2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lakers aren't winning nothin with pg.He'd be winning 38-44 games in warm weather instead of freezing in indiana

giphy.gif
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ainge needs to make that move for pg.Give em crowder and a pick the rest filler.Take a gamble

Playing on a winning team that could go to the finals may change his mind.

Lakers aren't winning nothin with pg.He'd be winning 38-44 games in warm weather instead of freezing in indiana

As a gm, you can't take that gamble, it could set your franchise back year's.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Ainge needs to make that move for pg.Give em crowder and a pick the rest filler.Take a gamble

As a gm, you can't take that gamble, it could set your franchise back year's.

A pick, Crowder and some filler wouldnt set Boston back even if it turned out to be a rental, they have enough assets where they can afford to take risk like that

For pg, a year rental, that's 2 first round picks.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think a move is on deck, if we sign Blake or Hayward along with a Paul George trade I'm happy with the trade especially if we can keep at least 1 of these lotto picks
  • TheBossman
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I think a move is on deck, if we sign Blake or Hayward along with a Paul George trade I'm happy with the trade especially if we can keep at least 1 of these lotto picks

? living In a dream world..... I'll take that #1 pick and chill......
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The PG thing is different.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm Indy the conversation begins with either Jaylon Brown or the 2018 Nets pick.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm Indy the conversation begins with either Jaylon Brown or the 2018 Nets pick.

Brown is cool cuz they'd have a log jam of wings and they can draft tatum #3 this year(he'll be better than brown imo)

'18 nets pick is ridiculous pacers have no leverage.Who else offering a young player with upside for a rental
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Brown is cool cuz they'd have a log jam of wings and they can draft tatum #3 this year(he'll be better than brown imo)

'18 nets pick is ridiculous pacers have no leverage.Who else offering a young player with upside for a rental

The pick might have to be slightly protected maybe top 3 and while they currently lack leverage they can create it by playing a few teams against each other. If the Lakers jump into the mix and offer Randle(young player with upside) + Clarkson then the Celtics will be forced to either one up the offer or drop out of the race. Boston doesn't have to include the pick tho they can go a number of routes with different packages but like I said if I'm Indy I want either Brown or that pick in any combination of assets we get back.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The pick might have to be slightly protected maybe top 3 and while they currently lack leverage they can create it by playing a few teams against each other. If the Lakers jump into the mix and offer Randle(young player with upside) + Clarkson then the Celtics will be forced to either one up the offer or drop out of the race. Boston doesn't have to include the pick tho they can go a number of routes with different packages but like I said if I'm Indy I want either Brown or that pick in any combination of assets we get back.

Randle eligible for an extension this fall/rfa next summer.Brown 2 years left on rookie contract and can be a young piece to team up wit turner.

It's whatever pacers ? and the ? bulls could be in this same position a year from now if they hold on to jimmy while putting these mediocre weak teams together wasting his prime.

I hate these gm's they get paid millions to be incompetent.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2017
    Options

Randle eligible for an extension this fall/rfa next summer.Brown 2 years left on rookie contract and can be a young piece to team up wit turner.

It's whatever pacers ? and the ? bulls could be in this same position a year from now if they hold on to jimmy while putting these mediocre weak teams together wasting his prime.

I agree Brown is a better piece and the Celtics can put together the best package but just because he's a rental doesn't mean he'll come cheap. I think they look for something similar to what the Kings got for Cousins. Something like Brown + 2018 Laker pick(protected) + filler.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

What'd be your asking price for Jimmy?

At this point I just want the Knicks to get like the Clippers 1st rd pick in 2020 or some ? for Melo
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black and the 28th would be generous offer from the Lakers since we don't have to give up ? anyway
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ this ? KD on Twitter
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Lol @ this ? KD on Twitter

Lol ? troll game strong
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're gonna acquire Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis and form a Big 5!
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if the Cavs trade Love, they will be going after Bosh