Trump begins to close relations with Cuba and demands they return Assata Shakur

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
imma let the devilish NY Post lay it out for you "elections don't matter" ? :

President Trump on Friday announced his tough new policy on Cuba — and demanded that the Communist country return the American fugitives it harbors, including cop-killer Joanne Chesimard.

“Return the fugitives from American justice including the return of the cop-killer Joanne Chesimard,” Trump thundered to applause and shouts of “Viva Trump.”

“To the Castro regime, I repeat, the harboring of criminals and fugitives will end. You have no choice. It will end,” he said at an event in Miami’s Little Havana.

Chesimard, a Queens-born black activist who changed her name to Assata Shakur, was a Black Liberation Army member who was convicted of killing a police officer in 1977.

She escaped from prison with the help of other BLA terrorists (TERRORISTS LAUNCH NON-LETHAL RAIDS NOW? AIIGHT THEN....) and in 1984 fled to Cuba, where the Castro regime granted her political asylum.

Under the president’s policy — which reverses some but not all of the changes introduced by the Obama administration when it restored diplomatic ties with the island nation — American citizens will be barred from staying in US-based hotels that operate in Cuba in partnership with the Cuban government.

Marriott is the only US hotel company with a property open in Cuba, and Trump’s new regulation could put its license renewal as well as the planned opening of a second hotel in jeopardy.

Marriott said in a statement it was taking a wait-and-see attitude about Trump’s plan. (lol they gonna cut a deal to open a Trump Marriott in Havana)

“We have invested significant resources establishing a presence in Cuba, and with one hotel open and another in the pipeline we have just begun our work creating opportunity and a more vibrant tourism sector on the island,” the company said.

“We are still analyzing the policy directive issued by the president today, and its full effect on our current and planned operations in Cuba may depend on related forthcoming regulations.”

Trump basked in applause and cheers from the crowd in Little Havana.

But outside, Cuban-American protesters slammed the change.

“The Cuban people want more Americans coming, they want opportunity. They live off these tips they make in the private sector,”
Patrick Hidalgo, a Cuban-American activist, told Miami’s NBC News affiliate.

“Any curtailing of that is not good for the cause of democracy itself, the transition and for just the daily living of average Cubans.”

Inside, the president slammed the Castro regime for human rights violations. (finally found a dictator he didn't like)

Many senators, including Arizona Republican Jeff Flake, are opposed to Trump’s policy.

Change “that diminishes the ability of Americans to travel freely to Cuba is not in the best interests of the United States or the Cuban people,” he said.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/16/trump-cancels-obamas-deal-with-cuba/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Cbk0Wo5H8

SCUST.

Comments

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very soon it will be little America
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the point of this?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “To the Castro regime, I repeat, the harboring of criminals and fugitives will end. ''

So they gonna fully close Guantanamo Bay?

Nah that's right, that's the relation to Cuba we don't supposed to highlight.
  • radio_santana
    radio_santana Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Options
    No president elect should be allowed to revert policies of the former. Specifically those policies that society economically and politically boons from
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    No president elect should be allowed to revert policies of the former. Specifically those policies that society economically and politically boons from

pres·i·dent-e·lect
    noun
    a person who has been elected president but has not yet taken up office.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    b'mer... wrote: »
    So to everyone that said that Obama didnt do anything while in office, just take a look at all of the record breaking executive orders (legislation passed wirhout the approval of congress) trump has signed. Meaning that his presidency is based on just reversing Obama's work for the world. Doesn't take any skill to do what this fukkkin idiot is doing. #FUKKKtRUMP #FUKKKYOUIFYOUVOTED4HIM #FUKKCOONS #FUKKKOBAMAHATERS #SHRUGS!!!

Hmmmm, so Barry was your savior huh that got your emotions at a fever pitch? Okkkkkkkk....

Blue Lives Matter bill
    Sang at a Black church after it was shot up by Dylan Roof and that's all that was done
    Blocked Claud Anderson from getting reparations for Blacks
    Tried to enforce transgender bathrooms in schools
    Criticized those protesting for Mike Brown and others while giving no support or solutions
    There's more but, carry on with your low "super hero" standards.

Its obviously inaccurate to say he "did nothing" and all that is I think the main point. All the lies of voting doesnt matter and Hillary and Trump are the same (come on people) and all that. All those lies that there is no way to deny were inaccurate. I think people understand he didnt do everything everybody would want their individual way. But thats where realistic people and others seem to differ. There is literally no way to please everyone but that doesnt make the nonsense and lies true. Thats a different point from voting mattering and the fact of what he did as President. Frankly dude, what you mentioned here, dont know what this is supposed to prove at all except he didnt do exactly as you wanted. This is actually an illustration of how little his haters actually have. I thought it may be more than this. Ran out of steam and its crazy how little there is against him and even Hillary. I never really see anything substantial beyond opinion.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This dude just wants to settle white america's old grudges much to the hindrance of what this nation is supposed to be today.

It's like learn to take an L and move on. Your stupid regressive agenda is gonna cost us so much more money and resources. What a ? . At first it was funny but in his own terms now it's just "Sad!".
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Seriously muthafuck this guy.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Seriously muthafuck this guy.

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    b'mer... wrote: »
    So to everyone that said that Obama didnt do anything while in office, just take a look at all of the record breaking executive orders (legislation passed wirhout the approval of congress) trump has signed. Meaning that his presidency is based on just reversing Obama's work for the world. Doesn't take any skill to do what this fukkkin idiot is doing. #FUKKKtRUMP #FUKKKYOUIFYOUVOTED4HIM #FUKKCOONS #FUKKKOBAMAHATERS #SHRUGS!!!

Hmmmm, so Barry was your savior huh that got your emotions at a fever pitch? Okkkkkkkk....

Blue Lives Matter bill
    Sang at a Black church after it was shot up by Dylan Roof and that's all that was done
    Blocked Claud Anderson from getting reparations for Blacks
    Tried to enforce transgender bathrooms in schools
    Criticized those protesting for Mike Brown and others while giving no support or solutions
    There's more but, carry on with your low "super hero" standards.
    ? ? why u care about transgender bathrooms thats has no place in this discusion
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hope he continues to eat with no regard for his health and he keels over. Knowing our luck though, this ? will live to see a 100.

People that are this evil and spiteful, and contribute ? all to the world, never die when people want them to.

And I know it's bad karma to wish death on someone, but he really has to go.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It's a reason why white ppl wanna overturn everything Obama done.

Because it benefits blacks in some form or fashion
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "But how will this affect Black people ?"

"Democrats and Republicans are 2 sides of the same coin. )" (Queue Malcolm X speech) "See !"

"You know the democrats invented slavery, don't you ?"

"It doesn't who the president is, that's why I only vote locally."

"Hillary is crooked tho. Remember Super Predator ?"

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump son in law owns New York Post
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    It's a reason why white ppl wanna overturn everything Obama done.

Because it benefits blacks in some form or fashion

For some reason there are people who have an issue with apparent and obvious facts. No they need to twist and lie and convolute and make up "alternative facts". "Obama did nothing" uh...do you not see all the executive orders and legislative proposals to reverse the very things done by Obama's administration? I can give just one example of whay that is a flat out lie (in addition to the numerous other lies) Obama and Holder reversed mandatory minimums for nonviolent offenders (they "did" something right there) Trump and Sessions reversed that to bring them back. Look it up Im not making that up. There is plenty more. It is a very weird thing to actively lie to yourself despite what is really going on. And of course you have the ones with an agenda.
    None of them have anything at this point. I was pretty "disappointed" in the one attempt to tell how Obama did nothing or was so bad here. Like that was absolutely nothing but opinions. There is/was literally nothing substantial to the Obama/Hillary hate these people were on? They only try to pop up every blue moon as it is. With nothing. Like thats superhuman ridiculousness. So it was all truly basically nothing and reverse thinking? thats it? I knew it was erroneous but I thought it would be maybe a little more to it looking at it and remembering the rhetoric and attitudes and behavior from them at the time. Not enough to change the reality of the choice, but at least a lil something in there. No one who didnt have a "savior" complex or were just uninformed thought Obama would do their wish list he's not omnipotent.
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options