Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me"

Options

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    https://youtu.be/oaR6D_SBI2g

Woodface better stop playing with Hutt B4 Hutt takes it back 2 the 96 makaveli ryding days deathrizzo style Hutt ain't scared of no ny snitch..
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Lol@ woodface having alot of ? to pop about the movie cuz Hutt was behind it & Hutt dissed woodface for doing the bmf show.....

Idk how you do it, but it's amazing how you find someway to diss 50
  • gee757
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lol@ woodface having alot of ? to pop about the movie cuz Hutt was behind it & Hutt dissed woodface for doing the bmf show.....

Idk how you do it, but it's amazing how you find someway to diss 50

U foolish idiot woodface was ig thuggin dissin Hutt last yr go look on his ig..

• Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my review of All Eyes on Me that I posted on fb yesterday after watching it.

So I just watched All Eyes on Me.......i enjoyed the biopic (I think that's what this type of film is called)......im just going to give my thoughts on it..i think Demetrius Shipp Jr. did a good job playing Pac. I'm sure the role was super challenging. When he first walked on screen I was like aww ? because he doesnt have Pacs intensity(but who does?) As the movie went on his performance got more believable. I liked how they portrayed Afeni and Jada ( I know Jada has issues with the accuracy of the biopic and I respect that)... I think outside of Jada, Afeni, Kidada, Tupac, Les, and Atron the characters weren't portrayed with much depth. Overall, this movie was done way better than Notorious and Straight Outta Compton. I think they treated Pac's life story with respect and I commend the producers, writers, and director for that.
    There were definitely some inaccuracies but I'll let the people who were there in real life elaborate on those things. But having Pac perform Hail Mary at the House of Blues was dumb imo. That song obviously came out after Pac's assassination.
    Overall, I see this biopic being a huge box office success and I see a bright future for Demetrius Shipp Jr. I think Pac would be happy that an unknown, untrained actor landed the role.
    What y'all think?
    Oh yeah, it was a trip seeing Money B on the big screen. He played himself. Ive worked with Money B before and he is hella cool. Also, seeing the homie Leila portrayed was a trip. The Digital Underground scenes were super dope to me! Ok thats it I'm done.
    Damn 1 more thing. I liked the storytelling device they used of telling the story from the time of his incareration and famous vibe interview with Kevin Powell. They could have told the story differently but that worked and made sense. (Hey, I'm a writer and I pay attention to these things.)
  • gee757
    Options
    Aztec_Kang wrote: »
    This is my review of All Eyes on Me that I posted on fb yesterday after watching it.

So I just watched All Eyes on Me.......i enjoyed the biopic (I think that's what this type of film is called)......im just going to give my thoughts on it..i think Demetrius Shipp Jr. did a good job playing Pac. I'm sure the role was super challenging. When he first walked on screen I was like aww ? because he doesnt have Pacs intensity(but who does?) As the movie went on his performance got more believable. I liked how they portrayed Afeni and Jada ( I know Jada has issues with the accuracy of the biopic and I respect that)... I think outside of Jada, Afeni, Kidada, Tupac, Les, and Atron the characters weren't portrayed with much depth. Overall, this movie was done way better than Notorious and Straight Outta Compton. I think they treated Pac's life story with respect and I commend the producers, writers, and director for that.
    There were definitely some inaccuracies but I'll let the people who were there in real life elaborate on those things. But having Pac perform Hail Mary at the House of Blues was dumb imo. That song obviously came out after Pac's assassination.
    Overall, I see this biopic being a huge box office success and I see a bright future for Demetrius Shipp Jr. I think Pac would be happy that an unknown, untrained actor landed the role.
    What y'all think?
    Oh yeah, it was a trip seeing Money B on the big screen. He played himself. Ive worked with Money B before and he is hella cool. Also, seeing the homie Leila portrayed was a trip. The Digital Underground scenes were super dope to me! Ok thats it I'm done.
    Damn 1 more thing. I liked the storytelling device they used of telling the story from the time of his incareration and famous vibe interview with Kevin Powell. They could have told the story differently but that worked and made sense. (Hey, I'm a writer and I pay attention to these things.)

Chuuch
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Pac performing hail mary
  • gee757
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

On soc they had pac doing hail Mary wit Dre in the studio..
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    The thing that killed for me was how garbage this actor was. Yea he looks like Pac but he showed no emotion in his role at all.

And this movie was made for the mainstream fans who listen to only California Love and How Do you want it.
    They ? the house of blues scene for the love of ? they need to stop playing HAIL MARY it's a top 5 Pac song but that man never performed that song live and it came out 2 months after he died.

That Juice scene was super cringe worthy this fool is a super trash actor and he better hope this movie does good cause I don't see him doing anything major after this.

LT Hutton should go hide in Cuba with Pac for having Snoop doing a voice over on his character, you might as well throw him in the movie for doing all that. And adding those fabricated Jada scenes was bad too.. smfh.

My cousin had to go find another seat in the movie cause I couldnt stop talking and pointing every ? flaw in this trash ass movie...

John Singleton needs to do a new Pac biopic with a whole new cast SUGE from SOC was way more convincing than this puerto rican looking Suge.

I disagree with Demetrius he did a fine job and had the mannerisms down to a T. His performance was fine IMO. And the woman who played Afeni did her thing too.

Didn't you want Kobe Bryant to play Pac ? Menace Kobe is 6'6" :joy: come on fam !!

The rest we can agree with.

I agree the dude playing Pac did surprisingly well....i figured no one would match pacs charisma...while he wasn't quite there it was a lot better than i expected....when he's performing looking at the crowd with his tongue out was spot on
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whose to say that Pac never performed Hail Mary before he died?

Just because it was released after his death doesn't necessarily mean that he never performed it. Obviously the song existed before his death. He was alive when he made it. Its entirely plausible that he performed Hail Mary before he got shot in Las Vegas.

In fact, its even possible that Dre was still on Death Row when Hail Mary was recorded. I'm not stating it as a fact, but how many people on the IC can say they were in the studio and at the Death Row office when all of this was going down?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Just because it was released after his death doesn't necessarily mean that he never performed it. Obviously the song existed before his death. He was alive when he made it. Its entirely plausible that he performed Hail Mary before he got shot in Las Vegas.

In fact, its even possible that Dre was still on Death Row when Hail Mary was recorded. I'm not stating it as a fact, but how many people on the IC can say they were in the studio and at the Death Row office when all of this was going down?

We weren't living in a damn Stone age back then surely it would've been professionally recorded.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pac performed "Troublesome" and Never Call U ? Again and we seen the footage. Why would'nt there be footage of him performing Hail Mary???
  • _Menace_
    Options

They also had Dre checking SUGE multiple times which had me puzzled. And they had Eazy in a car crying when he seen the Chronic billboard... Knowing he was getting paid for that record
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

We weren't living in a damn Stone age back then surely it would've been professionally recorded.

Pac performed "Troublesome" and Never Call U ? Again and we seen the footage. Why would'nt there be footage of him performing Hail Mary???

Not necessarily. Is every concert from 1996 recorded? Can you honestly say that there's a recording of every rap/Hip Hop show from 1996?

Again, I'm not stating this as a fact, but i remember when Straight Outta Compton came out and he was recording Hail Mary everybody said that was a mistake that the directors and producers should have caught. Now with this new movie people are saying the same thing.

Maybe you guys are wrong and 2Pac recorded Hail Mary when Dre was still on Death Row and performed it before his death.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

They also had Dre checking SUGE multiple times which had me puzzled. And they had Eazy in a car crying when he seen the Chronic billboard... Knowing he was getting paid for that record

Wait hol up I don't recall Eazy-E being in the movie, that ain't happen. And Dre didn't check Suge, they stared each other down in the hallway but that's it.

Pretty sure he's talking about SOC
  • Stew
    Options

Not necessarily. Is every concert from 1996 recorded? Can you honestly say that there's a recording of every rap/Hip Hop show from 1996?

Again, I'm not stating this as a fact, but i remember when Straight Outta Compton came out and he was recording Hail Mary everybody said that was a mistake that the directors and producers should have caught. Now with this new movie people are saying the same thing.

Maybe you guys are wrong and 2Pac recorded Hail Mary when Dre was still on Death Row and performed it before his death.

A Tupac show in 1996 would've been recorded, he was only the biggest artist in the world at the time.
  • _Menace_
    Options

Wait hol up I don't recall Eazy-E being in the movie, that ain't happen. And Dre didn't check Suge, they stared each other down in the hallway but that's it.

Pretty sure he's talking about SOC

• _Menace_
    Options

Im not about to do all this...
  • _Menace_
    Options

Actually I got time.

When Pac went to Deathrow he got started on AEOM, Dre had left way before he started on the Don Killuminati.
    And Pac recorded that album in week towards the end of his life. Dre wasnt around when he was starting the Don Killuminati
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So who got the drop on this? Down time is a Must for me
  • Stew
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/oaR6D_SBI2g

Woodface better stop playing with Hutt B4 Hutt takes it back 2 the 96 makaveli ryding days deathrizzo style Hutt ain't scared of no ny snitch..

Lol that ? not about to run up on 50 stop it. 50 a hater but nobody about to fight over this b

Gee been waiting for somebody to murk the whole Aftermath/Shady/Gunit crew for bout 6 years. He gonna be fightin that fight till he lay in the ground, beleeeeev that.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Dre officially left Death Row around March. And "Hail Mary" (and most of the Makaveli album) was recorded in July.

Another inaccuracy in the biopic is Pac actually telling Dre that he's fulfilled his 3-album contract and was ready to leave the label.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    So no one is gonna mention the DOC look alike who was PACs size playing Frank Alexander who was at least 6'5 250lbs?? Like the most simple ? they messed it up
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    I havent seen it yet, but as a pac fan i was wondering did they have any poetic justice and above the rim scenes being shot in the film, and did they talk about him allegedly beating up the director for not getting the part of o dawg in menace 2 society, or how jimmy henchman was the main culprit in the quad studios shooting, his relationship with quincy jones daughter, was it any talk about him leaving death row, did they explore the thug life album, or him taking the mic from q tip at the source awards to perform out on bail, the work ethnic he instilled within the outlaws, why he and snoop fall out, the process of recording makaveli album, is shock g even in the film, what about the Madonna rumor, B.I.G.'s reaction to hit em up, any music from the strictly 4 my ? record, keep your head up video shoot, if he was hesitant to sign to suge knight at first, his mother problems with drugs and how it affected him, the mindstate he was in while recording death around the corner? if so im eager to see it, so many unanswered questions i have about his life so i hope its refreshing, personally i would have made it 3 hours if i directed it.