Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me"

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    I havent seen it yet, but as a pac fan i was wondering did they have any poetic justice and above the rim scenes being shot in the film, and did they talk about him allegedly beating up the director for not getting the part of o dawg in menace 2 society, or how jimmy henchman was the main culprit in the quad studios shooting, his relationship with quincy jones daughter, was it any talk about him leaving death row, did they explore the thug life album, or him taking the mic from q tip at the source awards to perform out on bail, the work ethnic he instilled within the outlaws, why he and snoop fall out, the process of recording makaveli album, is shock g even in the film, what about the Madonna rumor, B.I.G.'s reaction to hit em up, any music from the strictly 4 my ? record, keep your head up video shoot, if he was hesitant to sign to suge knight at first, his mother problems with drugs and how it affected him, the mindstate he was in while recording death around the corner? if so im eager to see it, so many unanswered questions i have about his life so i hope its refreshing, personally i would have made it 3 hours if i directed it.

You expect too much if you expect even a tenth of what you wrote to be shown in this film.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They did Pac justice with the film I am satisfied with it. They should have expounded on the making of Makaveli and Me Against The World though. Id put it in the same tier as the NWA film. Strongly recommend checking it out, the film connected a bunch of dots for me. Lowkey I overlooked how brilliant Afeni had to be the raise a man as brillant as Pac.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahBfVC8s_Y

Game is in full on Stan mode for this wack ass Pac movie...
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Already posted
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Yo and there was no Johnny J

I wasn't planning on watching this, but this jus confirmed it. Cant do a Pac movie w/o Johnny J. J did most of Pac's pre-death row production. smh
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    According to imdb.com, Johnny J was (supposedly) played by somebody named Phil Armijo but I don't recall him being in the film either.

There's a lot of people who were supposed to be portrayed in the film; I'm thinking either they just weren't mentioned by name in the film or their scenes were deleted. I also noticed a few scenes in the trailer missing and I really didn't like the way they jumped from scene to scene. I hope they do an extended blu-ray version.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to spoiler ya'll ?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to spoiler ya'll ?

Lol@ this
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Is hail mary the only song they can gets rights to lool
  • harry knucklez
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Is hail mary the only song they can gets rights to lool

Did Daz own the rights to Hail Mary? If so that may be the reason the song was heavily used. The producer is working on Daz DPG movie

I doubt it. He didn't produce or write any of it.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    This movie was made for white ppl
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Yeah cosign Daz had like 5 seconds of screen time and Menace is not exaggerating. Dr.Dre had maybe 3 minutes tops, they recorded California Love and then that was it.

Fam I left that theater fuming... PAC deserved a better Biopic than that 50 was not hating he was telling the truth..
    They were rushing through everything just to get to when he joined deathrow. They didnt even show snoop and dre that much on the deathrow scenes.

And when he was out in the BAY where was Richie Rich,Spice 1 and E-40? This was straight hollywood ? .

Catering to the mainstream fan base. The BAY played a huge role in PAC's career and they barely touched on that.

Yeah they ? it up.

They should have done it in 4 pieces from when he was a kid, highschool, New York and then LA/Deathrow. The ending they should have made into a tribute for Pac similar to SOC.

I am very certain WE you and I could have made a better movie that would have dominated the box office too and gotten critical acclaim....

They touched on all that what aeom did u watch?? I guess different places got different versions of the movie..smh

They did but it wasn't entirely in order. Some of the events were a bit all over the place.

How the movie was done made perfect sense it was pac n jail telling Kevin Powell his story...yes alot of things was left out & inaccurate but for the most part they covered alot...u can't tell pacs story n 2hrs u would have to be sitting in the theater for aleast 5hrs to get the whole pac story

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah cosign Daz had like 5 seconds of screen time and Menace is not exaggerating. Dr.Dre had maybe 3 minutes tops, they recorded California Love and then that was it.

Fam I left that theater fuming... PAC deserved a better Biopic than that 50 was not hating he was telling the truth..
    They were rushing through everything just to get to when he joined deathrow. They didnt even show snoop and dre that much on the deathrow scenes.

And when he was out in the BAY where was Richie Rich,Spice 1 and E-40? This was straight hollywood ? .

Catering to the mainstream fan base. The BAY played a huge role in PAC's career and they barely touched on that.

Yeah they ? it up.

They should have done it in 4 pieces from when he was a kid, highschool, New York and then LA/Deathrow. The ending they should have made into a tribute for Pac similar to SOC.

I am very certain WE you and I could have made a better movie that would have dominated the box office too and gotten critical acclaim....

They touched on all that what aeom did u watch?? I guess different places got different versions of the movie..smh

They did but it wasn't entirely in order. Some of the events were a bit all over the place.

How the movie was done made perfect sense it was pac n jail telling Kevin Powell his story...yes alot of things was left out & inaccurate but for the most part they covered alot...u can't tell pacs story n 2hrs u would have to be sitting in the theater for aleast 5hrs to get the whole pac story

Which makes you wonder why they didn't make it a 5 part series like The Get Down.

The Get Down's plot is a story that could have been made into a movie, but 2 hours isn't enough time. So they made it a series.

I'm surprised that nobody thought of making Pac's story into a series instead of a movie.
  • gee757
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Lol @ Pac performing hail mary

On soc they had pac doing hail Mary wit Dre in the studio..

They also had Dre checking SUGE multiple times which had me puzzled. And they had Eazy in a car crying when he seen the Chronic billboard... Knowing he was getting paid for that record

All these movies got they flaws
    Cain wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/oaR6D_SBI2g

Woodface better stop playing with Hutt B4 Hutt takes it back 2 the 96 makaveli ryding days deathrizzo style Hutt ain't scared of no ny snitch..

Lol that ? not about to run up on 50 stop it. 50 a hater but nobody about to fight over this b

U must not seen woodface ig thuggin Last yr making threats to Hutt talking about running up on him......& Woodface big ? ass know damn well he ain't gonna do ? but ? around & get shot again

Funny how vocal he is for PAC on this movie but was silent as ? when Wack 100 was popping off on PAC

Can u admit game is a bipolar butterfly blood ? ??cuz now this tongue ring queen is on ig talkin bout wack knew pac smh
  • RickyRich
    Options

Yeah they ? it up.

Ya but they should atleast made sense of everything . Iphone in 96 ? Pac performing hail mary . Pac didnt want to leave deathrow .
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Pac would say one thing and do another . For examplw vegas he didnt qant to go and told suge hes not going then decide to go last min
  • gee757
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Yeah they ? it up.

Which makes you wonder why they didn't make it a 5 part series like The Get Down.

The Get Down's plot is a story that could have been made into a movie, but 2 hours isn't enough time. So they made it a series.

I'm surprised that nobody thought of making Pac's story into a series instead of a movie.

Maybe they'll do that 1day
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »

Yeah they ? it up.

They probably did but figured they would make more money in the theaters. It's a money grab IMO

Yup...the majority of the public is not going to sit thru a 5hr pac movie
  • harry knucklez
    Options
    The restaurant scene where Suge confronted that dude and made him eat made me rolling. I actually thought it was the Sam Sneed ? for a second.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How was the actor who played suge?

From the few clips i saw i wasnt buyin it
  • gee757
    Options
    The restaurant scene where Suge confronted that dude and made him eat made me rolling. I actually thought it was the Sam Sneed ? for a second.

I thought Sam Sneed was the Kat that caught the beat down n the studio
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People that's hating on Pac movie:
    -Butthurt Big fans
    - People who think Carter 3 is a classic