Agree or Disagree? Black people in America would be stronger, if segregation remained in America.

Options
Jamaican Curry Bwoy
Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
I always hear how this "system wasn't made for us". Do you think if we remained segregated we would come up with a system of our own that worked?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A strong argument could be made that integrations pipe dream and the ongoing resistance to it.. was a detriment.. Id say so.. but we are here now.. there is not replays
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resources and land
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sooo

we needed to be separated Like we weaker or slow?

here the thing an my stance...
    every other race or culture can come here....an make ? pop an THEN form their communities.

we already here.....we came a long fukking way being divided and broken and brainwashed.

still here we are.....still powerful as ever...yet still divided but arriving at this point.

I love black wall Street and everything it stood for. but it wasn't their time.

sometimes you have to understand your strenght and weakness and opposition an how to navigate to come out on top.

we have no leaders for them to target.
    we have no town for them to target.
    we have ? in abundance.
    yet we are still here.....that ? speaks volumes

ever wonder how Russia and the US never truly beat the Taliban or the aphgans?

guerrilla tactics.

form when needed, disperse when needed...but built together and communicate for a common purpose until strong enough to stand against outside forces and support ourselves.

we can have another black wall Street...now just ain't the time but it will arrive.

just be ready
  • radio_santana
    radio_santana Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Options
    Agreed. As a collective we are a are a superpower
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed. As a collective we are a are a superpower

You starting a chant ? ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sooo

every other race or culture can come here....an make ? pop an THEN form their communities.

we already here.....we came a long fukking way being divided and broken and brainwashed.

still here we are.....still powerful as ever...yet still divided but arriving at this point.

sometimes you have to understand your strenght and weakness and opposition an how to navigate to come out on top.

we have ? in abundance.

guerrilla tactics.

form when needed, disperse when needed...but built together and communicate for a common purpose until strong enough to stand against outside forces and support ourselves.

we can have another black wall Street...now just ain't the time but it will arrive.

just be ready

Fam not every place was destined to be a black mecca/ black wall street.. just every day thriving connected neighborhoods.. like i said "integration" is here to stay.. Integration gave us a false sense of footing.. we dont generally live in the same neighborhoods/goto the same school/doctors or are treated as an "integrated party" in any arena. The illusion of integration made us dependent on the resources that were allocated to us without any thought about us and our needs. As a result we all chase the illusive mythical american dream.. with out solid communities in some respects..
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    sooo

we have ? in abundance.

guerrilla tactics.

just be ready

I agree. I'm glad I read the whole post through, because the first 2 lines gave me the impression you were about to "uncle tom" it. But I was wrong.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    sooo

we have ? in abundance.

guerrilla tactics.

just be ready

Fam not every place was destined to be a black mecca/ black wall street.. just every day thriving connected neighborhoods.. like i said "integration" is here to stay.. Integration gave us a false sense of footing.. we dont generally live in the same neighborhoods/goto the same school/doctors or are treated as an "integrated party" in any arena. The illusion of integration made us dependent on the resources that were allocated to us without any thought about us and our needs. As a result we all chase the illusive mythical american dream.. with out solid communities in some respects..

bruh....

you just said....what was given to us....

look at where we are with handouts.

now, do we still need them is the question.

no...everywhere can not be a black wall Street....

yet ...damn near every major city has a Chinatown and little Italy.

so, why can't we have a black wall street? everywhere?

were the handouts that good?

nah...we stronger than what we choose to show.

too busy flexing false strength.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    Now that I think about it, this is their land. And we would only get as far as they would allow us to go.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Now that I think about it, this is their land. And we would only get as far as they would allow us to go.

they can't stop us....so they ? an imprison the black man while selling the black women an ideal of what a man is then using it to satisfy their perversions of exotic ass white diluting our culture and color.

man don't get me started.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    So from what I gather you all are saying so far is that we should forego the american dream, and just build on OUR communities? If so I strongly agree.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    So from what I gather you all are saying so far is that we should forego the american dream, and just build on OUR communities? If so I strongly agree.

what is the definition of the American dream?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options

The house the cars the money. 2 kids and a picket fence, i suppose....
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

Its because we've been conditioned to hate ourselves and love them.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why blacks/African American/ colored people have not established a majority in one state is still puzzling to me...

If you do not like the way you are being governed then govern yourself....

Its not about segregation....

It's morso about the ability to create your own legislation and policies....

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

The house the cars the money. 2 kids and a picket fence, i suppose....

never had a fence....cars mean nothing to me ...can drive a squatter with no shame and house can be a small $10k fixer upper.

soo.
    a bucket car
    a fixer upper
    an two kids
    an part of a fence on my wall...would that equal the American dream?

in theory it does.

but we should settle on redefining what a dream is vs what's obtainable with clever wording or short cuts.

I think I will specify in a bit.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

cars ?

cars too.