Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yall really feel strong about this so yall gonna boycott or nah? Just think about that, your teams owner could be one of the racist 32 owners didn't wanna sign Kaep cause hes black :#

stop over simplifying it.
    i never said i was gonna boycott.. and its not just because hes black its because he took a "controversial stance" and is black period
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yall really feel strong about this so yall gonna boycott or nah? Just think about that, your teams owner could be one of the racist 32 owners didn't wanna sign Kaep cause hes black :#

stop over simplifying it.
    i never said i was gonna boycott.. and its not just because hes black its because he took a "controversial stance" and is black period

I just asked a question broski
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and i answered.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been gradually losing interest in the NFL with all these rule changes, can't even breathe on a WR or a QB without the flag being thrown. I prefer combat sports anyway.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Im personally not gonna boycott cuz Kap knew what he was doing.. its not like he didn't know this could happen.. he's ok with the consequences. I can support him and his movement and still watch football
    This
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im personally not gonna boycott cuz Kap knew what he was doing.. its not like he didn't know this could happen.. he's ok with the consequences. I can support him and his movement and still watch football

Yup,,, he smart dude, he stayed in college to get diploma
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kap has been garbage or years, that's the reason he doesn't have a job.
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options

LOL at this ? . That's not the point idiot. When QB's like Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Josh McCown are getting jobs and have done nothing in the NFL and Kaep can't get one it's a little bit more than 'Kaep's been garbage for years, that's the reason he can't get a job'. Just shutup and go back to eating cheerios out of Styrofoam cup.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    mldardy wrote: »

LOL at this ? . That's not the point idiot. When QB's like Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Josh McCown are getting jobs and have done nothing in the NFL and Kaep can't get one it's a little bit more than 'Kaep's been garbage for years, that's the reason he can't get a job'. Just shutup and go back to eating cheerios out of Styrofoam cup.

? outta here with this ? . Do you even know how pro sports work? Teams pick backups based on salary, ability to run the system, and youth. Kap really doesn't fit any of those points. Hell, Tebow is white as snow and could find a backup job despite his record.

Kap is garbage now, who the ? wants this ? on his team? If this dude hadn't been on his knees the past season, none of you would be saying ? . Kap's record the last two seasons is 3-16
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried not to enter this thread. I just knew that it would enrage me.

? the NFL.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No you can't,the whole purpose of boycotting is to send a message to the NFL that what they're doing(blackballing

Kap) is wrong. The only thing those creatures understand is finance,you stop supporting their products they'll have to

change their stance or else be without our dollars. This is why We as a people get treated the way we do,because we

can never stick together and stay on code,I mean you can't not watch football for ONE season ? You might think that

it's a small thing but it's not.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when nfl ran the wildcat for a year n half than teams found a gameplan n stopped it...

Kap used to do that read option college ? with a limited playbook...his accuracy stinks
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He's not right because you see examples of some of the GREATEST ever do both

Ali
    Jim brown
    Bill Russell
    Arthur Ashe
    Carlos
    Smith

All of them dudes are legends in their sport.

So saying he's right is completely wrong.

But he wasn't talking about them. He was talking specifically about Kap. Kap ain't Ali. Ali could do that ? and still be the Greatest. Kap looks like he's going to have to choose. It's not fair, but that does seem to be the reality of the situation.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-gm-heres-one-big-thing-kaepernick-can-do-that-would-help-him-get-an-nfl-job/
    49ers GM: Here's one big thing Kaepernick can do that would help him get an NFL job

John Lynch has some important advice for Colin Kaepernick

When Colin Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the 49ers back on March 1, he probably didn't think that he'd still be a free agent after four months on the market. However, that's now the reality of the situation.

Despite the fact that he's received solid endorsements from some of the best coaching minds in the game of football -- including John Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh and most recently, Chip Kelly -- Kaepernick still remains unsigned.

Not only has he remained unsigned, but he's also not garnering much interest. In the four months since he's opted out of his contract, Kaepernick has only taken one official visit, which came with the Seahawks back in May.

In that same period, several quarterbacks -- who are arguably worse than Kaepernick -- have signed free agent contracts, including Mark Sanchez, Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert and Case Keenum.

So what's keeping Kaepernick from getting a job?

Surprisingly, 49ers general manager John Lynch doesn't think it really has anything to do with the quarterback's decision to protest police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling for the national anthem last year.

Instead, Lynch has another theory: Teams are avoiding Kaepernick because they're not sure he's committed to football.

During a recent interview with KNBR radio in the Bay Area, Lynch revealed what he told Kaepernick during a recent conversation between the two.

"I think, you are having a little bit of an image crisis in terms of not so much what you did last year, but people are wondering, is this most important to you, at a position where the guys that succeed at that position are the guys that live it, breathe it, the CEOs that play that position," Lynch said, via Niners Nation.

Lynch also explained the one big thing he believes Kaepernick needs to do to get a job.

"I think there is a perception that football's not on the top of his list," Lynch said. "And so, my communication with Colin was that your best effort, I think the way you could best help yourself is to not have someone talk for you, not have statements, but go sit down and do an interview, and let people know exactly where you stand."

On one hand, it's a fair point. Kaepernick has been silent over the past four months, which might lead some teams to believe that he's not talking because he's focusing on his cause over football.

On the other hand, there might be a reason he's not talking. Kaepernick might not want to plead his case in the media because he thinks it might make more sense to show teams how serious he is about football during a potential tryout. Unfortunately, teams aren't giving him that tryout, so it's impossible for him to show them how serious he is about playing.

Either way, Lynch says that teams just need to hear from Kaepernick.

"He makes a compelling case as to how bad he wants to be in the league when you talk to him," Lynch said. "And so, I'll leave it at that, but we did have those discussions and I think that would help him."

As for the perception that Kaepernick might be more committed to his cause than football, Lynch isn't necessarily buying that. The 49ers first-year general manager said he believes Kaepernick is absolutely committed to playing in the NFL.

"I would tell you with my conversations with Colin, he is fully committed to wanting to be in this league," Lynch said.

It's definitely interesting to hear Lynch talk about the Kaepernick situation because he's one of the very few NFL front office members that has been willing to talk about it. There's also a good chance that he's talked to multiple executives in the league, which means when he says there's a "perception" that Kaepernick isn't focused on football, that perception could very well be coming from Lynch's conversations with front office members from other teams.

If Lynch is right about the NFL's perception of Kaepernick, then apparently, all the quarterback needs to do to get signed is convince everyone that he's serious about playing football.

wpbdfrj5118n.gif
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Surprised that came from Chip 'Whites Only' Kellys tbh

That's the whole point.. he's trying to change his racist image. #Humbled
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Remember when nfl ran the wildcat for a year n half than teams found a gameplan n stopped it...

Kap used to do that read option college ? with a limited playbook...his accuracy stinks

He was a pitcher as well and since I've watched him alot (49er fan) he tends to bullet throw his receivers that they can't catch it.. he's got a he'll of an arm; but tends to jump the gun when pressure comes and throws a whole a lot of lasers that his receivers can't catch
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

He was a pitcher as well and since I've watched him alot (49er fan) he tends to bullet throw his receivers that they can't catch it.. he's got a he'll of an arm; but tends to jump the gun when pressure comes and throws a whole a lot of lasers that his receivers can't catch

He shoulda played baseball..i heard he was good