Once again, opiates
  • Brian B.
    Options
    it was aight

I'll stick to dank & bars
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come nobody does mushrooms anymore?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Fosheezy is gonna go down for assisted suicide

Catch invol mnslghtr like that one white girl
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »

I done did shrooms before. ? cool but so wouldn't do that ? like that
  • Brian B.
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Man, I've popped hundreds of bars & footballs

Ima pop another now & blow this dank

cool on them klonopins tho
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

They do.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

it's also hard to find unless you have white friends
  • Brian B.
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

it's also hard to find unless you have white friends

Had a white boy plug on em few yrs ago

? had me lookin at the ceiling & it was wavin back & forth like the ocean.. trippy mane lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? wild..

im scared of anything not 80proof..
    and leary of anything not Grey Goose..
  • Brian B.
    Options
    yall ? wild..

im scared of anything not 80proof..
    and leary of anything not Grey Goose..

Zans are not opiates (heroin)

pop a bar, roll sum dank, take a few shots of Crown (my go to) & thank me later