The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    tlvmmhkddmm5.jpg

Lol damn I totally forgot that scorpion existed. Haven't even thought aboUT him since the animated series was out
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    I'm really trying to follow the logic here with venom. Eddie brock hated spiderman cuz he cost him his job. How the ? is that spos to work when Spiderman is still in high school in this iteration?

They are going the Fox route and saying ? the source material.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    New still of aunt may.

fw6d2gusn02r.jpg

Call me muthafuckin Uncle Ben
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm really trying to follow the logic here with venom. Eddie brock hated spiderman cuz he cost him his job. How the ? is that spos to work when Spiderman is still in high school in this iteration?

Could still get him fired, somehow. Little things like that are the main worry about the Venom movie, ? needs to be good.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be taking some of Flashs story
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marissa Tomei as Aunt May makes me wanting to be Peter Parker...funny.

? it shes not my aunt.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    tlvmmhkddmm5.jpg

Lol damn I totally forgot that scorpion existed. Haven't even thought aboUT him since the animated series was out

they should have been used him
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Marissa Tomei as Aunt May makes me wanting to be Peter Parker...funny.

? it shes not my aunt.

Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

Don't drink and post kids.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody thinks Thanos is gonna try to get one of the stones in Thor Ragnarok?

Tesseract is in Asgard
    Mind Stone is with Vision
    Reality Stone/Aether is with the Collector(I think)
    Power Stone is with Nova Corps
    Time Stone is with Doctor Strange

Thats two stones(Tesseract and Reality Stone/Aether) associated with Thor. Three if you count the fact that Doctor Strange is helping Thor find Loki.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Collector shows up in Ragnarok since him and Jeff Goldblums characters look like they're the same race or related.

--edit--
    Forgot about that Soul stone.. so yeah.. he might show up to Wakanda lmao

Even tho they did introduce Adam W. so who knows

I think the collector and goldblums character are indeed related somehow.

In the thanos acronym for the stones, H is the only one missing and that will be the soul stone. I think it will show up in thor. H is either hammer, heimdall, or hela. I think maybe they will take the stone to Wakanda for safe keeping like how they did the tesseract to asgard and thanos will go retrieve it from wakanda, making panther get involved in the infinity war.

Goldblum is the GrandMaster, brother of the Collector
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black man from Africa reaction to trailer....priceless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_hSGY3qJnw

lets gooooo!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Marvel’s Inhumans Reveals New Poster, ABC Premiere Date

inhumans-logo.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=100&w=984&h=518&fit=crop

Marvel’s Inhumans has announced its broadcast premiere date with the release of a new poster featuring Black Bolt, Medusa and Maximus the Mad.

The drama will debut Friday, Sept. 29, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC with two back-t0-back episodes. That’s four weeks after the first two episodes premiere in IMAX theaters, and a few dates later than the previously announced Sept. 26 broadcast debut date.

inhumans-poster.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=100&w=744&h=1102&fit=crop

The poster depicts Anson Mount as Inhumans King Black Bolt, Serinda Swan as Queen Medusa, and Iwan Rheon as Black Bolt’s treasonous brother Maximus the Mad.

After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.

The eight-episode series centers on the Royal Family of the Inhumans, a race of genetically advanced humans with extraordinary powers introduced in 1965 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in Marvel’s Fantastic Four.

The drama stars Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Iwan Rheon as Maximus the Mad, Serinda Swan as Queen Medusa, Ken Leung as Karnak, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Mike Moh as Triton and Sonya Balmores as Auran.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-inhumans-tv-premiere-date/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    After the reveal of the team I wasnt all that hype about Inhumans being a TV show. Was excited when they had it lined up as a film. After finally giving Agents of SHIELD a good watch, my anticipation level is up and im looking forward to seeing Inhumans. Currently just seen the SHIELD episodes where Skye gets turned into Quake and is at the secret inhumans area meeting everyone.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Marvel & Sony Finally Agree On Venom’s Place In (Or Outside) the MCU

venom-social.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=100&w=852&h=449&fit=crop

There’s been a ton of contradiction and confusion surrounding Venom’s place within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Upon the announcement of a film starring the Marvel Comics anti-hero, Sony seemed to indicate the film would be outside the MCU — while producer Amy Pascal would later go on to say Venom, in addition to characters like Black Cat and Silver Sable, are indeed within the live-action shared universe, which is also inhabited by the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and most recently, Spider-Man.

Well, thanks to ComicBook.com, we have a definitive answer surrounding those Sony characters’ place in the MCU. Here it is: Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable and the rest of the Sony-verse Spider-Man characters will not be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“Here’s what we’re doing: all these characters are a part of the Marvel comic book universe,” Pascal said. “In that universe, they are all related to each other. Kevin [Feige] makes characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These characters are separate, except for Spidey, who belongs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is why he’s there.”

When asked if a Spider-Man/Venom crossover could be possible down the road, Feige said, “We never say never,” then continued, “You could ask me, ‘Is Superman gonna be there?’ I go, ‘Never say never,’ but not any time soon.”

So, there you have it, the Tom Hardy-led Venom film will exist outside the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-sony-agree-venom-marvel-universe/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Marvel's Kevin Feige Reveals When Phase 4 Movies Will Be Announced

Marvel fans are very excited for the upcoming slate of films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase Three initiative. Spider-Man: Homecoming is currently earning rave reviews; the trailer for Black Panther is generating massive hype; and Avengers: Infinity War is one of the most anticipated blockbuster movies of 2018. With so much excitement surrounding Phase 3 of the MCU, it's hard to imagine the massive changes that are coming with Phase 4.

However, if Marvel fans are expecting another big announcement event coming this summer during Comic-Con or D23 - or some entire event dedicate to teasing the next slew of MCU films - they should think again. It seems we have a ways to go before Marvel Studios reveals what's coming next.

Comicbook.com's Brandon Davis was at the press junket for Spider-Man: Homecoming, where he got to ask Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige if there are plans for a big Phase Four announcement event, and when it might take place. According to Feige, "At some point we will. Other than the next Spider Man film, it's about concluding a 22 movie saga in May of 2019."

Speaking to iO9 at the same event, Feige elborated, saying that the announcement of Phase Four will likely happen after Avengers 4 (aka Infinity Wars - Part II) hit's theaters:

“I hope [the news comes] after that. I think there will be certain elements that start to come about, not the least of which is the already announced release date of the next Spider-Man film. But other than that we’re going to keep it very close to the vest because this is really about focusing on the unprecedented conclusion to a 22-movie overarching narrative.”

It's not surprising that Marvel Studios would keep this Phase Four rollout under thick veils of secrecy, as there are expected to be major shakeups and changes to the character/casting roster of the MCU. Any announcement of the new franchises and characters we could see in Phase Four would only tip the hat about what is going to happen in the two Avengers: Infinity War movies. So if, say, Bucky Barnes will take over as the new Captain America, that's not something you can announce until fans actually see Chris Evans' Captain America die (or rapidly age) onscreen. That's just a speculative example, but you get the idea.

marvel-phase-4-movies-1004731.jpg

Behind the scenes, Marvel Studios probably has a lot of old/new contract matters to settle, before the plans for Phase Four can even lock in place. In the meantime, this is a great chance for Marvel fans to once again get used to what is happening in the franchise, instead of instantly jumping into speculation of what is going to happen next.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/26/marvel-movies-phase-4-mcu/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Jon Watts Stays Involved With Avengers: Infinity War, Teases Spider-Man's Role

Following Spider-Man: Homecoming, the New York City wallcrawler's next appearance will come in the form of Avengers: Infinity War.

Having made his debut in Captain America: Civil War, Tom Holland's Spider-Man is no stranger to ensemble films with the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, the Infinity War saga will be unlike anything else Marvel Studios has done before. It will unite the entire roster of live-action characters for a battle against Thanos, including the cosmic misfits who have never crossed paths with the Earth-based heroes.

For the Guardians of the Galaxy, their Marvel Cinematic Universe godfather James Gunn (who has directed both Guardians of the Galaxy films, the only movies to feature the characters in the MCU) is serving as an executive producer on Infinity War as he helps handle the Guardians' and Avengers' first crossover. Spider-Man: Homecoming's director Jon Watts will not be billed on the film the same way Gunn is but is involved with its production in the aftermath of his movie.

"It's a little different because I feel like the Russos originated this take on Spider-Man, or at least the seeds of it, in Civil War," Watts said. "So, I don't feel the same kind of ownership that I think James does over the Guardians. But I am totally involved and aware and know everything that's happening in Infinity War, which is really exciting."

"So, you know, I'm involved, but I'm not as hands-on as James is."

As a matter of fact, Spider-Man: Homecoming's journey for Peter Parker will be a major factor in how he handles himself and plays into the Infinity War films and his own sequels -- which Watts is likely returning to direct.

"I think that the journey that Peter goes through in Homecoming definitely affects who he's going to be in subsequent movies," Watts said. "You know, I wanted it to feel like the first step towards this big grand hero's journey. I mean, he's the best superhero, so I want to spend some real time with him and watch him grow up."

spiderman-avengers-1004722.jpg

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/26/jon-watts-spider-man-avengers-infinity-war-/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Avengers: Infinity War - Could We Finally See The Illuminati?

Filming for Avengers: Infinity War is well underway. And while much is still unknown about the upcoming Marvel Studios epic, a few recent updates have caught our eye.

A recent tweet from Scott Derickson hinted at a scene in Infinity War taking place in Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. And a recent on-set photo unites the aforementioned sorcerer (Benedict Cumberbatch) with characters such as Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo).

The latter of the three has also been seen with T'Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), with Boseman recently hinting that the two share scenes.

While these could just be a set of coincidences, they got us thinking - could we see a version of Marvel's Illuminati in Infinity War?

For the uninitiated, the group unites several prominent Marvel Comics heroes, who secretly help keep an order to the universe. The core members of the group include Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Professor X, Black Bolt, Namor, and Mister Fantastic.

There are bits of the Illuminati's comic lore that could easily be applied to Infinity War. The group was first formed, with the help of Black Panther, to provide an easy way to unite the various superhero teams in the fact of an oncoming threat. While that initial union was following the Kree-Skrull War, the threat posed by Thanos (Josh Brolin) could easily replace it.

The only thing possibly standing in the way of the group being brought into live action are its remaining members.

Professor X remains a core part of 20th Century Fox's X-Men universe, with James McAvoy set to reprise his role in the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic. and the remaining members of the Fantastic Four, are also owned by Fox, with the film franchise set to rebooted yet again.

There is a possibility that Black Bolt, who will be portrayed by Anson Mount in this fall's Marvel's Inhumans miniseries, could appear in Infinity War as well. And while Namor's film rights have been up in the air for a while, many have wondered if he could make his debut in Inhumans, leading to later appearances in the MCU. With Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige hinting that the universe's film and television characters will eventually cross over, it's certainly possible.

But that being said, there are certainly enough established MCU characters to create a version of the Illuminati. Some are even already suggesting that Banner could easily stand in for Reed Richards.

Whether or not the group will become officially established onscreen has yet to be seen. We’ll learn more as we get closer to the release date for Avengers: Infinity War on May 4, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/25/avengers-infinity-war-marvel-illuminati/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Kevin Feige Reveals Avengers: Infinity War Will Be Some Characters' Final Chapter

While there are still three movies on the docket before the next Avengers movie is released in theaters, the hype for Marvel Studios’ next blockbuster crossover event continues to build.

The cast list for Avengers: Infinity War seems to include every major hero that has been featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date, and mastermind Kevin Feige has said this and the still-untitled Avengers 4 will serve as the culmination of every movie thus far.

But that doesn’t mean every character we’ve come to know and love over the past decade will ride off into the sunset, as Feige’s comments seem to indicate that some might end up meeting their doom in the battle against Thanos.

In an interview with JoBlo, when asked if Infinity War would serve as the final chapter to some characters’ stories, Feige bluntly stated, “Yes.” He later expanded on that.

“We have another two years of hard work to even finish these movies,” Feige said. “And they [the actors] have a lot of hard work to do, so that's all we're thinking about, is completing those and delivering on the promise of those. Where it goes beyond that, we'll see.”

It’s not entirely surprising that Infinity War would carry some high stakes, and the deaths of a character or two would certainly contribute to that. And when it comes to the power of Infinity Stones, nothing is ever set in stone.

But we can’t help but feel there is some unfinished business for some characters — is Black Widow going to bite it before she ever gets a solo film? We hope not, that’s just a waste of potential.

We’ll learn more as we get closer to the release date for Avengers: Infinity War on May 4, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/25/kevin-feige-reveals-avengers-infinity-war-will-be-some-characters-final-chapter/
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Holland confirmed that the kid in the Iron Man mask in Iron Man 2 is Peter Parker.

Fanmade retcon successful.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Tom Holland confirmed that the kid in the Iron Man mask in Iron Man 2 is Peter Parker.

Fanmade retcon successful.

I think that's pretty dope