Completely missed this fight and I'm not reading thru 300+ posts

So was it a robbery like Bradley-Pac

Or is it debatable that Pac just lost a competitive bout
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Cringe worthy watching Atlas pat Bradley on the head after he agreed with him.

Lol my gf said what the ? when he did that. Like he was saying good boy or some ?

Bruh please show me a vid of that ? so I can smdh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its coming on again at 8
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Debatable. Good strap don't let casuals lie to u
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Of course Australia will be tha first choice ... this fight ain't doin 55,000 in tha states.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol manny gotta feel like everyone want a shot at him for a come up mf's gonna build a ring in there backyard and challenge him lol
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Hope one of them takes the offer, i wanna see dude get destroyed, cac prob thinks he one of the best boxers out now
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Horn is the new Chris Algieri
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When cherrypicking goes wrong lol. I had Pacquiao winning, but he did bad. Pac is a HOF-er but he lacks fundamentals and ring IQ. He used to make it up with athleticism, but he pushing 40.
    When you lack fundamentals and (solely) rely on athleticism this is what happens when you get older and those natural attributes start to fade. Jeff Horn tried to apply pressure, but he made alot of mistakes and all the A-level welterweights wouldn't have allowed this fight to be competitive. Jeff Horn's footwork was bad, his balance was bad. He kept leaping over exposing himself when he came in. He came in wildly (basically following Pacman) without a jab or head movement. Horn hadf no D. His technique left alot to be desired, his punches were wide AF. He ain't really did no significant damage. In certain spots he outworked Pacman. I'll give him that, but he ain't done much real damage and didn't land much clean.

Pacman is a vet. Why did he allow a novice/ C-level boxer to bully him around the ring? He supposed to know better than that. Jeff Horn kept pushing his head down and making Pacman carry his weight. No inside game whatsoever and no ring generalship from a HOF-er. Apart from round 9 Pacman ain't really punish this C-level guy that shouldn't have even gotten this opportunity to fight him TBH.

I can see why Pac and his people didn't want no part of Bud, Spence or Thurman. He needs to focus on his political career and quit while he's behind before he tarnishes his legacy even more.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You there's gonna be a rematch and maybe even a trilogy vs. this C-level guy that no'one heard of before this fight was announced. While an L against competition of Horn's caliber doesn't look good, it legitimizes Pacman fighting this ? again (and maybe even a trilogy). There won't be public demand for a match against a real A-level ww like Thurman or Spence or even a 140-er like Bud. It might be a fix.

Imagine Horn coming in all wild and wide with no D/ head movement or jab against any of the A-level ww's. That fight wouldn't go the distance. This fight was BS and showed us what we already knew. It exposed Pacman's vulnerebilities and defects. No D, no ring generalship/ ring IQ, no (basic) understanding of range whatsoever, no jab, lacking fundamentals, only relying on that left hand etc.
    lol @ One of these commentators saying that fight was more entertaining that #maypac. Ofcourse it was to a dumb casual. Both fighters had no D. It's funny how they keep bringing up the real TBE when he has nothing to do with the situation at hand...
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think theyll do a rematch, honestly its whats best for pac at this point(dont go anywhere near the top ww's)if they do fight again i see pac stopping him this time, then horn will fade back into obscurity
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was funny all the same ? Teddy was saying about Horn im sitting there like you could say the same about pac.. with his haily mary left hands he was throwing.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes a loss isn't a bad thing ... pac will make even more money in tha rematch especially if its in Australia.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes a loss isn't a bad thing ... pac will make even more money in tha rematch especially if its in Australia.

Oh of course. The whole world can't control their anticipation excitement for the next Horn-Pacquiao fight.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pacman got another big payday coming. I wouldn't wven waste time on a rematch cause even if he win, theyll just say he shoulda won the first time. Let him go out on his shield and face one of the young lions, get paid....at least whatever left after Arum ? his check.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pac is stuck. Arum don't want him to be sacrificed to Crawford he doesn't have anymore legit Mexican fighters to feed Manny Vargas was the last one. Arum don't wanna work with al Haymon who has the other top welters... so we stuck with horn smh. ? blessed him with karma cuz arum did the same ? with the bradley fight
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    How much did Pac and Horn make for the fight?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Pac is stuck. Arum don't want him to be sacrificed to Crawford he doesn't have anymore legit Mexican fighters to feed Manny Vargas was the last one. Arum don't wanna work with al Haymon who has the other top welters... so we stuck with horn smh. ? blessed him with karma cuz arum did the same ? with the bradley fight

Arum is an idiot. Coulda used Pacquiao as a stepping stone for Crawford's career. Now Pac has lost 2 of his last 4 fights so it won't even be as good of a look for Bud if they were to fight next because people will just say "Pac is washed anyway, look at his last fight". He did good against Vargas and he's on his way out so it's basically a missed opportunity for Arum. He's not promoting Crawford as good as he could be.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good points..Arum probably had something to do with the decision
  • aneed123
    Options
    Al Bernstein went in on screamin A Smith

I seldom criticize sportscasting colleagues. BUT I cringe when announcers who don't really follow boxing denigrate fighters for no reason. Perhaps before Stephen A. Smith said that Horn opponents Randall Bailey and Ali Funeka "give new meaning to the term no names" he might have done 5 minutes of research and realized that Bailey only 5 years ago was a world champion and as recently as 6 yrs ago Funeka fought twice for a world title. Are they household names to all sports or boxing fans...no. Were they aging fighters that Horn could build his name with...yes. BUT within the sport they are not no names. it is awful to read their names and a few others in a mocking tone and suggest they're some kind of bums. These two men had excellent careers. I doubt if he would pick an aging NBA player who isn't a superstar and call him a no name even though casual NBA fans might not know who that 2nd string power forward might be. When asked "what do you have on Jeff Horn?" Smith said, "gotta admit I don't have much on this dude." Really? How could you admit that on National TV when you are being paid to cover this "dude." Then he denigrated Horn's opponents without knowing anything about THEM. And, again, I'm not saying Horn has faced super tough competition, but don't sit there with your co-host and laugh and mock their names, after you have admitted you didn't even do any homework on one of the fighters who is in the main event, let alone his opponents. When I have covered other sports beyond boxing I make it my business to NOT overreach and make statements based on no knowledge. Instead I actually prepare, so that I can stay in my lane, be factual, and do the job I'm being paid for. When I covered major league baseball or the NBA on Sportscenter when I was at ESPN I didn't offer unfounded opinions on players who I did not cover on a regular basis. I stuck to the facts and any insights I gathered from players or others who covered the sport regularly. If Smith is going to keep doing these boxing shows, I suggest he and whoever sits and co-hosts with him do the same. Sorry for this tirade, but this is more than a little distressing to me. Boxers deserve respect and accuracy when they are reported on.
  • aneed123
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Arum is an idiot. Coulda used Pacquiao as a stepping stone for Crawford's career. Now Pac has lost 2 of his last 4 fights so it won't even be as good of a look for Bud if they were to fight next because people will just say "Pac is washed anyway, look at his last fight". He did good against Vargas and he's on his way out so it's basically a missed opportunity for Arum. He's not promoting Crawford as good as he could be.

He thought horn would get the win and become a star like he did with pavlik. He may let Crawford fight horn is folk don't want the horn trilogy but he wasn't gonna let 2 black fighters come up off Manny name. He already did it with bradley. It's ? up boxing politics as usual. A shame porter Khan Thurman Spence Garcia broner etc... will never get the opportunity to fight Manny or bradley
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How much did Pac and Horn make for the fight?

Not sure of the offical numbers but I thought I heard on ESPN Horn was guaranteed $500K and Pacquiao got $10 million.